Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Homely" Crossdressers

GG's do the same thing too. The ones that aren't a size 0, tan, and blond are excluded from the group.
    Define "normal"

Quote Originally Posted by msginaadoll View Post
    I guess my thoughts went to the fact that maybe we as CD's and transgender folk can be just as superficial and in some ways as negative as others can be to us. Just wondering if other people have run into this. Is there a class sytem in the transgender community at least at social clubs/events based on looks. Or was this just a fluke?
    I agree with others who have said that the obsession with "passing" plays a large, negative role within the trans community in this regard.

Ideally, we should call out such BS as unacceptable, but I completely understand that in practice it's not easy to do face-to-face, especially if no one backs you up.

That being said, in my personal experience, I have not seen it explicitly from other trans people I've met. However, I have seen quite a bit of the bias implicit in the way some trans people (myself included) seek out and interact with attractive versus less attractive trans people. I personally try to be aware of it and adjust accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by clayfish View Post
    Another is this ... beauty is a particularly heavy burden to bear (if you are female) and handsomeness is, too (if you are male).
    I understand that your point was that everyone has problems, but I really have to disagree with this specific statement. Physical attractiveness is a privilege that makes being trans much, much easier. I think this is worth emphasizing. People often forget what advantages they have, and that makes them less likely to feel empathy towards people without those privileges.

We all had better look for the inner beauty in others cause we all will get old!

I feel the person you we talking to very rude, and I hope you told her so, especially if she was insulting your friends.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Maybe it's NOT what u think, Gina!

Maybe she is bi and is simply attracted to "pretty" CDs!?
    U usually CAN'T HELP who u r attracted to! Superficial, or NOT!

I'm that way. I've met some wonderful, sweet women in my life that wanted me. But, I wasn't attracted to them! So, I passed.
    My LOSS, I'm SURE!

I'm a homely woman! And, I find I'm NOT attracted to her! So, I put on a special face and oua la! Now, I find myself ATTRACTIVE!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 10-18-2010 at 10:43 AM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Let's get real here, every group since high school have a inter group of "Beautiful People" Those that are thin, tall, rich, and pretty. The get the prettiest dates, the best pay and they feel it's their right to look down their pretty little noses at the rest of the world. There is no reason to think are group would be any different.
    But remember they have to work real hard not to slip down to the level of mere mortals. The rest of us get to go about our lives with out such pressure, and have fun nor worrying about such things, We really should feel sorry for that type, they think they have it all and have to protect it so much, it must be hard to really have much fun. And on top of that, they will get old and lose that edge, and it will really hurt them more than my getting old did me.
    Tina B.

Every pool has a shallow end. You'd find people with the same attitude in any group. My feeling for them is: It's their loss.

Michigan, SE and Michigan Upper Lower Penn./ just under the bridge like a troll
    Hey Gina
    You have raised a good point. I never even thought of a pecking order in our community. It sounds like Gigis may be more of a hotter spot, but the personna of the place is alot more like Junior High or High School ( both of which I have no fond memories of ). Since I still have not found the courage to go out much, I am wondering if in general is there perhaps an age difference in the crowds at these two places? Would the Rainbow Room be more of a grown up place?

Always enjoy your posts,
    Loveday

Quote Originally Posted by Tina B. View Post
    Let's get real here, every group since high school have a inter group of "Beautiful People" Those that are thin, tall, rich, and pretty. The get the prettiest dates, the best pay and they feel it's their right to look down their pretty little noses at the rest of the world. There is no reason to think are group would be any different.
    But remember they have to work real hard not to slip down to the level of mere mortals. The rest of us get to go about our lives with out such pressure, and have fun nor worrying about such things, We really should feel sorry for that type, they think they have it all and have to protect it so much, it must be hard to really have much fun. And on top of that, they will get old and lose that edge, and it will really hurt them more than my getting old did me.
    Tina B.
    Kharma is a wonderful thing.

And if you really want to see lots of beautiful women with heaps of problems, you need look no further than the film industry, the music industry or Paris Hilton.

Quote Originally Posted by VeronicaMoonlit View Post
    Of course there is, it's here as well, to a certain extent. Haven't you seen and recognized it in action?
    Veronica
    Good point. It's totally here. I could name some names?

Well, you got me to thinking - How many of my friends have I picked because of their looks? - How many of my friends picked me because of MY looks? So I had to do a little olympic scoring to figure this out (throw out the 2 real hotties and the the 2 real mud fences) and I suddenly realized I probably couldn't give a police sketch of most of them.

I know 3 CD'ers that I would truly call my friend...never met them face to face... and not one of them has asked what I look like. I guess it says something about the caliber and quality of people.

Quote Originally Posted by wrenchette2 View Post
    GG's do the same thing too. The ones that aren't a size 0, tan, and blond are excluded from the group.
    I've gotta say, I fit none of those categories and I've never felt excluded from the people who were WORTH hanging out with.

hehe there seems to be a bit of confusion on the definition of homely!

–adjective, -li·er, -li·est.
    lacking in physical attractiveness; not beautiful; unattractive: a homely child.

Truthfully, I get caught in the "looks" trap, but I've noticed that for me personally that it's less about nature and more about skill. That is, I'm more likely to admire a more masculine-bodied girl who knows how dress and put on makeup than a more naturally fortunate girl who isn't quite there yet.

I've NEVER snubbed someone for being unattractive though. When someone is prettier than me, I hope to learn from them. If someone is still trying to realize their potential (doing stuff that I did when I first started, like using a single color of gaudy eyeshow over my WHOLE lid, as if to say "There. It's on. Ya happy?" I love to try and help them.

Well, I make an ugly woman. But I don't care. I am fulfilling a part of me that is sorely underexpressed. It is sad that other tg's or cd's pass judgement on each other. It should be the one demographic that expresses total acceptanc eand love. Oh well, just more haters!

Just wanted to say that I would hate to label one place I go to as more superficial or stuck up than the other. Both clubs have wonderful folks. One tends to attract a larger crowd and may be more of the hot spot. The other tends to be the neighborhood bar. Both have wonderful people. And we all do go out for different reasons. Some may to see and be seen and look for an attractive partner. Others like me just go to hang out with friends and maybe meet new folks. Obviously if looking to hook up ya go for the place with more folks. As was mentioned too, all of us probably like to look are best, as well as like to hang out in the company of those we find attractive. But it all comes down to respect to me and treating others as important. and paraphrasing Christina- "We all are beautiful... words won't bring me down!"