Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crossdresser versus Sissy

Crossdresser versus Sissy

I dont mean that in any way we are fighting each other. I guess I am just referring to different attitudes or styles of dress. It hit me when reading the posts about drag queens. For me when I see someone dressed in ruffly skirts, petticoats, etc I think of them as more of the category of maybe fetish dressing. I really do not now much about that style of dressing or if even "Sissy" is the right term.
    I like to see myself and even be open minded so I have to admit my likes and dislikes or is it prejudices. I do not get at least for me the little girl or sissy look. I would sooner be in flamboyant full on Drag Queen regalia. So now that I got that out in the open and probably offended some people... Im looking for education
    For those who dress in that style, is it how u are usually dressed, or do u also like other fashions. If you dress regulary like that, do you get out and about, and how does the general public treat you? I am also interested in how you see the rest of the crossdresser/transgender community accepts and treats you.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I always dress like any normal lady of middle age! I don't own any ruffly skirts or petticoats, and have never worn them. As far as I am comcerned there is nothing wrong with those clothes, they just don't appeal to me! Likewise, neither does the "Drag Queen" look. I am a crossdresser, plain and simple! I have no desire to be a woman, just a desire to wear their clothes when I feel like it!

In the past, I have been called a "Sissy" more than once. But never twice by the same person!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I consider myself a "fetish" dresser more then a sissy. I prefer that style, as I have zero interest in passing,or regular womens clothes. As such, I do not go out in public dressed up like that. To tell you the truth, I am more concerned now with my 2nd Amd. rights, then anything having to do with cd.

I like to dress that way every once in a while it's fun ...I can dress or undress almost anyway I want while in fem it is the fun part of being a crossdresser
    3358662592_80641fafd3.jpg

Aspiring Member

Thumbs up roll of dimes?

Quote Originally Posted by sissystephanie View Post
    I always dress like any normal lady of middle age! I don't own any ruffly skirts or petticoats, and have never worn them. As far as I am comcerned there is nothing wrong with those clothes, they just don't appeal to me! Likewise, neither does the "Drag Queen" look. I am a crossdresser, plain and simple! I have no desire to be a woman, just a desire to wear their clothes when I feel like it!

In the past, I have been called a "Sissy" more than once. But never twice by the same person!!
    You dind't by any chance have a roll of dimes in your hand, did you?
    Last edited by az_azeel; 11-18-2010 at 07:52 PM. Reason: fixed the quoted post

Ms Gina the points of your questions were well taken. I consider a person's fashion style often represents their interest or fancy for a moment or occasion. Sure, I have a dress fitted with a petticoat and at the right time, it is a hoot to wear. For the most part however, I wear "street ready" clothes (e.g slacks, skirts, blouses, T's, jeans, etc).

Let's take your questions and replace the ruffly skirt element with a witch's costume intended for Halloween. Something like this is usually bought for an occasion like a party. If that style is your interest, then go have a ball with it. I doubt if most owners of a witch's costume would only wear that style for the rest of the year. OK, there may be a few out there but note that I said "most".

There may be some who are really into wearing Western apparel. So what if they have never rode a horse or been riding the range. I know several people who absolutely loathe anything Western and proclaim they just don't understand why someone would want to dress like this. The people wearing jeans, boots, and hats aren't really hurting anyone unless their jeans are too tight.

I won't mention any names but a certain forum member with the initials of Karen Hutton regularly post their anti-blue jeans sentiments and wonders why anyone would ever wear such things. We all tease Karen about this but she is doing nothing more than supporting her fashion preferences. If not wearing jeans is her thing, then more power to her because as much as I hate to admit it, she looks darn good in every thing else.

Life is too short to not have fun once in a while. If you like dressing like a woman (ruffles, jeans and all), then why hold back?

Babette
    Someone else's imagination is a terrible thing to waste.

