Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Something I've Always Wondered

Wsprs, No, from what you are saying, you are not a crossdresser. Amanda is right, you are only a crossdresser if there is a cross-gender erotic componant and / or a cross-gender self identification componant to it. Some males that, of necessity, wear womens articles are not crossdressing. I know a navy seal that said they wore pantyhose when they were on patrol in the swamps and jungles in S. America. He said they used to get their wives to buy them before the military got their own version. To be a "crossdresser", it is in the mind.
    Last edited by Jonianne; 11-20-2010 at 10:18 AM.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

I already knew I wasn't....I just wanted to throw the question out there.

Ah, trying to trick us, eh?
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

No, not at all. I'm always interested in the opinions of others.

Why don't you just admitt it?

Your not just intersted in different opions?

Your interseted in differet people?

To what depth and degree is a different question altogether.

But the truth be told is that men dressing up and having feminine ways interest you.

Not to say that you want to be intimate with them ~ but you and they could be dearest friends.

I'm always interested in different lifestyles. I am always like a sponge trying to soak up new knowledge. I also wanted to see if the one encounter I had with a CD was typical for most.

Cross dressing being a gender identity condition

As others have said, if a woman wears men's clothes because they desire to look masculine or less feminine then they may have gender identity condition. Otherwise it is just wearing clothes.

I am a male and consider myself a girl. Even when in “guy mode” I may act, move and behave girlish. Whether I am dressed or not I am trying to present feminine or less masculine.

I don't however buy the sexual component. People do a lot of strange things for sexual arousal. Wearing clothes of the opposite sex for such a purpose is a stretch as a gender identity condition. To me that is just sex, kinky possibly, but still just sex. There are gender confused people out there who do combine the two regularly, and that is great if it makes them happy. But without the sex, they’d still be transgendered.

Note, I am a gender confused person. I sometimes can get sexually aroused when wearing feminine clothing. But these are mutually exclusive. I also can get sexually aroused when not in feminine clothes.
    - AF

Look girl, act girl, feel girl ... be girl.

Accepted by me and mine Andrea's Lynne's Avatar
    I don't mean to oversimplify this but, ..... what does the "label" have to do with who we are? I am 43-year old man who absolutely adores women and the beauty of their femininity. So much so that I try to emulate them. And, to be honest, have felt that way since WAY before puberty.

The label that goes on that state doesn't mean too much to me. I accept who I am and I love and cherish those near and dear to me, male and female.
    I understand the OP point on this as a "clothes for comfort" perspective (at least I think I do), and I feel the same way. I love the feeling of comfy clothes. I also love the closeness with femininity I can feel by getting dolled up. I don't want to see people here get too wound up over labels placed on anyone.

I hope this makes sense, and would be happy to discuss more.
    Last edited by Andrea's Lynne; 11-20-2010 at 04:03 PM. Reason: spelling
    Love

Lynne

Quote Originally Posted by WsprsOnTheWInd View Post
    I just wear what I want to wear b/c it's a comfort thing for me. Of course I was taught that anything a woman wears pertaining to a man is wrong and vice versa. That's okay, I'll take my chances and be comfy in what I like to wear.
    I so totally agree. Yes, I wear womens jeans daily, not for any other reason than they fit me better than mens. Life would be so much simpler if everyone could just be glad that the person is wearing clothing and not so worried about who the clothing is designed for.
    Sister will you…
    Make believe…
    Play dress up…
    Let me be the Princess…
    Tell me stories in the dark…
    Always be my friend?

I find that men's jeans are more comfy for me.

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Sexual arousal?? What's that? ......

Karren ! we have been over this before ! thats when the er emmm gets ah you know. so th ah .. and when you ah em lik err have a well ah . Makes sense now ?
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    ...... I also wanted to see if the one encounter I had with a CD was typical for most.
    Well theres only one way to find out ! Now before all you gals beat her door down, just remember Whisper on the Wind's cerfew is 10.00 PM on the weekends and 9:00 during the week. And on ANY dates you must knock on the door, there will be NO honking of car horns from the driveway. And you better arive with a FULL tank of gas. (Only parents of teenage girls will understand this fully)
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Kelly, I just wish I had guys knocking my door down. I haven't had time to get back into the full swing of dating yet, but I'm ready too. I'm still working on my formal application for them all to fill out so I can run a thorough background check. The full body scanner should arrive at my home sometime this week....LOL. It's such a shame that everyone who has potential lives so far away or is already in a LTR.

I'm ready to get back in the game full swing. No more crying over spilled milk, mistakes made and time wasted. Today is a new day and it's time to move on. I must say goodbye to the past and the unhealthy and embrace the future.

. The full body scanner should arrive at my home sometime this week....LOL. .
    Actually, I much prefer the pat down method.

Liz

Too bad there is no such scanner that will detect a liar, cheater, lack of morals, values and integrity. Oh wait, I am a magnet for that type. I am the scanner for those. I want an effing raise b/c I have gone way over quota. LOL

All I want to say is that I really appreciate you Wsprs. When you first joined here it was to learn and educate yourself about a lifestyle and gender issues that you did not know anything about until you met a guy that happened to crossdress. now that relationship is over ( thank God), you remain here to continue your education and friendship with us guys that crossdress and to maybe help another GG to learn about her mate's crossdressing. Your experience with a guy that dressed was anything but good, but you are smart enough to know he does not represent the way all, or even most men that enjoy their feminine side are like. So I'm sure I speak for many good men here that crossdress when I say we are glad you are staying around.
    Oh, I turned your magnet around to the other pole so it now attracts good men that happen to be crossdresser or not. The clown you had a relationship with is now the model of what your scanner will reject. Big hugs from a friend.

Brandy,

Thanks. You are so correct. I did date a waste of good air for sure. But you know what? The sun came up today just like every other day and it will tomorrow too. It's his loss not mine. I got an education out of the situation. A tainted one that I am having to sort out reality from his dilusional truths about CD's but I'm smart enough to get a clear picture.

"Thank You to the people who have walked into my life and made it great and a bigger. Thank You to those who have walked out of it and made it FANTASTIC....!!!"

Just think, you might not have met all of us otherwise.

I want my wife to dress in whatever way makes her happiest. It's about her desires, not mine, because she's wearing her clothes. I don't think it's crossdressing unless wearing clothes intended for the opposite gender connects you to a feeling of somehow becoming a part of that opposite gender.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Morgan View Post
    I'm glad you said that, Mary, because the members of this forum are the most like family I've ever experienced outside my mother- and father-in-law. My wife has remarked more than once that we're the most loving and genuine group she's ever seen. I really feel love for everyone here. We show our vulnerabilities and help each other. It's really beautiful and an example of how I wish the world is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Morgan View Post
    Ahhh, and when the forrest burns it returns slowly in a much healthier state. You are so right, Mary. Through the fire some beauty remained. At least I have this opportunity to see that this guy so sadly misrepresented the CD population. I was so angry and bitter when I came here that I swore I would never date another one. I can't say that I would or I wouldn't. I would definately have to think long and hard about that before I knowingly walked back into that situation. I guess it would depend on how much the lifestyle was pushed on me. I'm never letting anyone push me again.
    Last edited by WsprsOnTheWind; 11-23-2010 at 07:18 PM.

Aspiring Member
    Another... guy?

I wouldn't either. Not even the first time. Too scratchy.

Quote Originally Posted by mklinden2010 View Post
    Another... guy?

I wouldn't either. Not even the first time. Too scratchy.
    Another CD.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm always interested in different lifestyles. I am always like a sponge trying to soak up new knowledge. I also wanted to see if the one encounter I had with a CD was typical for most.
    If ALL the guys you've dated have been alike, then ALL the CDs u date will be also! Because, at the end of the day, we're all -------!?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    If ALL the guys you've dated have been alike, then ALL the CDs u date will be also! Because, at the end of the day, we're all -------!?
    I must be tired because I don't understand that!