Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Banking/Cashing Checks En Femme

Banking/Cashing Checks En Femme

Any of you do banking or cash checks while en femme?

I so badly need to go full time, yet my business financial needs require me to be drab for dealing with banking, so I often have to go back and forth between fem and drab..

I'll start off my day en femme, then have to change to drab to deal with banking and while out I'll tend to any other errands that need to be done, then return home and change back to en femme again.. but really, I'd rather be doing my errands, etc en femme... but the ID and matching my ID at the bank is what stops me.... And well, I really don't want to be showing my ID of my drab self while I'm en femme and since my DL is nearing expiration and renewal, do you think they'll let me get a new photo, with my self dressed? I thought about maybe if I can get my DL photo with just the wig and no makeup, and then maybe my DL could be presented whenever required for both drab and en femme..

What are your thoughts or ideas on this? You ever cash checks en femme? What happened?

I deal with the same people almost every time, yet they only know my drab self.. I'm not sure how I feel about showing my DL to them knowing they know me as chances are en femme they will not recognize me.

So is it against the law for a woman to wear a wig for a driver license photo? I think not. So it should be OK to wear a wig--maybe a short wig, probably a short androgynous wig. That might suit you purposes. Or grow your hair and get it cut for a neutral-- could go either way-- cut.

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferR771 View Post
    So is it against the law for a woman to wear a wig for a driver license photo? I think not. So it should be OK to wear a wig--maybe a short wig, probably a short androgynous wig. That might suit you purposes. Or grow your hair and get it cut for a neutral-- could go either way-- cut.
    I can't grow my hair my drab self has a George Costanza hair style.. thank god for wigs.. can't live without them.

I'm gonna call the DMV tomorrow and see if it's allowed to apply for a non driver identification card while also having a drivers license.. this way I can have my license be for drab and the non driver for en femme.. if they allow this sort of thing.. Would be nice to have the ID with myself en femme photo on it
    Last edited by LitaKelley; 11-18-2010 at 08:16 PM.

Lita,

I occasionally go by a branch of my bank (Bank of America) and make deposits en femme. Usually I do this at the drive-in window and it's never been a problem. A couple of weeks ago I decided to push the envelope a little. I had spent the day out shopping and running errands dressed as Phoebe. I was wearing a nice top, skirt, hose, and low heels. While out I decided to close out a safe deposit box that I was not using. I would have to do that inside the bank. I discovered I had picked the wrong day and time to do that, as they were very short handed. I had to sit in the lobby and wait over an hour before a bank officer was free that could do the closeout. Lots of people were in and out while I sat and waited. When I was finally helped, the bank officer I was dealing with (a GG I had never met before) had nothing but smiles and ordinary small talk as if I were just another woman customer. There's no doubt she read me - especially after I gave her my bank card (with my male picture on it and obviously male name) along with my state issued ID card (with my femme picture on it). When we went to verify the box was empty, she had trouble opening it and had to get help from another female employee who I spoke with briefly while she got it open. It made no difference at all to any of those that I dealt with that I was an MTF crossdresser. The bank officer never even asked why I was dressed the way I was. Based on this experience I don't think I would hesitate at all in the future to conduct any banking business face to face in the bank.
    Phoebe

I've gone into a bank to deposit checks and cash and I've also gone through the drive-thru to make a deposit. I use my Florida ID with my female picture on it and I've never have any issues. I've been to the ATM dozens and dozens of times where there were other people using it or waiting to use it and, again, I've never had a problem or a bad encounter with anyone.
    Don't make a big deal about it and just do it like any other time you've been to the bank to make a transaction. It's a piece of cake.

Hugs!
    Last edited by joann07; 11-18-2010 at 11:01 PM.
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

I usually use the drive thru for deposits and then if I need cash I will use the ATM at the bank to avoid the charges.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    For a time, I avoided banking while dressed or obviously gender bending. Then I needed some cash from at ATM while I was dressed, so I went ahead... and of course nothing untoward happened. A time or three more of that and then I didn't care what I was wearing at the ATM, not even the ones in the lobby of the branches I had direct accounts with -- and that knowing that there are security cameras there.

