Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post or no post a photo or maybe a psuedo(avatar) image

Post or no post a photo or maybe a psuedo(avatar) image

Another newbie question.

Looks like I can now post a profile. I humbly admit I am somewhat well known and most definitely in the closet with, maybe not catastrophic, definite problems if identified. Do any members here post a pic with a mask over the face? I do have some nice frilly flapper type halloween masks which cover most of my face but show my lipsticked lips and lower face. Perhaps some longer term members would be nice enough to give me a heads up(display-ha). Sure hope I am not coming off as some flake here. thank you

You could blur your face out with photoshop or something...or even hide your face with your wig. Personally...I've taken a picture from the back

Leliani,

Thanks...very good idea. Nice to meet you.

I think your mask idea sounds like an answer to your problem. I'd try that if I were you, if you get results that you like, go with it.

And welcome!

Carol
    My name is Carol.

I used to be concerned about being identified until I realized the ppl I know or work for/with are crazier than me. Then I thought s'more and realized nobody much cares about anything all that much, anyways. But even if there was negative impact..would it REALLY matter? I doubt it. The headlong rush of life is so fast & furious nowadays nothing impresses for long is soon forgotten or accepted with a yawn. Today's outrage becomes tomorrows norm.

just post picture from the neck down until you feel more comfortable

First off. You don't have to post pics nor an avatar if you do not want. I truly understand your concerns. I have no avatar pic of myself and am happy with that. I do occasionally post a few pics, which show my face, in threads of interest to me. I have seen a lot of headless avatar pics which work great for some people. If you want to post an avatar pic, how about one where you really can't see much detail of the face because it is not a close-up view. Anyway you decide is fine with me and most others here. By the way, welcome to the forum and enjoy your stay.

I own my own business and I use to be concerned about that. Now I use a photo of me without any camo. None of my clients are on here unless they are TG.
    Michelle

When I first joined this forum, I felt that there was some subtle and some not so subtle pressure from the veterans to get people to post pictures of themselves in their avatar. Fortunately, I don't sense that same level of pressure anymore. I went for a long time before I posted a picture. Partly because I never had a picture that I wanted to share. I can fully understand not wanting to post up a picture of yourself on this site. Only do what you feel comfortable doing.
    Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right.

Thank you Carol, I just may do that. Very attractive you are.

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    I have heard so many times from so many different people the phrase, "I would never recognize you" or "You look so different!" that I threw caution to the wind and let my picture show the real me. The important thing is to realize that there are no rules when it comes to that. You do what feels comfortable to you, not to someone else.

Kathi

Thx, you are soooooo correct mentioning what a crazy world this is. Also, so happy to have found this site.

Thank you Chiana. Glad you posted a pic. you look great.

Kathi. Your comment seems just right. Thank you

Thx Allie, Yes, Life is Grand. The trick is to work hard to maintain that wonderful attitude.

Thank you Joanna Marie This might be the best idea at least in the short term.
    Last edited by Nigella; 11-10-2010 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Merged 5 consecutive posts

I agree with Kathi.
    When I look in the mirror as Suzy even I don’t recognize me!

SUZY

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    When I first joined, I never posted anything above the knee, later I moved on to headless shots, but since my face has appeared in national tabloid papers, I don't see any point in hiding it.

All this to say, that you should find what you are comfortable with (anywhere from no pic to full pic and points in between) and go with that.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

I felt the same way too... thousands of photos and movies ago..... It really doesn't matter what avatar you post as long as you ready and willing to jump into the fray! lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    When I first joined it took me time to gain the confidence to post anything, as others have stated I started out being a headless CD until I gained the confidence to post blurry hard to see facial avatars.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

It took me a good while to finally post any pictures. That was several years ago. Since then, I have posted dozens and nothing has ever happened to me except for the nice compliments that people send.

To post a picture or not is a personal choice. Never let anyone push you into doing something that truly leaves you uncomfortable.

Babette
    Someone else's imagination is a terrible thing to waste.

I am very well know in my community, yet have an avitar photo posted and have posted pictures of my self on this site many times. It is safe here, but do not post on Face Book or the like if you want to remain safe.

I agree with the others who have spoken before me.

Remember that almost every one here has a common interest, and who knows, perhaps one of your friends is in the same situation as you, and seeing your picture will help them to become more involved in the community.
    Inside every good man, there is a good woman.

Just be a little creative. It can be you, just artisticly done. Here is one photoshop'd in colored pencil.
    Or you can just pick a characture pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Stephanie Miller; 11-11-2010 at 07:26 PM.

I would have to ask. If someone you know recognizes you on this site, why are they on here and what where they looking for?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Don't wear a mask, cct!

From personal experience, I can tell u they're NOT well received here!
    I can't recommend headless or, "blurred face" pics either.

Many of the girls that r proud of their figures, take side, or rear view pics. Or, if u like your legs, etc., take a pic of the part u like and post it!
    ( NO! NOT THAT PART!)
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

My first avatar pics were with a female mask. I had a goatee and had to wait for my wife to be OK with me shaving. I agree that even if someone recognizes me, there is some other reason for them to be here besides outing me.

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    If you are worried about being recognized, then post a picture of your elbow, make sure that its a gender specific photo
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Quote Originally Posted by crystalann View Post
    I would have to ask. If someone you know recognizes you on this site, why are they on here and what where they looking for?
    The Internet is far reaching. You might be surprised. Do a search on "crystalann" and see what comes up.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda