Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting fat!

Getting fat!

So I am probably gonna have to hit the road for Manassas tomorrow and started getting outfits together yesterday. We just made a week long road trip to go watch my sons graduation from Basic training last week and it seems that I gained over 5 pounds sitting in the drivers seat, eating chips, cookies, and slurping on coffee. Nothing fits me now! ARRGGAGGAHHH!!!
    It now looks like I'm gonna have to go in boy mode because none of my female clothes fit right. Guess who just started a diet and exercise program?

I feel your pain girl! I've been hitting the excercise rooms on my layovers. Lost seven pounds so far!

Renee
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [SIZE="2"]Huggs, Renee [/SIZE]

I always struggle to keep the 50 pounds I lost from coming back.. That's why I was doing squats and working on my universal gym last night at 10:30pm.. I have learned one thing. If I traveled as much as you I'd weight 100 pounds more. At home and work I can control what I eat but on the road... Sigh... Heading out on a business trip tomorrow and I think I'm taking my roller hockey skates... Fun.... Good luck Kim!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

A girl has got to watch what she eats (and sadly alcohol adds calories). Since my wife watches her diet (diabetic, heart condition) I've followed suit to a healthier diet. More veggies, less refined carbs and I feel better. I've become a Denise Austin fan!

Now if I could only do something that girlish (I wish!) figure....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Aspiring Member
    Food can be evil! Don't blame yourself though, everytime I make a roadtrip back to Maryland I have fast food meals 3 times a day with all of those little snacks you mentioned in between.

Anyway, good luck with your dieting and exercising. Five pounds isn't that much so hopefully it won't take too long to lose

I guess that my wife's having to watch her diabetes has been a blessing to me too. Good stuff to eat and no alcohol makes for a trimmer waistline here.

Kimberly,
    Been there and am DOING that. I have been in the office two days in the last three weeks and will only be in for two this week. It is hard to not over eat. I too have gained 5 pounds. My saving grace is that I had just lost 5 pounds. So the clothes that should be too big are still fitting.
    Good luck,
    Leann
    Leann

Enjoy who you are but stay safe.

Poor you Kimberly, I guess that's a good reason to buy clothes with a spandex blend, so they can expand when you do. LOL
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Girlfriend.....I am soooo there!

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Travel is a diet killer. I enjoy traveling, but I almost always put on weight in the process. I remember hearing one diet/weight guru saying that his rule is never to eat in a vehicle (car, train, bus, plane). I've tried that and I think that it helps. But I hate the idea of not fitting into an outfit that I like and especially of having to go to male mode--yeech!
    So I'm trying to stick to my therapist's admonition: exercise more, eat less. It's simple to say--lol!
    For lunch today, sugar-free Jello with mandarin orange slices mixed in, raw carrots, and a few dill pickle chips (for zest)--YUM!
    And time on the exercise bike.
    Good luck, Kimberly!
    warmly, Linnea

Lucky you - only 5 pounds. You will be back in the dresses before you know it.
    Michelle

say away from any china town i gained 15 pounds in a weak and a half on my last vacation. it took 2 months of hard work to get rid of it !

In my misspent youth I could drop 5 pounds almost over a weekend. Now that I'm nearing 60 its much harder. The bum knee doesn't help either.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

I can feel your GAIN!...Been working 14-17 hour days here for the last 3 weeks and munching all the time to keep up the energy. Gotta have put on at least 10 pounds sittin here!!

Jenn

Silver Member
    Kim,
    So very easy to gain a few pounds, but can be harder to lose! Sometimes it is not only what/how much you eat, but also emotional and stress situations can effect your eating habits. Consider eating more salads, fresh fruits, real juices, and eat at a slower pace. Doing early morning light exercises BEFORE breakfast - or a short walk, can help shed some of those extra pounds and tone your body. Remember the military routine - calisthenics then chow! Maybe the best incentive is to buy a very cute outfit in your usual Kim size, then work out to fit into it!

Haha I feel you there. I am currently on a 2 pounds loss per week program...I feel good...never tired or really hungry...okay...maybe a little hungry...but, my bikini says that I'm not hungry.

Anyway, one week I kind of just let myself go on the whole diet and exercise thing and gained 6 pounds.

6 pounds...1 week. Kill myself.

HOW DO YOU PUT IT ON SO FAST AND THEN IT IS SO DAMNED HARD TO LOSE???!!

At least it went away after a couple weeks of work. But, yeah...it'll be gone in no time. Don't stress.
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

Kim, I don't go anywhere and I have added some to my middle. Very frustrating. More and more my outfits include tops that are not tucked into the skirt. I really have to watch what I eat now and I have to make an effort to add more exercise to my day.
    Good luck because we love to see you all femmed up on your trips.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Drat, Kimberly! Maybe it is just monthly bloat or water weight gain?

