Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting fat!

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Wait just a second. 5 pounds and nothing fits properly? Once again you prove you have much higher standards than me. Good luck Kim, but as you get older you may want to look at clothes that have a little stretch built in.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Yup going to start my trainnig this week.Would like to lose 30-40 pounds.
    I am who I am...I am very happy with who I am! I am transgender! Time for others to deal with it or get out of my way!

Fat is like ones shadow, always following, if you slow down it catches up. Then you spend a long time trying to get out from under the shadow. I need a lighting system here.

I wish!

I have a few skirts that I bought a few years ago that don't fit me anymore. I am hanging onto them in the hope that I will regain some of the 5 kilos (11-12 lbs) that I lost when I was ill a while back. If past experiences are anything to go by they should fit me in 2015, unless I am ill again in the mean time.

Sorry gurls, you must hate me as much as my wife. I eat, she gains the weight!
    Rachel,

As a crossdresser my personality has several facets. Therefore, I suppose I can be forgiven for being facetious.

Maybe we need to open a chain of gyms for crossdressers. It would help our image with representatives like you Kim. 5lbs? you could lose that in a trip to the mall. You always look fantastic!

Well. it seems that I am not the only one with this problem! LOL
    Here is a good news / bad news thing - it looks like I am NOT headed out on the road this week after all so I will have time to try and work some of it off. Yesterday I went to our county court house for Jury duty. Several hundred people showed up and somehow they selected ME to be on the jury! LOL So, the rest of my week will be spent sitting in a jury, trying to decide if a man should spend the rest of his life in prison. I'm proud to do my civic duty and contribute to our justice system, but I really hate the idea of holding a mans fate in my hands, or of having to decide what is Justice for the alleged victim. Can't tell you any more than that due to restrictions placed on us, but it really does shake you up a bit to have that much responsibility thrown at you out of the blue.
    So I will not be heading out on the road this week, and in any case, have far more important things to worry about than the fit of my skirts.

it would not be so bad, if the good food only tasted as good as the junk stuff. and came in finger foods.

but i will trade you, i need to loose 30 pounds.

Loni

Over the years we all learn it is really easy to put on a few extra pounds, and next to imposable to take it off. First I needed to loose 5# then 10# now it is closer to 50#. Thought I would be really happy to just start a trend of going down rather than up. My wife tried Herbalife and after 11 months has lost 40#, looks like I might have to try it also.

I feel your pain Kim. I gained about 20 pounds a few months ago when I was in the hospital for toxic shock (yes men get it to). I've been biking a lot but it seems I gotta starve to death to loose weight. So far about 5 pounds is off. It just bugs me to do photos now because I look more like Donkey Kong in a dress instead of Princess Peach.....
    Bored? Try wearing a pretty dress. It's fun.

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    It's all in the mind ! I run a Marathon every day ....... in my head. By imagining running daily I can feel the fat burning away and the toned muscals building ......... Gotta go I'm comming up on the water station .
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

please, stop crying for just 5 pounds!!! in a couple of weeks you can loose them!!!
    i need to loose about 30 pounds and you are making me feel even fatter.
    argggggggghhhhh i need to work out.

We all have our dreams... AmiFL's Avatar
    I would be happy to look as good as you. As I find myself on the other side of 50 it is becoming harder and harder to lose weight. Sometimes it seems if I look at food I gain weight. I recently joined a gym and I'd like to lose 40 pounds. If I can do that and not have to shop at Lane Bryant Ami can get a new wardrobe.........

You know this is a really strange thread. Nearly 40 posts by m-- (can't get myself to admit that I am one today) who are complaining about putting on a couple of extra pounds and now they either can't fit into their finest skirts and dresses or they look "fat" in those outfits. OK, everybody, hit the salad bar.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Quote Originally Posted by helena.gcd View Post
    please, stop crying for just 5 pounds!!! in a couple of weeks you can loose them!!!
    i need to loose about 30 pounds and you are making me feel even fatter.
    argggggggghhhhh i need to work out.
    Honey, I looked at your pics. You don't need to lose no 30 pounds. Did you fall and smack your head on the pavement?
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by TXKimberly
    ...it seems that I gained over 5 pounds sitting in the drivers seat, eating chips, cookies, and slurping on coffee. Nothing fits me now! ARRGGAGGAHHH!!!
    It now looks like I'm gonna have to go in boy mode because none of my female clothes fit right.
    [SIZE="2"]Slurping coffee, eh? You’re REALLY over in the “boy” lane!

