Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Feeling not properly dressed when not wearing a bra

Feeling not properly dressed when not wearing a bra

As I have more and more often been wearing a bra, something I never expected has begun to happen. When I'm not wearing a bra, I feel like I'm not properly dressed. It's like I'm not complete. This is a very strange feeling. I very much want to feel the shoulder straps on my shoulders and the band around my chest. I just never ever expected these feelings. Has anyone else experienced this or am I alone in this?
    Last edited by Freddy12; 11-16-2010 at 07:56 PM.

Freddy

I have same feeling. But I think I feel that because I wear bra almost every day at home. For me it's most comfortable thing

Obviously your not a liberated woman want-a-be like some of us!! lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I have worn a bra 24/7 for the past year and I feel totally naked now without the comforting hug of my bra.
    Sister will you…
    Make believe…
    Play dress up…
    Let me be the Princess…
    Tell me stories in the dark…
    Always be my friend?

When I am not wearing a bra, I have the same feeling: I am not dressed and it doesn't feel right. I feel naked. So Freddy12, you are not alone.

Surprisingly, yes, TOTALLY. Bras were never a priority, but lately I feel its a necessity. Nothing, feels right without a bra. Even going to sleep! KatT

I feel exactly the same way. Even when I'm in male mode it just doesn't feel right not to be wearing a bra.
    ColleenW

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Nah! I wear plenty of OTHER shoulder strap foundation items when I dress.

However, I find a bra is an ABSOLUTE NECCESITY when I dress!! Otherwise, the only thing that keeps my breast forms out of my underwear is my BELT!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Other than for my time in the military and the 5 years I quit being a CD, I have worn a bra since I was 9 years old. BTW, that is longer than a lot of you have been alive! I was told to do so by our family doctor because I had breasts very much like a girl! He said if I didn't wear a bra they would start to sag. I was thin, but my breasts were 36 B's at the time. They are now 40 B's. I wear a bra all day every day, unless I am not wearing a shirt! And I also feel undressed if I don't have one on!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Gold Member
    I am with all of the above; I like wearing a bra. Now say a year ago, I only wore a bra at home,
    Now I have a bra on under most of my drab shirts. The winter air allows for heaver shirts, so no strap
    lines. Yeah! This forum has taken me a long way, and I love it. Thanks to all. Rader

To me, wearing a bra seems like a fetish element, or lying to yourself unless you truly do have real boobs to fill them in. Not that I have a problem with anyone who chooses to do so. Sorry if I offend anyone here. Make yourself happy.
    I wear one when I go out...with a little assistance in the silicone department, of course. My VS bras are my favorite.

I feel girly enough in a lacy silky cami top when not wearing a bra.

I feel underdressed if any element is missing, to be truthful. The perfectionist Virgo in me, maybe?

I don't feel complete without my bra and forms. It has become second nature, so without it, I'm lost! LOL

I agree, going without a bra and forms is so unnatural, it's not...not done, so unlady like. It's so natural to get up in the morning and dress.

Hugs,
    Alice

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Wearing my Bra is the most natural feeling in the world,I started in a small way wearing it now and again,but I find it comforting now wearing it at every opportunity,esp love seeing pattern of my bra under white t-shirt

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by t-girlxsophie View Post
    I find it comforting now wearing it at every opportunity,esp love seeing pattern of my bra under white t-shirt
    Finding it comforting - what a great way to put it Sophie! I too like the look of the bra pattern under a white t-shirt, espicially when the effect is subtle, maybe just a hint of color or back strap.
    ColleenW

I love my bra too and don't feel complete without it. I put it on as soon as get out of the shower everyday, if i could i would wear one 24/7. Have a fem day

Michelle

Silver Member
    To the OP, yes all girls feel this way. At least I think almost all girls do. First you WANT to wear a bra but you can't. It's "too grown up". Then when you first do get one you are SO proud you even want to wear it to bed. You just don't want to take it off, EVER. Eventually, though it becomes just another chore. How long does this take? Oh I dunno. I guess it's different for different women. But personally, now, at this point in my life, I breath a BIG sigh of relief when I finally get to take the darn thing OFF. I the summer, when you add the discomfort of heat and humidity, I try to not wear one at all unless I am at work in the AC. In the summer I wear a lot of strappy camis with built in shelf bras just for comfort.

But yes, I sure do remember the excitement of the first few years of getting to wear one at all. Yeaaa!

Stephie

No, you're not alone in feeling this way. I wear a bra most of the time nowadays and those times when I don't it just doesn't feel right or comfortable. I've got gynecomastia so my bras do make day to day activity much more comfortable.

i wish i had more time to wear my bra, but unfortunatley, my living situation and job prevent me from doing it. so i envy you.

Aspiring Member
    Yes I wear a bra daily and have for several years nowdo not feel right without one on

Feeling incomplete without my bra? absolutely!! I wear my bra all the time I am not at work and have started to sleep in my bra and forms. Now, I cannot go to sleep without wearing a bra. Where will this stop?

You are surely not a lone as I wear almost daily. Feels really naked with out it

I agree that the feel of the strap around my chest and straps over the shoulder let me know I am as I should be. I love the feel I used to worry about the look, but now the feel is the most important. (by look I mean size of the breasts. I am a natural 40 c) Now I just like the feel of the material and the look of the bra unser a sheer blouse. A lacy white bra under a sheer blouse looks wonderful to me. I do feel empty when walking around without a bra on. I cannot wear them as often as I would like. Thanks for the post Freddy12......I think you should change your name to Freda38. Just a joke.......Drew

I do not have breasts, but I feel naked without a bra, so I wear one almost all the time. I know this for a fact, if I were to have breasts I will not want to wear a bra at all, I am a sucker for the braless look on GG. Is that a paradox or what?