Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: getting back to pantyhose

I like the tan pantyhose and black thigh highs as well, its like two layers of sexiness!

Stockings are something I didn't explore until I was able to buy my own, as my mother never bought them herself. But as much as I like the feel and look of them, I think pantyhose win(s?).

I could not live without pantyhose. I love the way they look, smell, and feel. I NEVER not wear pantyhose or tights when dressed. Love sleeping in them too with a silk slip or nightgown.

It was a stupidly hot summer here in Toronto, so my pantyhose days were kept to a minimum. Now with Fall here, I'm wearing them almost every day again. I did miss them.

Have a lot of circulation problems in my feet/legs. One of my doctors suggested a brand of support hose that he wore. Tried them and they cut off circulation below the knees. He also suggested that I try Sheer Energy panty hose. The other half of this wonderfully well adjusted household happens to wear that exact hose, so now I get hers when she gets a runner. Works for me...well maybe not in August. :-) OK, cut to chase. Spent more time then my budget can stand with another young doctor the past couple of months. On the day he pronounced me cured and sent me on my way, he pulled up his pants leg, showed me what he wore. Suggested that I try a pair of simlar socks. Only $36 a pair. Gulp!! I then told him about my previous doctor's reccomendation and related the success that I had with Sheer Energys. Lord, I thought he was going to freak out. Regained his composure and went through the sales pitch for the $36 socks again and headed for the door. I can picture him scrubbing and scrubbing and scrubbing after I left. He might have touched something that was several magnitudes worse then any staph he had ever seen. I thought it was a hoot. Funny thing is that he is probably 25 years younger then the doc that suggested panty hose. Oh yes, I bought one pair of his fancy socks from the med supply store. They feel fine but $36 will buy a lot of panty hose. Don't tell my doctor but I feel much better in the hose. Wonder why?

Banned Read only
    I'm with Karen. I love thigh highs and stockings with a garter belt or open bottom girdle, although I reserve pantyhose when under dressing.

Classic Lingerie Lover
    I just love the feel of nylon sheathed legs, so I always wear pantyhose except when I wear garter hose!
    [SIZE=5]Cathy[/SIZE]

I know that this is a little off subject but how high does one pull up their pantyhose just under the rib cage or somewhere half way to the navel/

I get the waistband to my natural hip line, which is just above the naval.

Banned Read only
    I love pantyhose as much as anyone. But all summer I was going for long walks in the woods, shaved from head to toe, and wearing only a thong, sandals, and a short sun dress. That feeling of smooth bare legs was unbelieveable, especially on a windy day. Can't wait for warm weather again.

love pantyhose and thigh highs 24/7 hate to think what it going be like when I die with out then

I love pantyhose as do the rest of you. I like the wolford brand Charmo's as well. I just can't understand why women hate them so much. They feel so nice on the legs, they dont seem to restictme,as women don't have anything to be restricted. and they make the legs look so sexy so why do women hate them?

My experience is that if hose are ill fitting, or of a cheap material they are absolute hell to wear. If they are not put on right, and one leg is twisted, then they again are hell to wear. On hot days they can get a bit uncomfortable if there is not a good flow of air. ( I have not experienced the level of discomfort I have heard GGs scream about though) Those people that wear them and complain about wedgies, are not wearing them correctly .

Then there is the possibility of developing a run in them while getting them on.

Despite those, I love them.

I love pantyhose. I do wear the nicer brands, as they feel better and you get more wearings.

Quote Originally Posted by lacie View Post
    I could not live without pantyhose. I love the way they look, smell, and feel. I NEVER not wear pantyhose or tights when dressed. Love sleeping in them too with a silk slip or nightgown.
    COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER!!!!!!!

Mollyanne
    "To thine own self be true"

Quote Originally Posted by Pythos View Post
    My experience is that if hose are ill fitting, or of a cheap material they are absolute hell to wear. If they are not put on right, and one leg is twisted, then they again are hell to wear. On hot days they can get a bit uncomfortable if there is not a good flow of air. ( I have not experienced the level of discomfort I have heard GGs scream about though) Those people that wear them and complain about wedgies, are not wearing them correctly .

Then there is the possibility of developing a run in them while getting them on.

Despite those, I love them.
    I believe many women who dislike pantyhose are or have worn the wrong size, put them on wrong, purchased poor quality, etc. Something like 70% of women are wearing the wrong bra size. It'd be hardly surprising that that percentage or more are wearing the wrong pantyhose for them.

Pantyhose called, they want your legs back in them!
    I do do know what it is about hosiery that makes me want to wear them all the time! I kind of find it funny that GG's are always desperate to be admired by men, but they for go the pantyhose. why oh why?!

The avvy pic isn't me
    Quote Originally Posted by girl_in_pantyhose View Post
    I kind of find it funny that GG's are always desperate to be admired by men, but they for go the pantyhose. why oh why?!
    Ok, i'll bite. 2 things.....when i picture a lovely looking woman with nice legs and a nice tan, walking down the street in a skirt and high heels, pantyhose aren't going to make her look any prettier. Just MHO. Now, if you take that same woman and put her in the bedroom with sexy lingerie on and some pretty lace-top stockings to go with, then yeah, now were talkin!
    mj (Cassie)

Banned Read only
    I don't feel complete without pantyhose. I believe it is because my mother always, always, always wore pantyhose. Even under her slacks and jeans.

Prefer PH.
    What part of FL, ronnyO?
    SWFL here.

I love thigh-tops, especially the ones with lacy tops.
    warmly, Linnea

I love how they seem to sooth the spirit so to speak.I think its the feel of the material.Just feels so femme and sexy.I even wear them to bed sometimes with a nightie.Thats a little weird but feels good.
    If I knew where it was going to take me I probably would have put my mother's panties back.

Yay! Panty hose and a new panty girdle. Great way to start the fall season. Might as well throw in a new bra, too!

I too love to express my feminine side and I sometimes think that I would like to do that o a ful time basis. Although I like pantyhose, like Davida and Karen I perferthigh highs. Thigh highs allow me to enjoy panties more.

Just got a dozen pairs of L'eggs "Just My Size" silky sheer suntan pantyhose in the mail tonight. Won the bid for them at eBay on Sunday. I have been doing thigh-his mostly in the last couple of years as my pantyhose and gartered stocking supply had been running low. I'm wearing the JMS ones right now and I forgot how good a well fitting pair of pantyhose feels. Don't know if I'll wear them to bed tonight, but am looking forward to doing so with my satin sheets this weekend.

After bidding, I had remorse as I saw the seller sold quantities of two and four pairs too, but I'm glad I got a dozen and with shipping, they were only a little over $2 a pair. I love the way my french pedicured toes look in them too.