Thread: Looking forward to tonight -a definite first....

Looking forward to tonight -a definite first....

Tonight I will be going en femme to a Oregon Symphony concert at the Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall here in Portland -the Schnitz to us locals.

I will be accompanied by a real good GG friend with whom I've been out before (dinner and movie) but a concert is definitely a first!

May be just cell phone pics, but....hope to post some pics tomorrow

So what are you going to wear. I have never been to a concert dressed. Sounds like fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

I am NOT a junior sob sob Edwina's Avatar
    Helen. I hope you have a memorable evening.
    Looking forward to seeing the photos.
    What is the programme?
    Last edited by Edwina; 11-01-2010 at 10:59 AM. Reason: typo

Tchaikovski's Winter Dreams.

I'm not completely decided what to wear. Right now I'm leaning towards a deep royal purple turtleneck and black skirt just to the middle of the knees, sheer black stockings and satin fabric 4" heel slingback pumps as I've a matching clutch.

Sounds good - you enjoy it and let us know how it went
    Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astair did .. but backwards and in HEELS!

I've always thought that would be a great type of event to wear something a little more glamorous to. I'd love to do that or a Broadway touring company show.

Hope you have a great time!

I would like to attend a symphony concert in my black dress shown in the avatar as an alternative to the coat and tie outfit. I would add black pantyhose to the outfit and some makeup. I would have to go by myself, since:
    1. My wife would not go out with me with my being dressed.
    2. She does not like that "funeral music" - her catchall phase for any classical music.
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaS View Post
    I've always thought that would be a great type of event to wear something a little more glamorous to.
    Same here, but....I don't have anything more 'glamorous' so it's make do with what I have...

Remember, too.....it's Portland.....many people go to these affairs in jeans and polos....

Well, it was awesome. No pics as my cell phone's flash did not want to work and lighting everywhere was horrible, so the few pics I took are awful, but it was a wonderful evening.

I dressed at 3:30 and took time with my makeup because I'm still cautious with the 'smokey eye' look. It was perfect the first time and definitely made my face and look more natural and soft.

Picked up my friend at her office at 5:30 and we drove downtown to have dinner at a sushi bar that's 200 yards from the Schnitz...two girls at a table, had a light dinner, food was delicious. I'm not much of a sushi fan, but I enjoyed this one. We finished early so we had some time to kill so we walked over to the Schnitz and went into the Art Bar which is right next door to the hall. It was pretty crowded with 'early arrivals' like us, but we found a small table for two, sat and had a glass of Chardonnay before the performance.

Picked up our tickets at will call (no ID asked for, thank God) and we went upstairs to the mezzanine about 7:40. No one gave me a second look -and to those who wondered if my outfit may have been to casual, the dark skirt and soft, royal purple cashmere turtleneck was perfect. Hugged my frame nicely and it complemented my knee-length skirt perfectly. As I expected, women were in everything from cocktail dresses to jeans and nice tops. My heels were fabulous....I usually have some difficulty with slingbacks 'skewing ' on my feet slightly where the heel miss-aligns with the heel of the shoe; these Nine West pumps were perfect the whole night, and their satin finish looked sooooooooooo elegant!

The performance was fabulous....loved it. Another GGs sat next to me and we chatted for a few minutes before the performance, at intermission and the end and she was absolutely great to talk to. At one moment, I crossed my legs which allowed one of my shoes to become visible to her and in a few seconds she looked down and exclaimed 'I looooooove your shoes!

Went outside during intermission for a quick smoke (yeah, I know, it's bad for you) and again, no hard second looks or obvious stares from anyone.

After the performance we stayed put for a few minutes for traffic down the stairs and at the lobby to die down a bit and left, again, without anything untoward happening. Drove her home, had a coffee and drove home, arriving circa 11pm.

Did I pass? I asked my friend this question and her response was 'you probably passed to 70% of those that looked at you and the other 30%, well, this is Portland.....they don't care.'

Would I do it again?? In a heartbeat!
    Hugs
    Helen