Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crossdressing seems pointless

Quote Originally Posted by MissBobbi View Post
    Now it just seems pointless. What is to be gained by crossdressing? It just doesn't make me feel good anymore.............But I can't go outside in guy mode wearing pantyhose or someother mix of male and female clothing;
    I think your words explain why you are having these feelings. The reason we dress is to feel something, a desire to express part of our personality. But doing so trapped inside your house means that you cannot get what we all really want - the acceptance and appreciation from others of our feminine projection. The "high" of femininity revolves around the admiration of others so dressing up for yourself in front of a mirror can eventually lead to feelings of pointlessness.

Some people address this issue by taking photos and sharing them on forums like this one but ultimately the best solution is to get outside and socilaise. The more you take ownership of your dressing and properly integrate it into your life, the more meaning it has. Still you should not expect a buzz to remain part of your experience all your life. Like all things it will eventually diminish over time but it can be replaced with other good feelings.

For some, especially if it's event driven, there can easily be times when it seems like it has no purpose. For others, such as myself who only feels normal when dressed as a girl, feeling normal is the whole point. To each their own.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I dont wear wigs and make up and I am happy.
    http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...x/DSCN1330.jpg

Do it when you feel like it. I can't say for sure, but the urge never really dies. And wear what you enjoy. Adopt and androgynous look that will allow you to mix it up.

So a few days ago I tried on my favorite femme clothes; pantyhose, catsuit, corset and knee high boots. I felt quite good, so the feeling isn't completly gone!

Quote Originally Posted by Satrana View Post
    I think your words explain why you are having these feelings. The reason we dress is to feel something, a desire to express part of our personality. But doing so trapped inside your house means that you cannot get what we all really want - the acceptance and appreciation from others of our feminine projection. The "high" of femininity revolves around the admiration of others so dressing up for yourself in front of a mirror can eventually lead to feelings of pointlessness.

Some people address this issue by taking photos and sharing them on forums like this one but ultimately the best solution is to get outside and socilaise. The more you take ownership of your dressing and properly integrate it into your life, the more meaning it has. Still you should not expect a buzz to remain part of your experience all your life. Like all things it will eventually diminish over time but it can be replaced with other good feelings.
    I think you're right. I'd like to show people what I look like, but am too afraid to take photo's or go out in public. I know an address where they can give you a female makeover, that sounds like fun.
    Last edited by MissBobbi; 11-09-2010 at 10:16 AM.

There is no reason to be afraid of sharing pictures as you can easily block out your face. And depending upon your wig and make-up skills, you are probably unrecognizable anyway. As for going out then just arrange a safe situation and do it. You only live once so don't let your fears stop you. Once you realize like every other CD that nobody cares what you wear then you can slowly build up your adventures. Do you really want to be an old man and regret never going out?

Quote Originally Posted by MissBobbi View Post
    . But I can't go outside in guy mode wearing pantyhose or someother mix of male and female clothing; I doubt that will ever be accepted in society. I just wish I could wear what I want whether it be male or female clothing...
    Only way to make it happen is to do it. I've been doing that for over a year now, and I have frequently gone outside in guy mode wearing pantyhose or other some type of mix. It is interesting though that you chose a name like "Miss Bobbi" when you say you don't want to be a woman and just want to be a guy in certain items of womens clothing.
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

Satrana, I've been asking myself a lot lately when I'm going to start living and doing stuff I want to do but am afraid to do. To me crossdressing at home was already a large step, so maybe I just need some more time.

As far as sharing photos that just feels like another line I shouldn't cross. Grrr... I wish I didn't think so much about these things and just enjoy it! Btw I'd be so embarressed if someone else saw them (even if they couldn't see it was me)...though I would love to show others here what I look like.

JiveTurkey, at the moment I just like to be a guy in women's clothing, sometimes I like to put on all the clothes including bra and breast forms and see how sexy and feminine I can look. I hate wearing a wig though, it itches too much!
    Last edited by MissBobbi; 11-11-2010 at 03:12 PM.

Sejd
    When I put on a skirt, a bra, blouse, make up and do my hair It makes me so happy that I want to embrace the whole world. In short - do what makes you happy if you don't hurt the ones you love. Choose your battles, be happy :0)

I have a collection of tights and panties that i rarely wear, I always paint my toenails. Im lucky to have a sister who understood my CD, she lets me keep her old shoes and sometimes her old knickers.

I think we all experience crossdressing overload, and tend to wonder, "Why am I doing this?" However, it (the pink cloud) comes back stronger than before. I still love crossdressing. I havent dressed in over 2 years, but I still feel the same feeling i felt when I wore my first female article of clothing. I hope you get your groove back soon!! Good luck!