Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Omg....Col Russell Williams

It is too bad that the news media is putting more importance on his wearing woman's clothes then the fact he was "top dog" in the military. All and all I feel sorry for the families of his victims.

Quote Originally Posted by PetiteDuality View Post
    "Borrowing" is just wrong. And if "borrowing" is also related to "breaking in", then I think it's just sick.

And yes, he is obviously a crossdresser. Not the typical, not our favorite, but a crossdresser.

It's really sad. It will give a bad name to the CD community. It will trigger alarms to suspecting wives or others related to closeted CDs. It will make acceptance even harder.
    I agree. He's as much a crossdresser as anybody here, IMO. Problem is, this crossdresser is a homicidal maniac and a psychopathic thief, things that (hopefully) can't be said about anybody else here. I hope they throw the book at him, and that the public doesn't use it as an excuse to persecute CDers in general.
    -Sedona

Banned Read only
    Men kill. Are all men killers?

Women kill. Are all women killers?

Straight people kill. Are all straight people killers?

Gay people kill. Are all gay people killers?

A very simple retort to ANYONE who tries to bracket all crossdressers in with this guy.

Last night on TV, headline, Crossdresser is mass murderer, then followed by the story of the col. There is just no good way to spin it from our point of view. I'm sure someone will get beat up or attracted in some way over this. giving time it will blow over as soon as the next big real big story hits the news. Thankfully here in the states people seem to have a short memory for things, and are ready to jump on the next new thing that comes our way.
    Tina B.

I don't know how the media in other countries have been reporting this story but here in Canada all three major television networks have never used the word "crossdresser" or implied that fact as a reason for his crimes. The focus has been on who he was and what he put his victims through. For sure there are media outlets elsewhere who want to sensationalize his horrific crimes but those outlets are the ones who believe ratings are more important than fact.
    You don't have to have been born female to enjoy being a girl

Here I am trying to get up the courage to come out to my SO (wife). I actually came close today and do plan on doing it before Halloween, but it DID NOT HELP when this story aired on the news last night when we were watching together.

Seeing Williams in lingerie is the worst publicity ever.....Just when society is taking a more sympathetic look at transgendered people too..He is a very sick fellow...Society will just lump him in with us..I identify with his female victims,not him...I'm a woman inside too and pray for his victims ,as well as other women who are victims of abuse.Williams also reflects on men who are mostly great guys!...He's evil,and really shouldn't represent anyone....

Duality sometimes hurts.. PetiteDuality's Avatar
    Men kill. Are all men killers?

Women kill. Are all women killers?

Straight people kill. Are all straight people killers?

Gay people kill. Are all gay people killers?

A very simple retort to ANYONE who tries to bracket all crossdressers in with this guy.
    Sure. But I don't see straight people saying "this serial killer is not really straight, because we don't behave like that". The straight killer is still straight, and the crossdresser killer is still a crossdresser.

The thing is that crossdressing has a bad stigma around, due to the ignorance that has surrounded us for so long. And many people equals crossdressing to being sick.

Figured I would find this topic here somewhere. A few weeks ago I was on a coffee break at work (I work in construction) when the topic of conversation turned to this scumbag. A comment was made along the lines of "the guy dressed up in woman's clothes, what a freak" funny I would have thought the fact that he raped and murdered women was what made him a freak...

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy V View Post
    That is some bad press alright. I wish could get some good press to counteract it.
    What would you suggest? A passerby capturing on a camera phone a CD dashing from his building in a bra, panties, Black see through negligee and blonde wig, to pull a trapped driver from a crashed burning car?

Try as I may, try as I could?

I just couldn't let it pass of the offense of the term "low level grunt

Being transgendered, a cross-dresser etc has nothing to do with being a "grunt"

And being a "grunt" ~ aka a low ranking enlisted infantryman ~ has nothing to do with being a high ranking, Canadian Air Force Officer!

Indeed! Were one to purchase the book "Is There A Marine In The House" they would find that the arts, the media, the theatre, literature, the highest ranks of government and industry are populated by so-called "grunts"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...States_Marines

And this is JUST the United States Marines ~ the SMALLEST BRANCH OF THE United States Armed Forces! Not to include the other Four branches ( I include the United States Coast Guard ~ they deserve they're proper due!)

this guy is no longer a col. he was booted out of the military with a dishonorable discharge stripped of his rank in which he will never be called a col. stripped of his medals and will spend the rest of his life in jail hopefully.
    saddly the only thing he get is his pension .
    they took all of his uniforms and medals and destroyed them so they couldn't be sold

Quote Originally Posted by niya blake View Post

I just hope they don't focus in on the panties and draw conclusions on the trans comunity.

The commander of Canada's largest air force base is to plead guilty to the murder of two women and the sexual assault of two others, his lawyer says.
    Col Russell Williams once acted as pilot for Queen Elizabeth II and was in charge of Base Trenton in Ontario - Canada's busiest air force hub.
    His lawyer told an Ontario court he would plead guilty to all charges.
    He is also charged with 82 counts of breaking and entering. Prosecutors said he had stolen women's underwear.
    One woman was found dead in her house in November 2009. The other went missing in January this year.
    Col Williams was arrested on 7 February. He is expected to enter guilty pleas at his next court appearance later this month.
    The murder victims were Marie Comeau, a 38-year-old corporal, who lived in Brighton, Ontario, and Jessica Lloyd, 27, a resident of Belleville, Ontario.
    I think anyone who tries to relate this to the crossdressing and transgender community is simply looking for an excuse to find something wrong with it. Even if he did enjoy wearing the panties, breaking into people's houses and stealing their underwear is a completly different issue in itself. If it was just the wearing of panties that he enjoyed then it would have been enough to do what pretty much all crossdressing and transgender people do, and bought his own. Sure he may have the harmless desire to dress as a female, but going about it the way he did is very harmful, and his method of acquiring panties should not pushed onto anyone who deals with their harmless desire in a harmless way.

Let's keep one thing very clear about Mr. Russell Williams: He is convicted of murder and burglary. Mr. Williams is not incarcerated for being a crossdresser. The offence that landed Mr. Russell Williams behind bars is not what he was wearing, he could have been wearing a hockey helmet and it would not have made his crimes any less perverted or offensive. Burglary is burglary, whether the object of theft involves undergarments, Matisse paintings, jewelries or currencies. Unfortunately a crossdressing perverted serial murder is more titillating, gets more click-through and sells more ads than a garden variety serial murderer, but crossdressing is not on trial. Crossdressing is not perverted, it is a form of self expression and identity, it is a freedom of speech. Murder is a psychopathic disorder, crossdressing is a form of self expression.