<<<<<You mean petticoats and ruffles like these? This is not my regular femme attire but the outfit was a gift and it was a blast to wear. Much like women like to get dolled up in wedding gowns or prom.cocktail dresses etc.

You would be amazed at the number of GGs who told me they loved this outfit.

Many asked for the name of the dressmaker
    Last edited by Christinedreamer; 11-18-2010 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by msginaadoll View Post
    For me when I see someone dressed in ruffly skirts, petticoats, etc I think of them as more of the category of maybe fetish dressing. I really do not know much about that style of dressing or if even "Sissy" is the right term.
    As I see it, it's basically just role-playing. Not that much different from the french maid outfit, etc.
    Lot's of CD's see the petticoats, lacy ruffley baby doll dresses, as the pinnacle of feminity.

i've been a pretty average crossdresser for most of my life, until I purged, and went into 10 years of denial & shame.
    When I picked back up on it, I didn't know exactly where to go. My dad owned a children's clothing store when i was a kid, and I had a pretty impressive stash of cloths for a young kid. However the little girls' dresses, to me, were another planet. As a kid growing up in the late 60's early 70's , all I know is I wanted to wear one. Girls had full license to wear frilly outifts.

Nowadays, I'm not so into the sissy/little girl thing (which seemed all fetish to me) , I'm lately more interested in presenting myself as a woman, as a part of my persona. All that forced feminization/sissy maid stuff means nothing to me unless it pleases my partner to do so.
    This was me this past Halloween:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathali...ee/5154888318/
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 11-18-2010 at 10:41 PM.

I'll admit, I wouldn't mind if my SO wants to put me into the typical "French Maid" outfit. But I would of course do some mods to it. No ruffled panties, and a moderate length skirt (my kind of moderate, lol)
    You all have seen my typical style. It could be worn my any genetic female, but really only if they could stand the cat calls, or ignorant people asking "where's the funeral, or party?" Heh.

I also have styles that could be worn in a normal "female" fashion.

I don't dig the peticoated look to be honest, but once again, if my SO wants to wear, or even if my friends, male or female want to wear that, I am not going to knock them.

I still dislike the term Sissy though.

While certain similarities surely exist, I think most of our starts in dressing have some variances. I had some interest in my mother's clothes while young but the desire to dress was largely suppressed throughout my early adulthood. My interest in dressing accelerated with my introduction into various fetish lifestyles. "Sissy", "forced feminization" was a focal point of this. I still enjoy dressing very girly (vs womanly) but mostly, now, it's dressing as a woman that I prefer and practice most often.

IMHO: Sissy is largely a fetish involving overtly adolescent feminine style and mind set while crossdressing is a maturation of this. --NOT to say that all CD were once sissy.
    --Kathleen

Quote Originally Posted by msginaadoll View Post
    I dont mean that in any way we are fighting each other. I guess I am just referring to different attitudes or styles of dress. It hit me when reading the posts about drag queens. For me when I see someone dressed in ruffly skirts, petticoats, etc I think of them as more of the category of maybe fetish dressing. I really do not now much about that style of dressing or if even "Sissy" is the right term.
    I like to see myself and even be open minded so I have to admit my likes and dislikes or is it prejudices. I do not get at least for me the little girl or sissy look. I would sooner be in flamboyant full on Drag Queen regalia. So now that I got that out in the open and probably offended some people... Im looking for education
    For those who dress in that style, is it how u are usually dressed, or do u also like other fashions. If you dress regulary like that, do you get out and about, and how does the general public treat you? I am also interested in how you see the rest of the crossdresser/transgender community accepts and treats you.
    How one goes about doing it ~ matters not! Either what its about expressing ones own personal sense of feminility ~ regardless of how aburd it may be to that others.

Be it so-called "sissy" dragqueen yada~yada.

For some it may be dressing in a conservative feminine manner that wouldn't even turn someone else's head at the mall.

For others it may be the whole sissy thing with the over the top short cut dress and frilly others.

