Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Strange Comment

I would not make any commet to your co worker at all

However it might be worth thinking about what to say if it comes up again in conversation

Like they may be transsexual or just enjoy dressing up

Make it general enough so as not to out yourself there have been enough programmes on TV around the subject
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Not to be rude and crude about it?

But even a dog knows not to crap where it sleeps!

DON'T JEPORDIZE YOU JOB!

Even if she's cool with it, (and she probally already suspects) it would only take one one or two from her to get some anal retentive SOB up the food chain?

And bidda~boom ~ bidda bang! Your out on the street looking for a job!

Silver Member
    To be fair she sounds just like my SO, she would be fully supportive of either of our kids if they were gay, but for years she used to make such a fuss about men dressing in women's clothing and how she could never understand it and that was before she had the shocker of finding out about me!!

Now she has every opportunity to discuss the why and wherefore of it all and she chooses not to, but hey, we have time yet

If I was you and she is a good friend, I would leave any direct discussions or revelations but keep sneaking a bit of time back to the subject when the time is right, that would be how I do it, it is how I try and do it with my wife, but I have to say it doesn't work or hasn't yet so who am I to give advice!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christina2008 View Post
    I knew you girls would help.

I’m guessing that to her being gay is more mainstream and acceptable and she accepts that. Crossdressing is just too unknown and alien to her. Now that I think about it, is it not a human trait that if we don’t understand something we reject it? (Very generally speaking of course)
    I agree with most of the advice not to out yourself. Your observation reminds me of a story my artist father-in-law told me about an well known exchange between an art critic and a collector. "I know what I like," the collector says. "No," the critic responds, "you like what you know."

Quote Originally Posted by Christina2008 View Post
    I forgot to say the main thing that has annoyed me about all this is I really wanted to stick up for the other CD's in the world (I didn’t like to hear them/us getting verbally abused) I feel I let everyone down including myself.
    General statements of tolerance and support for individual rights and lifestyles will slowly (and I hope surely) bring about a shift in attitudes. Since I am aware of no obligation for you to give up your right to privacy and out yourself, I don't believe you let anyone down.

Liz
    Last edited by Elizabeth Ann; 12-06-2010 at 11:13 AM.

Christina,

1. I was struck by her comment that “it wouldn’t bother me, if that was his choice. . ." Neither bieng gay or being transgendered is a choice. This is something that people so often fail to comprehend.

2. Don't get down on yourself for not sticking up for the TG community. I think all of us have been there, and judging from the responses, very few would make a decision to the contrary.

3. Perhaps a tiny tale, tell her that your conversation peaked your curiosity, so you did a quick google search and found a book for her. Then give her a basic book on the subject, perhaps, "My Husband Wears My Clothes" by Peggy Rudd.

Bobbi

I don't think she knows, or she wouldn't have been so direct and so negative. If she suspected, she might have been more inquiring and less judgmental (implied, I think). You shouldn't come out just to make a point, which you may fail at making. You did what you could - asked her what wrong with it, and didn't seem to get an answer. Sometimes you have to be content with just planting seeds.