Thread: Blindness

Blindness

I was just thinking about this. Not trying to be morbid or anything. If I were suddenly with out sight would I still want to crossdress ? I know a lot of my thrill about dressing has to do with my perception of my self when I am dressed. But I also love the feeling of my shaved leggs and arms an just my mind set . I think I still would how about you

HMMMMM. Interesting question.

Would I still want to sing if I lost my hearing? Yes.

Would I still want to dress as a girl? Definately yes (But then my make up would look really bad if I tried to do it)
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    If I went blind, I would definitely still want to dress, but I would also need help with the make-up.

If I went deaf, it might increase my desire to sing as I wouldn't have to hear myself
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

That's just the thing. I don't care about the make up. I just love the feeling of being fem.

There is a regular here, though I've not seen her posts of late, who is a crossdresser and blind (from birth, as I recall). I don't think being blind would have any effect on the desire to crossdress.

I've been thinking about this too. I definitely would still want to know that my appearance to the world reflected what I felt inside. So that as a social cue others can read into who I am. In addition to being tied to the "feel" of a woman.

Interesting question. On the whole I think yes, I'd still dress. It's not only the look I like it's the feel of the different textures too.
    ColleenW

Semi Sane innocent angel
    Quote Originally Posted by tgirl2b View Post
    I was just thinking about this. Not trying to be morbid or anything. If I were suddenly with out sight would I still want to crossdress ? I know a lot of my thrill about dressing has to do with my perception of my self when I am dressed. But I also love the feeling of my shaved leggs and arms an just my mind set . I think I still would how about you
    I did meat a CD that was legally blind and that did not slow here down one bit.
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.

Without a doubt, yes. The hard part would be having to rely on someone else for shopping, make-up, etc.

My answer will be on the yes side of the chart. If I lost sight, hearing, feeling ability, mobility, income I might consider stopping for a few days!

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I know what you mean. Seeing myself fully dressed in the mirror is a very pleasing sight for me because I see looking back at me what I'm feeling on the inside, plus I like myself better because I think I look younger and prettier which make me even happier ... BUT also ... women's clothes feel nice on one's body, they grip you in different places than men's clothes, especially underwear, and that feeling is a very emasculating (or should that be feminine?) feeling for me that I love very much and so if I was blind, I'd still have that feeling and so I'd still want to dress, but I do also think the amount of pleasure from dressing would diminish ... at least some.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I think if I lost the 'visual' part of dressing (I mean the part of having to look at myself all the time) I would definitley be more aware of my mannerisms and the way I carry myself. Specifically my mind would have to adjust my walk, gestures and the like.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim_Bitzflick View Post
    HMMMMM. Interesting question.

Would I still want to sing if I lost my hearing? Yes.

Would I still want to dress as a girl? Definately yes (But then my make up would look really bad if I tried to do it)
    I know two girls one gg the other ts who are both blind. They both put on thier own makeup and do a better job of it than many of us with sight. I sat in amazement one evening watching one of them do it. Don't ask me how they know what it looks like but they look fabulous when done. They are also very fashionable dressers.

if i were to go blind, would i still want to dress. such a silly question. YES i would still dress, i do not look good nude and i am not a king.
    it would be fun just trying to apply the makeup, not knowing what it looks like.. but yes a skirt and blouse as well as undies would still be part of me.
    but i might not put on to many tall heels. (highly increased danger of snapping a ankle). but some 1 in maybe 2 in styles would be a go.

A really large part of the thrill would be gone, because the visual aspect is so powerful. The physical sensation would still be enough of a reason to keep doing it, though.

But let me add that losing my sight would REALLY suck ass because I'm already hearing-impaired!

The thought of not being able to coordinate colors and accessories would drive me insane... Insaner.... I'd quite.... Maybe take up the piano or develop DareDevil like super powers......
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Yes, very interesting question! Like Karen I would miss the opportunity to coordinate colors and styles...as well as seeing myself in pictures/mirror. However, I can say definitely I would still dress !!!

For mostly it is the FEEL of hair caressing my face and shoulders, the FEEL of a nice swishy dress, the FEEL of garters holding up my stockings and the FEEL of high heels on my feet that keep me coming back to the closet.
    [SIZE="2"]Cassie[/SIZE]

Wearing a garter belt, smooth stockings and a silky thong feels great, but I don’t need to see myself wearing it to enjoy it. (Of course I do love looking at myself in the mirror, a lot, fully dressed of course) But even when I underdress to work it can bring a more femme side of me out into the real world.

I remember their being a blind contestant on the UK TV show Big Brother a few years back who liked to wear woman’s underwear.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassiecd View Post
    For mostly it is the FEEL of hair caressing my face and shoulders, the FEEL of a nice swishy dress, the FEEL of garters holding up my stockings and the FEEL of high heels on my feet that keep me coming back to the closet.
    A shaggy seeing eye dog would be a good substitute for the first one.... and he would keep you from bumping into things..... The others are more difficult to simulate! lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Good question. I may not be happy. I would be frustrated if I could not see if my eyeliner was straight, or I plucked my eyebrows correctly. I would also be frustrated if I could not get that ankle strap buckled up on my sandals or if I have makeup on my nice white top. Maybe I would get paranoid about washing and wash all of the time? At least I could not read the tape measure to see my body size. How would one walk in high heels? I guess with great difficulty. I think I would be very unhappy.

Mirrors are an important part of my crossdressing. Photos, too. Would you still be interested without a mirror? If there had been no mirror when you started at age 10 or whatever--would you have lost interest?

Quote Originally Posted by Tania_aCrossdresser View Post
    At least I could not read the tape measure to see my body size
    No worries with that one, they do come in braille: