Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you a shy cd'er?

Are you a shy cd'er?

Is it hard for you to go out in public dressed en femme?

Do most cd'ers stay closeted and never go out dressed in public?

I am very shy and feel very intimidated and could never see my self going out in public dressed up.

Emmi

At this point in my life, neither could I. However, sometimes I get the attitude "to Hell with what everyone else thinks!" But not often, or for very long.

I dont go out in public often at all.. however halloween is coming then anything goes.. LOL

I cant tell you what most cders do.. I think its just a personal decision ..
    If I had to guess I would say its 50/50 but that just pure speculation..

I've been out completely en femme twice now. The first time, I was alone on a long stretch of beach early in the morning, no one around. That morning, I would have gone out of my way to avoid any contact with anyone.

The second time was a few weeks ago to a TG meeting in San Francisco. This was the very first time anyone, aside from my wife, has seen me fully dressed. I went to the meeting with a girl I had corresponded with for only about a week. We drove into the city together and from the moment I met her, I felt completely at ease. Driving 1 hour into the city, walking three blocks in broad daylight through the city and through the hotel lobby to the restaurant, sitting and chatting with the dozen or so girls for a couple hours. Through all of it, I rarely felt self concious. Having someone at my side so encouraging and supportive certainly made all the difference.

It really all depends on circumstance. I still won't go out alone in a crowded area... I'd probably panic. If I go out with someone I could trust, however, I'm sure I'd be fine.
    Last edited by Sigrid; 09-11-2005 at 06:18 PM.

I'll take the pink one.
    "Just be honest, be faithful and have fun" ~ my wife

I have been out a few times and will never stop now. I don't fit in the shy category at all

Action crossdresser Marlena Dahlstrom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emmicd
    The first time was a mix of exhiliration and terror. Now it's just going out (albeit with some extra complications in getting in and out of the house).

I suspect many do. Unfortunately. I realize not everyone wants to go out, but there's a lot of people dressed up with no place to go.

I am very shy and feel very intimidated and could never see my self going out in public dressed up.
    I hope you can bring yourself to do so sometime. Once you realize the terrors are in your own mind (this may take a couple outings), you can relax and have fun. Getting read happens and you learn the sky doesn't fall in. Usually it's just a stare held too long. Smile back sweetly (with an "I know that you know" smile) and they move on.

Often it's easier to go out your first couple times with someone else. As a group of t-girls, it's pretty much guaranteed you'll be read, but you can always tell yourself they're looking at one of the other girls. But with a group, even jerks are reluctant to make a scene.
    Lena

A dream? What is a dream, but a blueprint for courageous action.

http://www.adahlshouse.com

[size=4]Hi Emmi,[/size]
    [size=4]Up until the beginning of this year I had never been out en femme, unless you count a hundred yard dash around the block when it's pitch black outside. Now I can handle it outside - I just say to myself "Toni you're doing nothing wrong" and off I go. Where I feel shy is when I am in company. If there are two or three of us then I can be th life and soul, but if there are a lot (Say upwards of 10) then I seem to retract into a shell and though I try hard I just don't seem to come out of it.[/size]

Emmi
    [SIZE=4]I've been going out for over a year, only serious about dressing again for two. I was shy at first but the more I went out the more comfortable I got. Now, when I leave where ever i'm dressing, I don't get butterflies, just feel good. The last outting in Evansville, as I was taking a walk, I really couldnt tell if I was dressed or not, emotionally!! I now get out a couple times a month and go shopping enfem! And I know I get read but I have the right to wear what I want, when I want, and where I want!! Just don't tell my wife, hehehe..

All I can say is, try it. Get in the car, go buy gas at a self service punp or go to a park and take a walk. Will be the most exhilirating experience of you life!!!

Luv Karren
    [/SIZE]
    Last edited by Karren H; 10-31-2006 at 12:44 PM.

I've not...

...been out yet as it is difficult for me, due to my parents rejectance of my CD'ng i have to stay home and dress I cannot go out as I have noware to change into Michelle. But I soo want to go out and not being able to is killing me inside.

Hugs
    Michelle xxx

Tristen Cox
    Are you a shy cd'er?

Not shy just cautious, and realistic in my needs. Being me is what's important, I never relied on anyone for that and never will.

Platinum Member
    i have been out and always on my own... and most of my cding is on my own ....a although you might not belive it i am shy ..... well maybe i am not shy... but i am getting real comfy in who i am ... who ever that is............

And this little crossdresser stay home. ALWAYS!

Kisses, April
    no matter how much love we have, we can not feel it if we are not happy inside

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy ****, what a ride!",author unknown

Women to me are gods greatest forms of beauty and art in motion.

'its great to here sigrid' Ive been out a few times dressed and it feels hot, but the big but "not that ive got one". When im walking around dressed i would be happy as the rush and everythink then my dumb brain takes all the fun out of it by telling me that im not fooling anybody you dick whats the point.

