Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "We can't help it" isn't acceptance/respect

I like to compare it to anchovies on pizza. Most people don't like it, some really like it. Nobody asks why some people eat anchovies. They just do. They still can eat pizza without anchovies, but prefer not to. (Not to say that they should eat pizzas without anchovies; it is their choice.) Gender issues should be the same. Some people have different preferences in life, for whatever reason, but people should not get all stressed out about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Satrana View Post
    See, the real problem is the ignorance and intolerance surrounding gender issues. The burden is actually on the questioner to explain why they have an issue with the concept in the first place.
    I think that many of us use the concept that our desire to crossdress is something beyond our conscious choice in order to get people off our backs. The vast majority who have issue with crossdressing aren't intelligent enough to understand all the psychological principles involved, so rather than get into a long discussion that they aren't going to be able to grasp anyway, we just use the simplist explanation that we think they might accept.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    I think that many of us use the concept that our desire to crossdress is something beyond our conscious choice in order to get people off our backs.
    A perfectly reasonable use!

for me..

Ok after reading most the post on here i just had to say some things lol

For me I am not 100% sure why i dress, I know i like it and i know it feels good and i love looking like a woman, BUT... can i stop?... Sure, Yeah i believe could stop if i wanted to or had to, But i don't think that goes for everyone out there.

For people that are G/L/TV/TG I don't think they have much of a choice... well they do, But that choice will leave them depressed or miserable there whole life or worse.

I guess saying everyone has a choice is in a way "right" but still not the only answer.

Really i think everyone should just stop trying to make sense of it and just accept people for who they are or at best tolerate them, There's no reason to hate a person just because there different.

Good topic. I tend to agree. It's not that "I can't help it". In reality it's just me. People spend far too much time rationalising their behaviour.