Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Feeling not properly dressed when not wearing a bra

Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    To me, wearing a bra seems like a fetish element, or lying to yourself unless you truly do have real boobs to fill them in. Not that I have a problem with anyone who chooses to do so. Sorry if I offend anyone here. Make yourself happy.
    I wear one when I go out...with a little assistance in the silicone department, of course. My VS bras are my favorite.

I feel girly enough in a lacy silky cami top when not wearing a bra.

Well it looks like I might be in the minority here! But then again I guess I have to define my terms and understanding of this thread.

First: the breast forms. Yes, i usually feel incomplete and not properly dressed without them. My forms come with clear straps so i can wear them like a bra. It gives me a wonderful bust line so i can choose to go "bra less" or wear a bra over them. I almost ALWAYS choose braless..I love the look and bounce. So what are we talking about here: the feel of straps around our busts or the busts them self?

I need the look and feel of the bust myself. Glue ons with out straps are fine too! However, I do, as Nathalie said, occasionally enjoy the feel of a satin cami with no bra or forms. Hard to feel the luxury with a bra on.

Thank goodness for technology though! With todays silicone and my age.....my breasts stay perky and do not need the support of a bra.
    [SIZE="2"]Cassie[/SIZE]

It's funny - while most GG's seem to hate having to wear bras, I enjoy wearing one. And even though mine all fit very well, I am always aware that I have one on. It's a comforting feeling that is always there in the background - almost like being hugged - and maybe that's because it constantly reminds me of my girly side wheter I am underdressed or in full femme mode, which I relish.

It's funny, in male mode I always wear either a T-shirt or a "wife-beater" style undershirt under my regular shirts, as otherwise I feel incompletely dressed. Yet in female mode, even though a bra in essence is nothing more than thin band of material stretching across one's chest, I never get that same feeling of incompleteness when wearing one - in fact, it's the exact opposite.

When I was heavier I never liked wearing bras, partially because I had a little bit of man-boobage going on and it always bothered me that the fat on my chest could fill the bra, and also probably partially cause the bras I wore (rarely) were likely too small and they hurt and were uncomfortable. Now that I've slimmed down and now that the one bra I own fits me better, I can wear it without much trouble, but I still don't like to do it very often. I also still think wearing it all day would be horribly uncomfortable.
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

I don't wear any bras and I don't have any since my breasts pass the pencil test - the pencil falls to the floor. [Added comment] If I get to the point where my breasts fail the pencil test and the pencil stays under the breasts I will seriously consider wearing bras. [/Added comment]

I'm not a lingerie freak - it doesn't make much difference if I am wearing a man's brief or a woman's panties.
    Last edited by JohnH; 11-18-2010 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Added comment for wearing a bra
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

I only dress occasionally but I know what you mean about wanting to feel the straps on your shoulders, they are very comfortable.

i wear a bra 24/7 sleep in a bra makes my breast feel more comfortable and when out in male mode would not consider going without my bra i have worn one for years even under my work shirt no problems

I wear mainly gel filled bras that give me a nice shape when I wear a dress or blouse on top. It would look wrong to see me without that shape now. However the feeling of it supporting your “chest” is so great too.

I too wear all night and to bed, and feel empty when I need to remove it to go to work. 10 hours later and I’m back in a bra again.

Thank you for the wonderful responses. I feel that my feelings about wearing a bra have been affirmed. Many of us love the feel. It's luxurious. Thanks for the support!

Freddy

I wear a bra all day every day and I love it. It makes me feel complete even if I'm wearing mostly drab clothing. When I can wear my boobies in it thats the best of all!

Quote Originally Posted by Freddy12 View Post
    Thank you for the wonderful responses. I feel that my feelings about wearing a bra have been affirmed. Many of us love the feel. It's luxurious. Thanks for the support!
    No pun intended regarding the support part, right?

Well, I recognized the double meaning when I wrote it, and decided not to change the wording.

Freddy

I have had the same feeling. There have been a few times I can't wear what I want and I really don't feel completely dressed.

Hmmmm - I Love the whole bra experance!