Once I didn't care what I was wearing at the ATMs, it didn't take so long before I just went in to branches obviously cross-dressed. Never had a problem with the tellers (though they use female pronouns or titles for me).

I do not recall at the moment if I've ever gone in to my bank with wig and all. I haven't worn a wig since March 2009, so it hasn't come up. I don't think it would be a problem for me, as people never seem to have any trouble recognizing me no matter what I'm wearing.

I have deposited cheques while in a skirt or dress or while wearing large forms "as a guy".

I once had to make a cash withdrawal at a branch of my bank that was out of state. I showed the teller my id and I was off without any problem. They really don't care as long as you are who you say that you are.

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    All the time! Both at my normal branch, and any other place. If they don't know me, I just say something along the lines (jokingly) of, "I know I don't exactly match my drivers license picture today, but you have to admit - I am rocking this look!" with a laugh.

It's all about attitude. If you accept you, they will to, for the most part.

Kathi

My problem is not with my own comfort level, nor acceptance, but of getting my checks cashed when my ID photo don't match what the teller sees.. My photo on the DL, and my drab self look nothing even remotely close to what I look like en femme and I'm concerned with them causing an issue over it and maybe not cashing the checks, or assuming I'm committing some sort of ID fraud.. I really don't care what some bank manager or teller thinks of me.. I just need my checks cashed.

Quote Originally Posted by joann07 View Post
    I've gone into a bank to deposit checks and cash and I've also gone through the drive-thru to make a deposit. I use my Florida ID with my female picture on it and I've never have any issues. I've been to the ATM dozens and dozens of times where there were other people using it or waiting to use it and, again, I've never had a problem or a bad encounter with anyone.
    Don't make a big deal about it and just do it like any other time you've been to the bank to make a transaction. It's a piece of cake.

Hugs!

Jo, with your looks, you would pass anywhere (except maybe a woman's locker room!).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]All good things come to "she" who waits!

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Lita, my bank uses a "client card" that gets swiped to identify me; and when I want to get cash back, I have to enter a PIN (even at the teller.) I do not recall ever being asked for photo-ID from them since they put in that system.

Sometimes it does help smooth the way that I can recite my branch numbers and account numbers -- not that they ask, but when I'm at a different branch than usual, it helps reassure them that I am the correct person.

I bank en femme, no problems.

I think they've seen it all here in LA...

Quote Originally Posted by dilane View Post
    I bank en femme, no problems.

I think they've seen it all here in LA...
    I'm with dilane. I have go to the tellers many times and have not had a problem.
    When I am haveing a bad hair day I use the machine.
    joank
    Southern California

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    Talk to a very important woman at you bank branch....just lay it out for her. Make a friend.

The ladies at my bank's front desk know me, and him too. When 'he" going in now that always ask quietly "has is Em".

Don't think women won't be kind and not judgement. Than only coming when they are married to you!

Em
    Living with a heel in each world.

I do a lot of consulting work and was at a bank one time years ago when somebody came in 'dressed' (I never saw her, I was in a different room at the time).

I came out of the office I was in just after she'd left, so caught a bit of conversation about the 'Man dressed as a woman' who had just been there. I was expecting to have to endure some not-so-nice comments but was pleasantly surprised. The ONLY conversation these three middle-aged conservative banker types were having was trying to decide if they should have referred to the visitor as "sir" or "ma'm".

I offered my opinion that people should be addressed as whatever gender they are presenting as, and they thought that was the best idea as a general policy.

