Thread: Dressing and Forms, is this a step beyond a CD

Dressing and Forms, is this a step beyond a CD

So I was thinking of ordering some relatively inexpensive breast forms to aid in filling out my bra and thought, does this make me more than a CD? I specifically mean, if I put on Women's clothes I'm a CD. If I add to that, with say a Wig, Pads or Breast Enhancements, does this mean I'm trying to be a Woman as in TG or something else?

I only ask because I get the feeling when I take these leaps (dress, then heels, then wig, then enhancements) that I'm taking a bigger step into something other than simple cross dressing.

Would all the above be just considered normal levels of cross dressing?

All the best,

Liz

There is no "normal" crossdresser... Matter of fact I was thinking of changin my name to Abby Normal..... Everyone has their likes and dislikes (don't get me started on that)..... and has their limits.... You will find yours. Getting forms is like buying a padded bra.... with lots of padding, imho
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

AS usual Karren you nailed it perfectly

Cissy

I do not believe that that simply adding Wig, Pads, Breast Forms and Make-Up, by themselves, makes u more than a crossdresser. Personally, I do all of the above to complete my look as a woman while dressed.

Personally, I enjoy both my male and female personas so transitioning would not be for me. If one is unhappy in a male role and would like to live as a woman, with all the physical attributes 24/7 that would be a different story.

Silver Member
    IMO, there are no "normal crossdressing levels"! You always have to be comfortable and confident in however you dress, no matter where you are on the gender scale! Adding items to enhance your presentation are merely illusions and deceptions. Turn your question around - do you feel that GGs who wear "boyfriend" clothes or present a more masculine image are "crossdressers"? There is so much more involved in understanding and enjoying our feminine side than just panties, padding, lipstick, heels, and a dress! Go for whatever you need to be comfortable as "Liz" - and enjoy!

Deep in the Heart of Texas..okay..DFW area
    Given that I agree with what Karren is saying, I also understand what Liz's delima may be. In the end, Liz, you are the one who will 'define' where you are at in a point of your life. "I'm a CD, I'm a TG, I'm a Girl" You will be defined by others, but its really up to you.

An example of what some confusion can be is really based on what others say about a person, I'll give a mother's reaction to her 18yr old son:

1. Son walks in wearing mommy's heels: 'Tommy stop being silly and put my shoes away'

2. Tommy now wears heels and stockings and a dress, no other articles. Mom: 'oh my gosh, Tommy are you a crossdresser? Do you like wearing women's clothes?'

3. Tommy adds makeup, wig, and goes by Tammy, Mom: 'Tommy, uhhh..Tammy do you want to be a girl?'

Mom has made her opinion of the stages seen, but Tommy just sees himself as dressing to let his inner self out from time to time. Or is she (Tammy)????

So yes, Karren hit it on the nail...

Hugs,
    Marissa
    Marissa

"You better look hard and look twice,
    ...is that me, baby or just a brilliant disguise?"- The Boss

Quote Originally Posted by liz.thomas View Post
    So I was thinking of ordering some relatively inexpensive breast forms to aid in filling out my bra and thought, does this make me more than a CD? I specifically mean, if I put on Women's clothes I'm a CD. If I add to that, with say a Wig, Pads or Breast Enhancements, does this mean I'm trying to be a Woman as in TG or something else?

I only ask because I get the feeling when I take these leaps (dress, then heels, then wig, then enhancements) that I'm taking a bigger step into something other than simple cross dressing.

Would all the above be just considered normal levels of cross dressing?

All the best,

Liz
    It's already been said, there is no such thing as a "normal crossdresser". I often wear a bra and forms and just one of my t shirts. It's the bra and boobs that I enjoy. Today, I'm wearing the bra and boobs with a blouse.