For some it may be as simple as so-called "underdressing" and just wearing panties under their jeans or business suit?

Quote Originally Posted by BARBARA_MELENDEZ View Post
    I like to dress that way every once in a while it's fun ...I can dress or undress almost anyway I want while in fem it is the fun part of being a crossdresser
    3358662592_80641fafd3.jpg

People constantly why some men have the "need" and/or compulsion to crossdress?

You just hit the proverbial nail on the head!

Because ITS FUN
    Last edited by Nigella; 11-19-2010 at 03:18 PM. Reason: please use the edit function in your posts

i CONSIDER MYSELF TO BE BOTH BUT i MUST SAY i LOVE MY RUFFLED PANTIES AND SISSY DRESSES!!!

Personally I really don't like these fetish/Halloween costume type outfits.

Probably because I like the real thing so much. Anyone interested in historic women's fashion should check out Katherine's Dress Site!

Quote Originally Posted by raelene View Post
    i CONSIDER MYSELF TO BE BOTH BUT i MUST SAY i LOVE MY RUFFLED PANTIES AND SISSY DRESSES!!!
    That's what I'm talkin about...
    Get those rhumba panties on!

Nobody says you have to do the sissy thing in public. Just try it, you might love it...

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by busker View Post
    You dind't by any chance have a roll of dimes in your hand, did you?
    No, just my own hands and a knowledge of how to fight!! My Army dad taught me how to fight to win!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

No matter what I wear I never get called a sissy. I may be called a "f**king pervert" but never a sissy. If anybody would call me a sissy my drill sergeant bark would set them straight!
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

A personal choice of clothing is just that as far as i am concerned , i am a man in a dress so how would it be right for me to judge others on what they chose to wear .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

To each their own I'd say Hon. If they have the guts to wear it in public, more power to 'em, name calling notwithstanding.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I for one like and enjoy petticoat style dresses. This style must have been imprinted in me when I was young and growing up in the 50's and 60's. I enjoy other styles too.

Never (yet) owned anything “sissy” although I can see the attraction to some outfits typically associated.
    I’m no sissy though, I’m a strong independent woman!

I think Sarah Jessica Parker did more for crinolines in various episodes of Sex and the City than any sissy or fetish site ever could. She may have single handedly re-popularized crinolines. could someone kindly bring back the 50s?

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by msginaadoll
    I like to see myself and even be open minded so I have to admit my likes and dislikes or is it prejudices. I do not get at least for me the little girl or sissy look. I would sooner be in flamboyant full on Drag Queen regalia. So now that I got that out in the open and probably offended some people... I’m looking for education
    [SIZE="2"]I wouldn’t attempt it, any more than I would attempt “full on drag.” Both of these genres require a “costume” of sorts, and that is the issue – I don’t see MtF crossdressing as a costume party. I dress in the clothes that are appropriate for my age, to allow myself to pass in public, to get where I want to go, and be as I wish to be. It would be impossible to dress “sissy” and not draw any attention, ditto drag, but those are worlds apart, demanding attitudes that are completely at odds with my own. I don’t wish to draw attention to myself, so I dress accordingly…[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by sissystephanie
    [SIZE="2"]Same here. My clothes are quite respectable and “classic.” There is this sub-genre of “sissy” crossdressing, and there’s a site dedicated to it. I prefer to be here, among my peers. Sissy is another one of those polarizing words that stirs strong feelings. I have no problem with it, since it is part of my psychological makeup. It’s not all that obvious, but it is the background of my dreams - I don’t wear the costume, but I am engaged in effeminacy 24/7…
    [/SIZE]

Thanks for all the thoughtful responses. And also for the reminder that what I do and the way I dress doesnt always have to be so serious!

Quote Originally Posted by Christina2008 View Post
    I’m no sissy though, I’m a strong independent woman!
    Great if that's what works for you. I gladly volunteer to be anyone's submissive sissy anytime.