Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Did nylons pave your path to crossdressing?

Nope, my sisters shoes and worn panties did.

I don't know if it was paved but I think my dad cleared a path for me. And made it easier for my wife to accept my dressing. Even if it was years before I told her.
    Angie

I actually started with slips. I loved the feel. I moved on to panties and other underwear. Out the blue, i decided to put on a dress. I loved it. I've been hooked since!!

Nope, never did anything for me. Besides, girls don't even wear them anymore, outside of specific outfits for special occasions. You might as well be wearing outfits from "Gone with the wind", it's that outdated...

I'll add myself to these ranks, although it was really tights more than sheer hose that first got me. I was very young and my best friend was a girl named Lisa and I remember seeing her wearing different colors of tights and wanting to wear them, and not understanding why they weren't for boys too. From them on I simply started to notice more and more things that I wanted to wear that boys weren't allowed to. It simply took me a couple of decades to to realize I was the only one whose permission I really needed.

EDIT:

To the poster above, if you're talking about sheer nude hose, then you're right, but if you're talking about opaque tights or patterned tights, then I see women wearing them all the time, especially as it starts to get a little bit colder out.
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

Nylons were the one big thing for me. too, then borrowing a dress, girdle. Decades later, high heels, wig, makeup, jewelry, many more dresses, skirts, and tops, sweaters.

I would definitely say yes. I felt it was incredibly unfair that only girls could wear them with skirts, hell I couldn't even wear them with shorts. Looking back if I could though, there would have been many destroyed pairs. But for formal stuff I would have loved to have worn them.

I always loved how they looked, and wanted to try them on but was forbidden by my mom. I remember seeing her put them on right in front of me, not knowing I was in the room. I was intrigued at how they were all she put on under her skirt. I asked her when I would get a pair and she said "boys don't wear pantyhose, they are for girls only".

Well it looks like that is slowly but surely changing. (very slowly).

When I put on my first pair, I so wanted to know how it felt to have them under a skirt or dress, and later on I got to experience that out in public, and absolutely love the feeling. I also love how my legs look and feel in them. Why women are put off for the most part I don't know. Why do they want hairy legs on their men? LOL

I love stockings and tights, they are what got me started.

Over here in the UK, pantyhose = tights. When someone says nylons we think of nylon stockings (ie pre non-run stuff), and there are loads of people (male and female Tamara) into retro stockings.

Yeah for me an early recollection was a need to wear tights under my clothes... maybe 11, 12-ish... certainly puberty. I remember wanting to become a woman not a man, though that has changed since... I am fairly happy with who I am! I just need to be me!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    Over here in the UK, pantyhose = tights. When someone says nylons we think of nylon stockings (ie pre non-run stuff), and there are loads of people (male and female Tamara) into retro stockings.

Yeah for me an early recollection was a need to wear tights under my clothes... maybe 11, 12-ish... certainly puberty. I remember wanting to become a woman not a man, though that has changed since... I am fairly happy with who I am! I just need to be me!
    Im still finding myself at the moment, sometimes I want to be all male and other times I want to be all female, I only recently joined this site to see if it will help me. So far its made me want to accept myself the way I am.

I was born in the 40s and my mother wore real nylon stockings (post WWII). At the age of 5 I can remember seeing my mom put on her stockings and hook them to her garters. I was fascinated. I was first caught putting my mother's stockings on a couple weeks later at the age of 5. From the moment I first touched them.. then slid them on my skinny little legs, with my shoes still on, I was hooked. Throughout my teens, twenties and 2 marriages I graduated to garter belts, panties and camisoles. By the close of my 2d marriage that lasted 21 years, I was dressing completely and going out in public and was told I was quite passable. Being busted as a CD ended my marriage. All throughout these years I never lost my love for real nylon stockings, 10 or 15 denier, full fashioned, RHTs or sandal foot. Today my 3rd wife (3 is a charm!!) of 6 years and I go out together. She enjoys helping me choose fashions that are most flattering and being a vintage stocking wearer herself (she wears everyday to her office job and at home) she includes stockings for me when she places her order with Secrets In Lace, Stocking HQs or any other vendor she finds who can furnish our preference. I rarely wear pantyhose. I can truthfully say that nylon stockings started me at age 5 on the road to being a very happy CD!
    Last edited by Karentgny; 11-16-2010 at 04:07 PM.