Look on this forum and you find people in a range from wearing panties to living full time as females. Do what makes you happy as long as it doesn't hurt other people.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Platinum Member
    As others have commented, I first thought hat adding forms represents a difference in degree. But on futher reflection, it may reflect an understandable desire to present more convincingly to oneself and others...that could be viewed as a greater acceptance and commitment to dressing. Many of us expereince a progression from wearing a few underthings to dressing fully en-femme.

the happy camper
    Quote Originally Posted by liz.thomas View Post
    If I add to that, with say a Wig, Pads or Breast Enhancements, does this mean I'm trying to be a Woman as in TG or something else?
    Getting breast forms doesn't have to mean anything more than that you want to improve your crossdressing experience. Whether you're on a path that's going to take you farther than that depends on what's between your ears, not what's on your chest.

When you start growing your own, though, you've definitely crossed over that invisible dividing line.

I definitely feel like the initial premise of this thread is what defines my style of dressing. For me, I like wearing women's clothes, but I don't really feel comfortable doing stuff to disguise my identity or pretend to be someone else, which is how I feel when I wear breast forms and wigs and other body shapers. I'm not trying to be a woman, I'm trying to be a man in women's clothes.

I mostly think of this when it comes to body shapers, as long hair is just as natural a thing for guys to do as it is for women. My dislike of wigs has a lot more to do with how uncomfortable and annoying they are.
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

I've had long hair my whole life. So wigs arent an issue. But I love the feel of a bra. I like how my nipples feel on the lace. When its padded I can squeeze them and feel it. Feeling feminine feels good. But I've always liked sensation there. It you like the way its feels, do it. As long as it wont ruin your world/life

Actually, the constant asking of 'what does this mean' is more indicative of being female than anything else! Women like to over analyze behavior to death. When I was younger and worked with a lot of single women, the discussions were frequently about how to interpret men's behavior rather than just ask him. Nothing was ever taken at face value without a 'What do you think it means when he _____?' chat. Everything had a hidden meaning to them.
    Now to answer your question, there are no 'normal' levels of crossdressing. Some are quite content with just wearing panties under their guy clothes, others aren't comfortable until every single piece of attire is distinctly female and they're wearing a full compliment of make up and jewelry.
    Don't worry, be happy. That's all. Besides, women wear falsies, hip/butt padding too. Perhaps you're just trying to get the most 'female' type experience that you can. Join the crowd; and it's a very big crowd!
    Now, if you go to the point that you're considering having SRS and breast implants, then I would say you were going beyond crossdressing.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I think it is all the same. mary

Karen, all,

Thanks so much for the replies...it definitely helps make me feel better about my choice.

I'm going to reply to Lexi's post as well (see it for more)...I had a thought on this.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    Actually, the constant asking of 'what does this mean' is more indicative of being female than anything else! Women like to over analyze behavior to death. When I was younger and worked with a lot of single women, the discussions were frequently about how to interpret men's behavior rather than just ask him.
    Thanks Lexi,

This in essence is why I posed the question. See, my Wife knows I dress, but not to what degree. So if she found the dress, heels, hose etc that would be one thing....but if she found panties, a bra and breast forms wow I'd hate to think of her reaction. She understands why I dress, but deep down she not a fan of me doing it.

So the "degree" pertains to what my Wife might react with as a result if this makes sense.

Thanks again.

Liz

I gave quite a bit of thought to your comments. Allow me to ask one question. In your mind's eye what do you look like? If the immage in your minds eye demands breast forms, corsets, push up bras, seamed stockings, garter belts, stiletto heels, wigs, certain makeup, pearls, and rhinestones then that's what will be in your possession. It's easy to say but stop over analyzing it, just satisfy the vision in your mind's eye.

Good luck with it I know you'll find your way

I would be checking prices in Bangkok tomorrow! Obviously, your interest in Breastforms means that your well on The Way to Sex Reassignment Surgery! Seriously, it's indicative of NOTHING, except that you wanted to look like your boobs were realistic. Each of us is different, and you can call yourself what you please.

But, here's an even better idea. How about we do away with ANY labels in The T-Community? Everyone will just write down, "This is what I think, feel, and opine. It will have nothing to do with anyone else's thoughts, feelings, opinions, sex or gender status.....It's 100% Me!" That would be a wondrous change.