I have as many bras as my SO. My New Years Resolution was to wear a bra everyday - ( sadly I've missed 3 days). I love how they hold my "girls". How
    I get the little giggle and I always think " Wow, girls always experienced this feeling & I want to catch up on what I've missed." Some of my favorite bras are ones that I have cut out the cup leaving just th demi strap with the underwire. This allows complete overhang with my nipples rubbing the fabric of whatever I'm wearing. I always wear this type when I underdress. Like others have written, I feel undressed
    without the feeling of all the straps in place. To me, the bra holding my breast is a major feeling in my letting out my fem side and desire.

Aspiring Member

Ah, the bra

I join most of the ladies, I am lost w/o a bra full of my trukare 8's. Iust love it when my french nails cross them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    It's funny - while most GG's seem to hate having to wear bras, I enjoy wearing one. And even though mine all fit very well, I am always aware that I have one on. It's a comforting feeling that is always there in the background - almost like being hugged - and maybe that's because it constantly reminds me of my girly side wheter I am underdressed or in full femme mode, which I relish.

It's funny, in male mode I always wear either a T-shirt or a "wife-beater" style undershirt under my regular shirts, as otherwise I feel incompletely dressed. Yet in female mode, even though a bra in essence is nothing more than thin band of material stretching across one's chest, I never get that same feeling of incompleteness when wearing one - in fact, it's the exact opposite.
    Ditto! I wear one whenever I can, which is anytime I don't have to take my shirt off. (Well, I'll wear one when I see my GG physician...) My wife asks me why I love to wear them, since she would go without if she could. Who's to explain it, other than what my signature says?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    I am never without a bra or a "shelf" cami. My breasts need the support.

Em
    Living with a heel in each world.

Unlike many of you I am unable to wear a bra all the time. However, when I can wear one, I do so 24 hours per day until life makes me take it off. Wearing a bra is the single most affirming part of my dressing. If I could I would wear one everyday, I would without hesitation.

same here
    Amanda

I'm with most here, I feel inappropriate without a bra, especially so because of my 38 C size! To be honest, sometimes it almost feels like an obligation to wear one; like someone above said, I do not want them to sag.

It depends on what I'm doing and what I'm wearing if I feel "incomplete" without a bra. I have a couple of dresses that I can't wear a bra with, some top need a bra. I was doing some roof repair on my house and didn't feel the need for a bra then.

PS: I'm a natural full B (maybe small C). I don't wear forms

I have commented to my GF that she can't wait to get out of her bra,
    And I can't wait to put one on.

The other day when we were leaving the house, my wife put on a bra and wanted to make absolutely sure that I had taken mine off. I was sad. I wanted to wear my bra. She was pretty adamant. Oh, well.

Freddy

Quote Originally Posted by Christine Abrams View Post
    I'm with most here, I feel inappropriate without a bra, especially so because of my 38 C size! To be honest, sometimes it almost feels like an obligation to wear one; like someone above said, I do not want them to sag.
    You do have a very good reason to wear one. I know of a young man who really needs to wear a bra because of the size of his breasts. If my breasts get bigger and I do not pass the pencil test I will wear a bra even en homme so that other males who need to wear one will not feel as if they are the only ones who need to wear one.

For males not to be able to wear bras if they are necessary, because of this stupid "masculinity anxiety" fear, is REALLY bad!!

And for you "sisters" that have sagging breasts that do not pass the pencil test you should be adamant in wearing your bras - don't back down.
    Last edited by JohnH; 11-20-2010 at 07:06 PM.
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

I finally found a wide band, unlined, softcup, three hook bra in a 38a. They are so comfortable and hide my nipples. It's a real pleasure to wear under t-shirts. Always wear one unless I wear a too tight t-shirt that would show the straps. When that happens I am showing off my breats and nipples which is another story.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnH View Post
    You do have a very good reason to wear one. I know of a young man who really needs to wear a bra because of the size of his breasts. If my breasts get bigger and I do not pass the pencil test I will wear a bra even in drab so that other males who need to wear one will not feel as if they are the only ones who need to wear one.

For males not to be able to wear bras if they are necessary, because of this stupid "masculinity anxiety" fear, is REALLY bad!!

And for you "sisters" that have sagging breasts that do not pass the pencil test you should be adamant in wearing your bras - don't back down.
    I have never heard of 'the pencil test' until this thread. So I had to try it. I passed the pencil test OMG!! Well, just barely, I passed it.