Maybe next time you road trip you can try the trick of substituting lower fat snacks for higher ones? Like the "Eat This, Not That" feature in Women's Health magazine?

Baked pretzels or bar-b-que flavored soy chips instead of full-fat potato chips? Weight Watchers(R) makes some pretty good Cheddar-flavored Twists that they sell in their centers (an item they don't sell in regular food stores). I don't think you have to be a member to buy them, you can probably just go in to one of the centers and get 'em (come on, it's no worse then that first time shopping in the women's department! ).

Target's Archer Farms(R) brand has some "real fruit twists" that might be a tasty substitute for cookies. Then there are several varieties of low-fat string cheeses and Laughing Cow(R) makes some great spiced/flavored"Light" cheese wedges.

Stores are full of good stuff! Most of the supermarkets even have pre-sliced fruit in the refrigerated section. And don't forget sugar-free chewing gum!

Hugs,
    Your Sister Who Is Fighting Her Own Weight Gain 24/7,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

I too have been trying to lose a few pounds, one of my main motivators is CD'ing, so that I can look slimmer and sexier in some of my dresses/ outfits! its working so far, got a bit to go though!
    My theme song........."Cherry Lips" by Garbage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqaUZkf52fs

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

It is my personal belief that diets and unusual excersize don't work!

As others have said, vacations mean weight gain! I put on about 9 pounds on our summer holiday. Got 4 off for SCC. And, lost the last 5 after that! Funny thing is, I've dropped a couple more since then!

Because I've made changes to the way I eat! Here's what they r:

Smaller portions at lunch and dinner.
    Drink LOTS of water and iced tea, (lemon, no sugar).
    No snacking. But, I have calorie-less rice cakes if I feel the need. So far, the package is unopened!
    No late nite eating/snacking.

I'm nearly down to what I weighed at age 16! 145 pounds! I haven't been below 165 since age 22.
    It feels good, too. Once u change your eating habits, u lose weight and that encourages u to lose more!

Dieting always makes me want to BINGE! And, abnormal excersize always becomes a CHORE!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    You and me both girl! .... all my life I have been able to eat almost anything I want and in whatever volumes I want (with very little exercise) but these last 6 months or so, things have changed. I for sure have a layer of fat on my tummy that was never there before and I have several dresses that no longer fit me or still fit, but I look hideous in them
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    It now looks like I'm gonna have to go in boy mode because none of my female clothes fit right.
    Oh the horror...

[QUOTE=SherriePall;2301752] More and more my outfits include tops that are not tucked into the skirt. QUOTE]
    Sherrie -- are you implying there is some *other* way to wear tops besides not tucked in??!! (g)

[QUOTE=linnea;2301602] I remember hearing one diet/weight guru saying that his rule is never to eat in a vehicle (car, train, bus, plane). /QUOTE]
    Linnea - that is a rule well worth adopting!

Hey Kim-

I just finished a big road trip up in the Pacific Northwest. Since no one else wanted to drive, that task fell to me. Yeah, Cheetos, oreos and anything else that ended in an 'o' saw my gullet! Not to mention all the fast food, cheap Continental breakfasts at the hotels and anything else that tasted good. The pounds piled on as the lack of excercise and yummy junk food became my stable.

It got so bad, I don't even fit in that other outfit I wear. (I finally managed to squeeze into one pair of pants without ripping them.)

So.... now it's back to the gym, exercise daily and better food.

Funny, years ago I couldn't care less whether I ate well or got in some exercise.

Now I've got a purpose (not being a lard A$$).

Jen

Last edited by Jenny J; 10-25-2010 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny J View Post
    Hey Kim-

I just finished a big road trip up in the Pacific Northwest. Since no one else wanted to drive, that task fell to me. Yeah, Cheetos, oreos and anything else that ended in an 'o' saw my gullet! Not to mention all the fast food, cheap Continental breakfasts at the hotels and anything else that tasted good. The pounds piled on as the lack of excercise and yummy junk food became my stable.

It got so bad, I don't even fit in that other outfit I wear. (I finally managed to squeeze into one pair of pants without ripping them.)

So.... now it's back to the gym, exercise daily and better food.

Funny, years ago I couldn't care less whether I ate well or got in some excise.

Now I've got a purpose (not being a lard A$$).

Jen

You said it all sis. I'll see you on tread mill at the Double Tree in DCA!

Renee
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [SIZE="2"]Huggs, Renee [/SIZE]