If I were you, I would look at some Rubens paintings and be happy. I think a quick week of correct eating will return you to your previous state of feminine bliss – just skip the cookies and chips, and learn how to sip your beverages. There – that’s better...
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Shananigans View Post
    Honey, I looked at your pics. You don't need to lose no 30 pounds. Did you fall and smack your head on the pavement?

Looking at your pics, you don't weight any more than I do!
    By the way, while I'm bitching about gaining five pounds, I really need to loose more than that to get where I wanna be.

I'm right there with you sis! I've been getting into hummis and veggies, and snacking on fresh fruit instead of any kind of chips (I love crackers and chips!). Even started a trial with Vanilla Silk to see if I can like it. I've brought things down about 8 pounds but I'm still 10 pounds heavier than when you first met me. Welcome to the world of "well fitted" clothing. Unlike guy stuff, you can't gain more than a few pounds without things not fitting, or looking bad.

The days of pigging out on leftover Halloween candy are gone for good I think!:slaphippo:
    Sally

This is why I got a mountain bike.
    Angie

Well, just wear a corset during jury duty. That will help. And help you relax and hear the case.

I am just so mad at myself I don't know what to do. I just retired out of the military and since I have been sitting around a lot and seeing how the cookie jar is just in the next room and all (yes I am the household cookie monster) it just seemed natural the they all needed to be eaten and that's exactly what I did. So 20lbs later I cannot fit into any of my skirts without a waist clincher. Now I feel like a sausage, mmmm that sounds good but I won't go there. I am trying to talk my wife into letting me buy some fat clothes for those fat times that come and go. Oh boy another reason to shop. Hang in there Kim at least you can exercise.

Jeannie

[SIZE="3"]I am currently in Gulfport, MS. The drive down was 17 hours. Snack food and fast food all the way. My son is on R&R before his deployment to Afghanistan. Last night we ate at an Italian Restaurant. The night before was a little lighter. Today i am trying to be good. Our condo has a fully equipped kitchen which helps. I am sure when I get back I will be eating salads and veggies for a month. I really understand what Kim is talking about.[/SIZE]
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    ARG! You have hit all of our nails squarely!!!! I've been trying to lose (permanently) 50 pounds from where Tina started (215). She's down to 178 as of this morning, but it's a constant struggle, and I HATE to be on the road:

Twice a year I travel to a professional meeting for a week (Friday to Friday). This year I swore I would not gain weight. I left home at 175 and for 4 days I was incredible about not eating (although the increased salt content of the food I did eat must have added water weight). Then in the last 2 days I put on 7 pounds...It takes no time at all to add immense amounts of weight. That was two meals...TWO!

So, I'm planning again for this March. This time I'm taking the high road. I'm trying to figure out if I can lose the extra weight just before I go so that when I invariably gain a few pounds on the road it will just bring me back to where I started. With any luck (and will-power) I won't gain it all back!

Oh, and the increased salt content of food "on the road" is a definite issue for me. I don't control salt well, and even one small meal at a restaurant will add one or two pounds regardless of how little I eat. A week away is a nightmare for water-weight gain and it takes a week to finally come back to equilibrium. Note that I left for my meeting at the end of August at 175 and I'm still 3 pounds away from losing it all back...some of that wasn't water from the salt!

tina

p.s. hmmm, having complained about all this, it's still better to be aware of it and the presence of Tina has clearly made a difference in keeping my body in better shape. It's just one more reason why doing away with our femme selves is just not a good idea!

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post

Looking at your pics, you don't weight any more than I do!
    By the way, while I'm bitching about gaining five pounds, I really need to loose more than that to get where I wanna be.
    Oh, we're never really satisfied are we? But, from your pics you look to be in really good shape and I wouldn't be worrying.

But, I know the 5 pounds add can be annoying. It takes 2 weeks for me to lose 4 pounds.

It takes me 2 days to gain 5. It is just a thing that pisses you off because you know how hard you have to work for 2 weeks.
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

Don't worry; losing weight is easy! I've lost the same ten pounds over & over again for the past 2 years.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

losing it is great but does it always have to find me again along with some friends?

Danni