Think its called a guilt trip so i hurry of home. But what you said about going out with someone who's on the same trip sounds great' i tryed to hook up with gm girls around here but its weid because my brain tells me i have nothing to where so why bother which brings me back to being stuck at home.

Anyway Sigrid i'll give it another go I'll ring my local tg group seahorse and see if one will hold my hand.
    Sally

Once upon a time Steph was the shyest girl in all the world but she wanted this so badly that she had to overcome what then seemed insurmountable problems but she persevered and overcame them one at a time to make this all happen for herself and from where i'm standing right now anyone of us can acheive whatever we want to be and how far we want to go wether it is going out or quite happily staying in, Steph has come a long way to get this far and there's no way she is going back in the box, as a footnote can i just add that no matter how many times Steph goes out she is always cautious and streetwise even when out with friends so lets be careful out there girls

Steph
    [size=3]Le Bleu Angel[/size]

Absolutely. But I have always been shy. I did talk to my Wife last night about the possibility of entering a contest someday but I'm not so sure I could go through with it because of shyness.
    -Jill

"Just keep swimming, just keep swimming." -Dori

...well I thought i would be shy meeting someone in person ...but i found myself quite the opposite ...love too chat a lot lol

Quote Originally Posted by michelle moxon
    ...been out yet as it is difficult for me, due to my parents rejectance of my CD'ng i have to stay home and dress I cannot go out as I have noware to change into Michelle. But I soo want to go out and not being able to is killing me inside.

Hugs
    Michelle xxx
    Michelle,

This isnt for everyone, but it works for me - I have changed into Karren in a Family restroom (M or F) at a local interstate rest area!!! Go in M, come out F!! Takes me about 20 minutes. May not be the best place to go out the first time! Depending on the time of day, could be lots of people and truckers!

Karren

Karren !! I know what you mean by it gets more comfortable everytime ...I get this feeling of "who cares" .. this is the way I am ..this is the way I dress ...and when out.. just park the darn car open the door and walk away ..at first it was ..look look see if neone is watchin ..but you know i find no one really pays attention..... sooooo off i go for a stroll in the park and a sit on the bench...no cares no worries ..just be natural and non chalent ..i find works for me
    this mornin i have been sittin out back havin coffee ....ppl in yard next door ... they looked once never again ...hmmmmmm might think that guy next door dresses but i dont think soooooo or hes got a new g/f lol Uh oh Kew hehe
    Last edited by Sherlyn; 09-11-2005 at 10:29 AM.

Aspiring Member
    Hello Emmi Always carefull and aware of what is happening around me when out.
    People seem to form the opinion that I am quite shy and a little nervous, but once they get to know me they kinda change their minds

Earlier today I was in a shop looking for something to wear for an interveiw type thing I have next week, anyway I've bought a new dress, very rare I wear dresses usually skirt and top. Anyway whilst in the shop I could see this guy keep looking at me (kinda a disgusted look), big fat skinhead type he was.
    I was looking around and all the time I could sense he was looking, he said something to his wife/girlfriend and they had a little giggle together.
    I thought f*** em and ignored them, I carried on looking found a dress I liked, tried it on, paid for it, left the shop and drove home.

So do I find it hard to go into the outside world?............yes I do. The type of thing above is something that happens now and again but I have to be myself and I'm not going to stop because of other people.

love mand xxx

Took me 50 years to walk out the door

I promised myself last year for my 50th birthday that i couldn't stay inside anymore. I have been out 3 or 4 times usually when I travel to Chicago. The only issue now is that I have finally gone out, it is not important to me to dress if I can't go out. Guess this is my new phase.

tiff

the gender bender

As for myself ...

...at 17 years old , I was unable to stay in the closet .
    I simply had this urge to show off , in public .
    It gave a meaning for my crossdressing .
    And I've been doing it for over thirthy years .

I am in no way qualified to give any advice ,
    but I think you should go about it , gradually ,
    at your own pace . Go for 15/20 min. outings at first ,
    late , then when you acquire some assurance ,
    you go for longer excursions , earlyer in the day .

As time go by , you will get used to it .
    Last edited by CJFMix; 09-11-2005 at 04:10 PM.

shy

Emmi:

I have never been out en femme since I just started but would love to. Someday I will.

gennee
    I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

I get out and about a lot. When I first started doing it I found that it makes a huge difference if you are with another CD. Yes, you are more likely to be "read" in the company of another, but it is a big confidence booster to have a friend right there with you. Getting out on little drives, walks around the neighborhood, etc. are good starters, but an even better one is to join a support group and meet and go out with your sisters. Once you are out of the closet you will never want to be stuck in there again.
    Phoebe

I haven't been out in public, but I have gone out to secluded places and changed into Alyson. Usually very late at night and usually somewhere I can hide easy if I need to. Although there is a pool I like to go to where there is no place to hide if anybody shows up. But, since it's so secluded also, the chances are slim since I go during the first part of the week and not the later when everybody goes out at night
    Never meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste great dipped in chocolate and covered with sprinkles

I'm a RED member

not shy,just not confident when it comes to CD'ing
    Merry

HRT since 2009