Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When you are gone from this world....

When you are gone from this world....

This is maybe a pretty morbid subject, maybe not...but I was thinking about this today. When someone dies, they get all dressed nicely for their internal sleep. But, I was curious, has anyone ever heard of someone's last request to be put to earth wearing lets say, panties or lingerie??

I wonder if I could request that as a last wish.hmmmmm.

what are your thaughts?
    "Boys can be Brides too!"

Not long ago I told my wife that I want to be buried in my best suit and tie with hose and heels.

Why not?

Silver Member
    Asked a close friend who is a third generation mortician your question. Reply was "you can request to be dressed anyway you like - outer and inner garments, as long as it is not obscene". Guessing nothing surprises him anymore! Side note: most cadavers only wear outer attire and DO NOT wear under garments, shoes, or socks - unless it is part of a uniform.

Lots of people here would like it, but few will get it. How you are dressed is up to your loved ones and they may not be able to admit to the world who you really were. So often times we are buried as a complete man and nothing feminine.
    Michelle

I am not worried how or what is done with the body when I am done with it. the state has taken most every thing else, they can have it too. let some of all the taxes taken from me place it some place.
    nobody to greave over me so no problem.

I've been planning my funeral for the last 10yrs... I don't know when I'm gonna go, but when I do, I know how I want the celebration of my life to be.

It'll be a night time funeral. I'll be in a carved rosewood casket surrounded by black roses on a horse drawn hearse lit by flame torches and lanterns. In front of the horse drawn hearse will be Haitan voodoo priests, African witch doctors and Native American shaman marching to the tune of Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust".... there will be no cars in the procession as everyone will either be on foot, horseback, or horsedrawn carriage.
    Last edited by LitaKelley; 10-16-2010 at 01:47 PM.

Lita, that sounds gothy.
    I saw a horse drawn hearse up your way once......Parked in front of a funeral home with 2 horsies & ready to go....it was in Newburyport.

In my dream funeral, I will be cremated in a coffin which consists of a large Chinese garment factory.
    The workers will be given financial assistance to go to all corners of the world and open CD friendly op shops.
    In this way, my demise will benefit a large number of good causes and fellow CDers.

I always thought it would be best to be cremated nude. Why waste good clothes, or use up ground space? Of course, there would still be a funeral, for which I don't care that much what I'm wearing. Maybe a clown costume?

I want to be cremated into pixie dust for fairies.

One thing I'm pretty sure of, I don't think I want to spend eternity in a girdle.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Here is the way I look at it...

"It's my Party and I'll cry if I want to"

I mean, I bought the casket and paid for the embalming fluid, right?

When I became a father, I felt I had to take care of everything in advance, so all my daughter would have to do is show up and cry. My original "request" was just to have "I told you I was sick" on my headstone.

But I am actually in the process of updating my "last will and testament" right now. I am going to request to be cremated, and my ashes tossed off the peak of a mountain that I have not yet selected...at the end of a "party" that includes music I select. I thought about having my ashes stuffed into a jar or a sinker, and just tossed into the ocean. But I think that is illegal, plus a shark would probably "eat me", so I decided to go with the mountain version.

At the end of the day, it won't matter what I am wearing since I will just be a pile of ashes.

"and so it shall be written, and so it shall be dumb"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Personally I like the funeral depicted in the movie Goodbye Mr. Lenin. After the main character's mother died, he placed her ashes inside of a large firework and shot it off over the city. Now that's going off with a bang! (groan....)

I could care less.. My family can dress me in what ever they want after all the funeral is for them. Not me.. So what ever eases their pain is fine with me!
    Last edited by Karren H; 10-16-2010 at 06:00 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I don't really care. Cremate my body and spread me all a mountain in the middle of nowhere!
    A prisoner in a kings disguise - Styx

Platinum Member
    Spread my ashes along the Rail Road tracks so I can watch the trains forever.

20% Amtrak
    20% CSX
    20% Norfork Southern
    20% BNSF
    20% Union Pacfic

Orchid

cremate me in my favorite minnie skirt,blouse,bra and panties the spread my ashes all over my mother-in-laws house so I can haunt her for being such a self righteous bitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
    I am a beautiful, young victorian style lady. Demure, gentle, kind and giving. I love to be feminine in lace and intricate delicate patterns flowing skirts, the kind of sexy that makes you desperate to know what I'm hiding underneath!

Quote Originally Posted by eluuzion View Post

I thought about having my ashes stuffed into a jar or a sinker, and just tossed into the ocean. But I think that is illegal, plus a shark would probably "eat me", so I decided to go with the mountain version.
    It is not illegal to have your ashes thrown in the ocean, it's done all the time. The Neptune Society in San Francisco offers it as a regular part of there services. My son has promised me that he will take me out and toss me in the ocean, the only problem we are having with it is convincing him to wait until I'm dead.
    Tina B.

My loving wife says that if I die before her she will send me off in her wedding gown. She really loves me and understands totally who I am and who she is.

I love her dearly

Kerry

No funeral or memorial service. Just toss me in the furnace and haul my ashes to the top of Mt.Washington, via the cog railway, and let the wind do it's thing.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by BridalBoy
    This is maybe a pretty morbid subject, maybe not...but I was thinking about this today. When someone dies, they get all dressed nicely for their internal sleep. But, I was curious, has anyone ever heard of someone's last request to be put to earth wearing lets say, panties or lingerie?? I wonder if I could request that as a last wish.hmmmmm.
    [SIZE="2"]I’d like to be hung up, upside down, in the town square, while people pelt me with rotten fruit, much like Mussolini’s mistress. I won’t care, since I’ll be dead. My skirt will be over my head, and everyone will see what’s bothering them. Take aim. Hey, it’s not much different from how it is now, right? Seriously, I wish to be properly dressed, according to my transgendered nature and sexuality, for cremation. However, I’ll never have any children, so what actually happens is anyone’s guess.
    [/SIZE]

Speaking as someone who works in the funeral industry, and yes it is an industry, I've seen most things, although never seen anybody (no pun intended) cross dressed. But then what does it really matter. The funeral is for those who are left behind, let them choose your clothing, music and everything else, you will be in no position to argue or complain. The only instructions that I have given my family are to make the funeral as low cost as they can, and to scatter my ashes around the same old oak tree at a local beauty spot where my darling late wife lies.

Cremation for this gurl. Dust to dust......HOWEVER! at my memorial I want everyone to have a great time and have a TON of laughs remembering me. In other words, one heck of a party!!

Quote Originally Posted by weekend woman View Post
    No funeral or memorial service. Just toss me in the furnace and haul my ashes to the top of Mt.Washington, via the cog railway, and let the wind do it's thing.
    Well now, seeing that I've run the Mt. Washington road race 3 times, and skied Tuckerman's Ravine....now THERE's a funeral I endorse!!
    Last edited by Nigella; 10-17-2010 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Merged consecutive posts

I agree with Karen. What I am wearing will no longer be of any interest to me. BUT..while the 'family' will be able to dress me as they choose, they'll will have to wait until I've breathed my last to get my bra and panties off me!!!!!

Blue Orchid, I love it! That sounds good to me, too. There is a trestle not far from here, over the creek i have fished the most! I always loved going there, to see the trains too, especially when they used to have the old passenger trains, before Amtrak.