I agree that stockings / tights / pantyhose / nylons were the main reason why I got into this way of life. Like Hayley I have also just joined this site, and it is great to know there are many people who think like us. I remember the smell of my mother's freshly unpacked tights that I found, and then for some random reason, putting them on. The rest...is history.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    For me, it started with the shoes, but hosiery has long since taken over as a key motivator ...

Julie

Hmmm. Think it was when I had to play the part of a Spanish nobleman in a play at school when I was about 10 and my Mom put me in a pair of tan stockings to go with the knee breeches. Was having trouble holding them up so she put me in one of her girdles. Then there was the stage makeup. An interesting experience all round...

Took a few years for it to resurface but when it did, it was stockings and girdle (+ bra, slip, dress, wig, makeup - you know how it goes...). Now I'm stuck with it and having to live with it...

xx Polly R

Pantyhose and tights were for sure my first trigger. There was always something about them that made me feel femme and relaxed. I still love wearing them both, but I've moved to bras, heels, etc. Other than the absolutely femme look they also change my psychology. I feel like time i pull them up, its official....I'm a girl now.

Quote Originally Posted by lingeriegurl View Post
    ...... Eventually it evolved to garter belts and nylon stockings. Today I rarely dress without putting on a garter belt and nylons.
    First it was panties then garter belts and stockings. I now enjoy vintage girdles and stockings. I have a couple of vintage playtex girdles that have the exotic rubber scent associated with them. I really enjoy the feel and the 18 hour support along with a nice pair of 10 denier vintage nylon seamed stockings. Just lovely.
    [SIZE="3"]Luv ,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Theresa
    [/SIZE]

Go Steelers!

I have always loved silk and I think it was my mother putting my into a pair of my sister's panties because she was washing mine that turned me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ria View Post
    Like you- most likely, I'm a pantyhose conosur. The love affair started when I was around five years old when I procured my first pair from mom's dresser drawer. I was compelled to put them on, it was one of my earliest childhood memories. In later years I "liberated" ripped nylons from my mom's garbage can in her bedroom, gross hey! ... my only option at the time.

I was lucky to have a fashionable mom that wore nylons daily. Her color choice widely varied depending on her outfit so I had a steady supply. In my early twenties I shaved my legs and it was like I discovered pantyhose all over again. I started wearing them even more but the desire to crossdress wasn't really strong with one exception. Skirts looked and felt amazing with my new legs!

Truth is, it worried me a lot- that I might be heading down a continuum with one clothing item leading to the next- tops, shoes, bras etc. I was concerned my exploration and curiosity would end with the purchase of a wig and makeup; this was on my mind and my feelings were mixed as I slowly discovered my crossdressing life unfolded as predicted. Was I going to become a transvestite? This was troubling to me.

Today, I'm very happy and accepting of myself. I have brown eyes, why try and make them blue or pretend they are blue... enjoy brown eyes. So I enjoy my feminine side that came to me honestly. I'm lucky that I also enjoy being a man just as much, variety is the spice of life.

So! that's my story, pantyhose is where it all started for me.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Sounds so much like the path i went down to get where i am today p.s you look stunning and your legs are fab on the above pic
    Lexie x

Quote Originally Posted by Theresa1955 View Post
    I have a couple of vintage playtex girdles that have the exotic rubber scent associated with them.
    I'm not into them now, but when I was little, my mom had several of those rubber Playtex girdles, and the scent was certainly strong and distinctive. I always associated it with her lingerie drawer (which, sad to admit, I opened frequently) where she kept them.

I'm curious, though: Do other people we come close to also catch a whiff of that lovely Playtex odor, or is it only obvious to the wearer? Is it a dead giveaway to those we meet that we are wearing a vintage girdle? Has anybody ever heard any comments about it, or had any experience with this?

- Diane

Life is like a box of..
    Paved my way stealing them from store or dresser then buying them.. just to feel them on the skin.. still excites me

Ever since I first tried on my mom's stockings at about 6 yrs old I've been hooked on them. I'm now 62 and still addicted!

yup, i remember i was like 3 years old i found a pair of my moms nylons and put them on, i fit all the way in them up to my head lol, but then i remember the feeling that i had, which was similar to the feeling i get when im, "in the mood"

Pantyhose were my first item

hi for me it was my mum sexey panties i was very young. but my first girlfrend made me wear stocking or no sex in my car . the only thing was i love them .
    23 years on 4 months ago i brought my own and a lot more. what calms me down is painting my nails ,pink or red

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Nope.. When I started. Pantyhose hadn't been invented or if it had wasn't available yet.
    ....but animal prints were in vogue or all that was available.