Thread: Career, Family, and Crossdressing

Career, Family, and Crossdressing

Does anyone else find it difficult to juggle these three life areas? There's only so many hours in the day/week etc. I always seem to have to trade time in one area to pursue another area. Usually, dressing is bottom of the list....or I have to "arrange" to set time aside to dress.

Gets to be frustrating. I've actually had to take vacation days off work when I knew no one would be home to dress for a while.

Any thoughts?
    Crysten

"Addicted to Victoria's Secret".

Platinum Member
    certainly. when we had kids at home, it was difficult to find time to dress; and of course, when I worked out of the home, I had to resort to underdressing. I suspect that is one reason that you'll find so many more mature CDers on this site - we've all had to juggle for a long time and only fully can be ourselves after we've achieved a greater degree of independence in our lives.

It's all about priorities and balance. Family must come first, income to support said family must come second, and ALL hobbies must come last. That being said, MAKING time to be yourself is important - this is the balance part. Failure to do so will result in stress that can have negative impacts on priorities one and two.
    Mina Lost aka Lynda

Mina, You are exactly right! Family first, income second, and hobbies third. I am a closeted crossdresser whose wife has no idea. I am getting the need to dress so much that I am thinking about switching careers that would require overnight travel frequently so I could dress in my hotel room.

I know this sounds extreme but I only get to dress one night a year and I am about to burst.

Juggling family, finances, and crossdressing is torture but learning to balance the three out would definetely help relieve some stress.

Huggs,

Kelli Ann

Its like everything else in life... You can't do everything you want so you have to prioritize, make choices, prioritize and do some good planning... Its like the old saying... "Good, fast, cheap... Pick two... ". if you want a carrier and a family, kiss crossdressing good by.. Else embrace crossdressing and kiss one or both of the others goodbye. Personally, Family is first, job is second since it impacts family and if I have any time left over... I can claim it as my own and either go play ice hockey of go crossdress.. Most times I choose to play ice hockey..

So stop whining, set your priorities and move on with your life...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Such assertivness Karren! I like...

I bet it's pretty normal for us girls to feel like we don't have enough girly time... CD time is recreational time (generally speaking) and who get's enough of that? Not me... family and career must come first... they're up there with breathing. You squeeze in CD time when you can... otherwise you pay a major price somewhere.

I love ice cream but I can't eat it everyday though, the price is too high.

I dress-up almost everyday in the early morn for an hour or so whilst at my desk (home office) I'm lucky that way. I guess I do have a little "ice cream" everyday. However I rarely get makeup and hair time- that requires special planning, every couple of months or so... [sigh]
    Last edited by Ria; 11-10-2010 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ria View Post
    Such assertivness Karren! I like...

I love ice cream but I can't eat it everyday though, the price is too high.
    Omg... I sound just like my mother! Ekkkkkkkk

And I was doing great on my diet but now I'm lusting for ice cream! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Hi.

Dressed every day , retired builder still doing work for our Kaylyn fixing up her home , food shoping , on here ,i do get some sleep. mow the lawns , cut fire wood , & go to get togethers with our groups , the next 3 weeks full on . have Dejarn this week end take her swimning on sat,

do photography at the get to gethers,do sewing making my clothes for two of our groups . apart from washing clothes vacuming & just walking down the road talking with my friends who are women most says , and have a natter with two guys at our shoping centers .

all in all not much really .just a normal week ,& then the few weeks with not a lot on .

...noeleena...

yes it is and it reslly stinks because I would love to dress every day

Yes it's not like most hobbies,we have to take into account the feelings of our families.After the last 24yrs of bringing a family up,my youngest is now 18,i managed to dress fully, makeup etc and spend a few hours dressed maybe 3 or 4 times a year.Now i manage to fulfill my needs once a week which i am over the moon with.
    No complaints from me as i am now really enjoying my hobby now and i'm so happy.

Nikki

maybe this is why so many of us dress to sleep

I've never have doubts about it. My priorities are clear. If anything has to be neglected is my CDing. I had good times and bad times. Even times when I was able to dress and work (working at home, no kids around).
    With the kids it became more difficult but I had some time alone or with my wife and no kids once in a while.
    Lately it's been impossible. Too much work, too much family problems, a move in the middle and the kids have grown and have lives of their own going in and out at any hour. My only chance to wear anything at all is panties under my male attire. I'm not complaining, that's the way it is.