If your dealing with what your Wife will make out of yourself having breastforms, who knows? It will be Her Opinion only. Your best strategy might be to become enigmatic!

Peace and Love, Joanie
    Last edited by sterling12; 11-11-2010 at 07:30 PM.

Everybody is different. I see myself in my minds eye as a man obviously. But some of us do this for just for fun. I think as long as medical stuff (herbal pills,Rx pills, surgery, injections) isn't involved, its just playing dress up

Banned Read only
    Buy the forms (hopefully a C or D) in silicone with protruding nipple and arelia and wear them, you'll love them and never go back. Want to look more feminine in your clothes then go to Fredericks Of Hollywood and buy a 2 or 4 pad girdle/shaper for about $25.00. In a skirt, pants or shorts it will give you a very shapely, feminine bottom and help to accent a smaller waist. Spend the money, around 250.00 for the breast forms described above, you'll love the weight, softness and what they do for a bra and you. Under a sweater or thin blouse the nipple and sometimes the outline of the arella can be seen thru the blouse. OOOOh so sexy. I wear mine with a thin (material) bra cup or a thin lace bra. Using the shaper and forms and you have really closed the gap on passing from the neck down.
    Last edited by deebra; 11-12-2010 at 09:18 AM.

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    Try not to let the labels define you. Do that for yourself, anyway that fits. There is not a particular "set" of things that makes someone a CD vs TS.
    There is a road—no simple highway—between the dawn and the dark of night.
    And if you go no one may follow. That path is for your steps alone.

Hello Liz

I'm inclined to suggest you get some information about crossdressing together and have a talk with your wife before doing anything. Throwing caution to the wind in your situation often causes a lot of hard feelings. If you allow your wife to find evidence of your activities on her own, she may feel as though you've hidden a big part of yourself from her. This is not a good thing, and it may indicate there is a trust issue between the two of you.

There is a very good sticky at the top of this section by Marla GG entitled "How to Tell Your Partner. It bears reading for those in your situation, and provides advice to make a revelation like this easier on both parties. That doesn't mean it won't be difficult, but it does allow both sides a chance to keep their dignity.

There is a sticky in the Loved Ones section about the effects of keeping something big like crossdressing from your partner.

Good luck.

Well, I think I am a normal crossdresser. Its just that most others think I am abnormal. I like to dress in female attire but I go further because for me I have to have clean skin, I need to apply make-up, I must have my hair just nice, I have to have the right accessories and like has been said : just a lil extra padding where needed and perfume too. That is just me being me

As I think back...

When I first got a wig, I was scared to touch it. Both myself and my wife thought it was weird to touch a wad of fake hair...eww factor.

Then I got forms and at first it was odd to hold them... too realistic and a little strange... felt like a serious change, but at the same time it was really just an easy way to appear more authentic. Still, I'm a little embarrased to show them to anyone else. They remind me of raw poultry.

Does it make you a TS...I doubt it. Maybe it moves you out of the beginner CD category though.
    Chickie

This is a good question, and I've enjoyed the different viewpoints expressed by people who define themselves differently.

I consider myself firmly on the CD side of the CD/TG fence. I have no desire to be female and only do makeup when going out in public (and pretty much so I can 'blend in'). To put it another way, if it was acceptable for men to wear these clothes, I don't think I'd ever bother with makeup again.

BUT... On the other hand there is an anomaly here which I have yet to figure out.

Though I could be completely dressed without them, I LIKE bras and breast forms. I see them as definitely on the 'Trying to look like a woman' side of the CD/TG line. In other words, they are more TG than CD in my opinion.

What I haven't figured out for myself (not that the question bothers me too much) is if the bras/forms is part of the crossdressing... or is it a step into something more resembling transgenderism, ie actually trying to change the shape of my body to be more female?

Like I said, it doesn't bother me enough to worry about, but it is a curious thing about this 'hobby' that still confuses me sometimes, and I think that after all these years I'd have figured things out a bit more!
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein