Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you explain it?

Banned Read only
    Because I love and am attracted to the look of a very curvy, sexy, pretty young woman. So much that I want to be that woman, the closest I can come is with her(female) clothing and makeup. I love the cut and soft fabrics of womens clothing and underwear. I like to look in the mirrow as I dress and see how sexy, curvy and femine I am becoming and I love to walk in heels, straight skirt, the jiggle and weight of my D breast forms. I could go on forever, being a good looking, well built man just doesn't even compare or come close.

Because women's fashions are much nicer.

Question to women: why are you wearing pants? This sometimes gets me a confused look on their faces.
    Whenever I have worn a skirt in male mode, there have never been any issues at all.

I have explained it as a physical, emotional and mental satisfaction. It is stimulating and satisfying on many levels.

Well most of these answer are one liners.. and I am sure none of you have used or would use one liners to explain it to you SO. I know why I do, but I was looking for a deeper explaination as to why the rest of you do. My thought was that other crossdressers who are trying to tell their SO's about themselves would be able to use this thread to help them explain themselves by letting the SO see the thread and all the different feelings crossdressers have about dressing.

Mine is I don't know why, but I'm driven to it, and if I don't I'm not a very nice person to be around, I'm depressed, and hostile. So it's better if I do.
    Tina B.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie48 View Post
    I don't know. My wife says it is my fem side. She is right I am drawn to it & always have been.
    My wife used to say that about me.........

Love Gina x
    [SIZE="3"]Lots of love Gina X[/SIZE]

If you sit near the river for long enough eventually the bodies of your enemies will float by......Chinese Proverb
    Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
    I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are still missing !!
    People who think they know everything, are especially annoying to those of us who do

I've heard it quoted that if someone really knows why they crossdress, then they are not a crossdresser (in the clinical sense).

It is very simple for me ....Men got ripped off shoes shirts and pants stop .............BORING!!! Women got all the choices fabrics textures cuts options accessories etc Oh and makeup ??Why as a guy Is it wrong for me to wear eye liner and Mascarra? My eyelashes women would kill for so why is it wrong to bring them out?? Plus I love the shoes !!! I rest my case your honor.
    George Zimmerman says "youll like the way you look" and he is right I do!

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I crossdress because I really like the fit, feel , and look of feminine clothes! I told my late wife I was a CD before we married and she asked me why I dressed enfemme. I told her exactly what I said in my opening. She just laughed, and said that was a very good answer. It is also very true! I have no desire to be a woman or a sex symbol. I just like to wear feminine clothes!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

If one were to sum up all the answers so far in this thread, they would have a pretty good idea of who a crossdresser is and why they do it. For me its pretty simple. Just like a GG, I have a need to feel girly; not just in getting dressed up in fabulous clothes and going out but to lounge around the house in female mode just being comfortable in my own skin.

My wife has asked me a few times in the past, and each time I reply that I don't really know why, but I do know that I have to. I try to explain it like Melody so beautifully puts it.......

Quote Originally Posted by Melody Phillips View Post
    I told her it was something deep inside me that makes me feel good and It is something I was meant to do.
    I wish I had a more comprehensive psychological answer for her, as she is disgusted by even the thought of Tasha, and flatly refuses to talk about it these days

I am who I am!

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    I have a VERY feminine head...and I feel best when I am a girl.

Em
    Living with a heel in each world.

Quote Originally Posted by Starr View Post
    If your SO or some one close to you asks why you enjoy wearing women’s clothes? How would you answer that?
    "I like the variety of looks, styles, and colors available, and don't mind the fact that some may consider it weird. If I can find it in my size, I'm just as entitled to it as anyone else, right? My liking of women's clothing is a part of who I am."
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
    Oscar Wilde

its just a part of me i really cant explain, and girl c stuff just looks and feels better

Sometimes the short answers are the most honest and accurate. To the question "why" I would simply respond "because." I would answer the same to the question of why I like pastrami or roses or basketball or... I think you get the idea. It's simply a preference I enjoy and find satisfaction in.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

I told my new GF that it was something deep inside that makes me feel so good and calm, and to ask any questions that she wanted. Also, if she ever believed that she understood, then to explain it to me, cos I don,t understand myself.

I just love the way it feels!

I tell people.........."it's how I'm wired".

I would simply tell them that there is a logical explanation for what initially appears to be some type of mental disorder. Let me explain...

Often times in a fit of delusionary fortitude someone will come up with the same tired old gastronomy(at least this is my experience). He/She will say: My parsimonious indebtitude falls flat in the face of grappling logicamacations! My edjumacation has prepared me for indignantly spewn “self-made” lacanian lepromobilities posing as theoretic propositions. Let me explain: Let’s say you divide the (so called) square root of 5 x 100 with regard to the inherent calculations of the mathematical equivalent to cosmic arguments. OK you have observed a total fallacy right? Am I correct or not? Precisely my point! It is the same argument made on behalf of spaceships traveling to Mars for the benefit of regaltutraded cockamonious fratitude! I won’t burden any of you with the erroneous consumption that makes it self plain as day in any defumpratory explanation.

There, all better...now, what's for dinner?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by kayegirl View Post
    I told my new GF that it was something deep inside that makes me feel so good and calm, and to ask any questions that she wanted. Also, if she ever believed that she understood, then to explain it to me, cos I don,t understand myself.
    This is the best one I have seen here. Although several other posts hit home as well.
    I don't claim to be an expert on anything! After all, an EX is a has-been and a Spurt is a drip under pressure!
    OK, OK. I admit it. I am a has-been drip under pressure. Sigh.

I love shrimp, and I hate beets, But I can't tell you why.
    The question "why do we enjoy wearing women's clothes" really is the $64,000 question (young folks don't know where this expression came from).
    It's what people (psychologists, psychiatrists, counselors, etc etc AND us cd's) have been trying to figure for a long time.
    For me, it's because certain things excite me. But I can't tell you why they excite me.
    Last edited by NicoleScott; 10-23-2010 at 09:47 AM. Reason: typo

If there were man clothes that consisted of sexy corsets, silky panties, silky thigh highs, sexy boots or heels, then I would be wearing them... but thats not going to happen in the 20 yrs so I will be happy with the ones designed for a woman, but fits well on this man's body!

The answer for me is that it's what feels right to me...but then again, from examining my feelings I've come to realize that I'm probably much closer to being a transsexual than I am a crossdresser. As for explaining WHY one might feel the urge...it's like asking why someone is right or left handed when it comes to writing or any thing else. Iirc, even psychologists and therapists don't know the full reason why we're "wired" the way we are. Either way, I highly doubt we can be "re-wired". ;p
    If I don't make changes happen for a better tomorrow, then who will?

Quote Originally Posted by Tina B. View Post
    I don't know why.
    [SIZE="3"]Ditto[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenie S View Post
    Come on, now. You are searching for something too elusive.

You think you SHOULD be able to answer so you agonize over the question.

But really, there IS no logical, rational answer other than, " Because I like to."

Really now, why do you hunt? Why do you like hot rods? Why do you like opera? Or whatever. There is NO reason other than you like to do it. And you owe no one any further explanation.

Don't worry. Relax over this.

S
    ditto