Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's worth more: $160 or staying in the closet?

Spend the $160. It will be worth twice that much in piece of mind knowing your stash is "safe". Make sure you discard all items with strong odor (perfume/cosmetics etc. the shelf life will expire in storage anyway.) Do not store any "liquids". Wrap each item separately in a sealed plastic bag, removing all air prior to sealing. Then put all sealed items into another larger sealable plastic bag, removing the air prior to sealing. Do not leave any personally identifiable information in the the contents of the storage container. The container should be hard-sided and not contain any glass, or any item that could arouse suspicion if the case is dropped or shaken. Pay for the entire storage time, in advance, in cash. Use your initials for your first name. Do not list a forwarding address. Make the sides of the storage container at least 4" less than the compartment it will be stored in. Do not store anything inside that is not in the original container with the ingredients marked clearly on the box. (like baking soda, etc)

Use a commercial padlock, never a luggage key of any kind.

Just a thought...lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks eluuzion for your thoughts, although some of your ideas are not valid in New Zealand - too many people have tried to grow marijuana or set up a P lab (P is a ubiquitous New Zealand term for methamphetamine) in self-storage units, so procedures are different.

Just remind me not to repack at 11:30pm at night - your transphobic next-door neighbour will call the dorm manager. But then I think she is trying to bluff me into thinking she is 19 - I found an old advertisement from 1990 in which a girl looking freakishly like her appears at one point in it. (right side, 1:35 in, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDoMoRRQgSQ). I actually have to go on this ferry service to get to my parent's (although the ships look a bid different these days)!
    Jeremy Corbett: "News this week - the wedding of the century. We all knew it was just a matter of time, and finally, the day is here."
    [Paul Ego and Dai Henwood walk out dressed as bride and groom respectively]
    Paul Ego: "I'm only doing this because I'm pregnant."

Two of my loves combined: New Zealand current affairs comedy game show 7 Days, and crossdressing.

K's 2cents worth:
    1) Sell your clothes or give them to another CD or to goodwill
    2) Spend the time as male.
    3) This will give you some time to think and focus w/o the distraction
    4) You'll be able to save, and plan your next wardrobe.

Giving is good for the soul, and it's a good segue into a break. I think breaks help us cut away the chaff and deeper into the core of what each of us want's out of this lifestyle. Too much indulgence can cloud our vision and judgment.
    --Kathleen

I have had to have massive 'cleanouts' many times in the past and I have regretted it most times. It can be more difficult for me, having a clean freak girl friend who must have every area of the house spotless (including my hiding places).
    Defently just bite the bullet and pay for storage. I wish I was in more of a position to help you out. As it seems I live jsut down the road from you.
    All the best anyhow

I put all my stuff into storage this afternoon - Alyssa has gone physically for 3.5 months, but she still is here mentally. Now I just have to remember to clear my browser history and press Ctrl-Shift-P when logging into this website so my brothers don't find out.

Although the Pirihimana found out about my CDing - don't ask.
    Jeremy Corbett: "News this week - the wedding of the century. We all knew it was just a matter of time, and finally, the day is here."

Two of my loves combined: New Zealand current affairs comedy game show 7 Days, and crossdressing.

I put all my stuff into storage this afternoon - Alyssa has gone physically for 3.5 months, but she still is here mentally. Now I just have to remember to clear my browser history and press Ctrl-Shift-P when logging into this website so my brothers don't find out.

Although the Pirihimana found out about my CDing - don't ask.