Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: To Kilt or not to Kilt

You could wear nylons as well as strap on a dive knife..No one is going to mess!! Personalize the bling!! Just enjoy yourself!!

Am I the only one that gets a bit miffed at the idea that a scotts is the most manly man. First off, what is it that makes them "manly" and what makes them more "manly" than any other male group. I know Scottsmen can be quite strong and "manly" and did well in the old days before machines, but now a days?
    I don't know, I just balk when I hear such general terms.

On a different note, I would most definitely wear flesh or even dark hose under my kilt, perhaps with the kilt socks. You see, the kilt styles that we have now are based off of and have varied from the original kilt style. It would be the equivelant of women wearing the same dresses of the period. Integrating modern clothing items such as hosiery and perhaps other styles would modernize the look. As far as the regimental thing, and people poking fun at it. I think boys in schools should be required to wear a skirted garment at least once a week, that way they get a feeling for what it is like to have their skirts flipped up by the girls. LOL.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pythos View Post
    Am I the only one that gets a bit miffed at the idea that a scotts is the most manly man. First off, what is it that makes them "manly" and what makes them more "manly" than any other male group. I know Scottsmen can be quite strong and "manly" and did well in the old days before machines, but now a days?
    I don't know, I just balk when I hear such general terms.
    Hi Pythos,don't want to fall out,but I don't remember us Scots ever declaring we were manlier than any other nations,We are though a Warrior Nation,and have had to,like a fair maiden resist unwanted advances,from vikings,romans and english football hooligans!! throughout our Nations History.Even now our soldiers are fighting the same wars alongside comrades of the US Armed Forces.

A Scotsman will never claim to be better than anyone else,we stand with others indeed wasn't some of your countrys founding fathers of Scottish descent,just wanted to put my point across to defend my countrymen and Women.The only part of your post that didn't sit right was your assertion that We "did well in the old days before machines"Sorry but I thought that was rather condescending,We were also,and remain so in the 21st century A Nation of Inventors,Explorers who were at the forefront of a lot of the things we take for granted today,I better give it a rest before I bore the whole of this site,just thought needed to say my piece.

Like I said I dont want to fall out,because I find your postings really well thought out and thought provoking,and I did love your idea to make Boy Students at School be made wear a skirted garment at least once a week to be a very good one

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

I would wear the kilt and for fun tie a pair of tennis balls covered in fur to the jocks as a surprise for those who want to put the hand up the kilt. Then you can say " Yep they are a hangin low tonight and are a swinging in the breeze" got to keep the scottish blood cool.

aye go ahead and wear the kilt nobody will care
    i got married in a kilt everybody loved it