So I guess the lesson here is that even some of the people you might expect to have trouble with are really just trying to do the right thing.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Lita, if you get a state issued ID card with your femme picture on it you will not have the problem with the teller looking at an ID that doesn't match your appearance. In Georgia there is no problem with having both a driving license with a guy photo on it and a state issued ID card with a femme picture on it. Here's an old thread about when I got mine: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...-ID&highlight=
    I took a look at NH's DMV site and it looks like your state also allows you to have both. You might want to look at: http://www.dmv.com/nh/new-hampshire/apply-id-card and also call the DMV to find out for sure.
    Phoebe

My DL expires in February and I have been thinking about it a lot. I don't know what I am going to do about it yet. There are a lot of cases where you will be dressed in drab and have to present the ID. That thought is the only thing that keeps me from going the rest of the way on the DL.
    Michelle

I just got my DL renewed yesterday. I wore a medium long wig, and blue glittery eyeliner. But then again, I also had on a Fender shirt, so I likely came off more as a rock and roller than TG. I look like a butch lesbian in my DL photo.
    As for banking I have a branch taht I've used for years, and one day i said to myself what the hell, go for it. I walked in in full fem atire, walked right up to my usual teller, and she called me by my drab name at first but I leaned in and said "it's Wynonna today"... I asked her if I could get a debit card with that name on it, and she said she didn't think so, unless I leagaly changed it. And I said well, I hope someday I'll be in a posioton to. The next time I went in I was fully dressed, and she said, Oh darn, I can't remember your name, so i told her again. Now when I walk into the bank, she yells "Hi Wynonna" clear across the loby!

Interesting.....I just looked up KY's info in state ID's and to get one for "girl mode" I would have to surrender my current state drivers lic. I can't do that! I gotta drive.
    So I guess it's a nogo for KY to have 2 ID's. Oh well, It just gives me a reason to go to the the salon to have my make up and hair done before updating my KY drivers Lic. I will be one pretty man in my pic....LOL
    I am in love with the most understanding GG and my biggest fan. Jennifer, I love you!

I bank en femme, 99% of the time.

I have done banking many times enfemme over the past years, but one trip to the bank was very exciting. As past treasurer of the Houston Transgender Unity Committee, I was given a $1000 regular size check and a very large cardboard check by the owner of most of the night clubs in Houston's GLBT Montrose area to deposit. I told the bank manager about the check, and she asked if we could take a photo of us together. In the photo below I am in the green pants suit.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I love being "gender gifted"! www.pmpub.com

Aspiring Member
    Yes, of course. I have on several occasions gone inside my local branch office to make deposits into my kid's accounts and to transfer money from one place to another. But here is the bravest thing I have done in a bank, short of holding it up: When the estate from my parents was being settled, there were several legal documents that needed my signature to be notorized and I entered the bank, indicated to the receptionist why I was there and proceeded to wait for one of the bankers to get out the necessary notorizing paraphenalia, show identification and get the my documents notorized. The first time that I did this, the banker needed assistance and called another over for help. The three of us chatted and the transaction was completed without any delay. The second time that I needed the service, I started to show my identification and was told, "oh, don't worry about it, I know who you are."

I have always considered my local bank to be one of those "safe" places simply because most everyone, customers included, goes about their business, has friendly conversations and promptly leaves when their transaction is completed.

By the way, my wife and I are refinancing our home and are scheduled to close this coming Wednesday at our local branch office. If my wife is brave enough, I may go in as Annie. Talk about messing with people's minds.

Suddenly I See
    what? where am i? i don't recognize this planet...
    Unfortunately for my state (CT) its a no-go as well. You aren't allowed both a DL and a ID card.

I can't remember the last time i've had to show a DL at the bank though, usually just have to swipe my atm card and enter my pin. Never been there as Kaylee though.

Hugs
    Kaylee

unless homeland (cough..cough) security has changed the rules you can have a non real name on a checking account. even have two names on one account, and this not for a company but a personal account.

and if you go into "little mexico" aka los angles you can buy a real but fake dl from ca via them. only like $100usd.
    or in nevada they have what is know as a seasonal id card. but you have to ask for it most dmv clerks do not know about it.
    look into how your state is set up just maybe...