Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: To be Gay, or not to be?

To be Gay, or not to be?

I consider myself, more straight than bi. But sometimes I think it would be easier to be gay rather than straight. I could totally be myself!....But I love women. What do you think? What would be your ideal choice? Be honest, think about it, would being a gay cross dresser be less of a hassle than a straight CD?

I like women, I like women's clothes, I like femininity...sometimes I want to be a woman.
    I'm afraid I would be more happy being a lesbian even if I ever made a transition into femaledom, but that's just me.
    I have plenty of gay friends but I can't relate to them. I am me and I can't speak for anybody else.

Katrina, you bring up an interesting question, something I've wondered myself. I love women too, and I don't really find myself attracted to guys. I guess I could be slightly bi, and I wouldn't say that I would never consider being romantically attached to a guy. I guess if I met a TS I wouldn't be opposed to a relationship. But yes, I could see how it could be less complicated being gay and a CD instead of being straight and a CD. Just my $0.02.

I don't think it would be any easier to be strait or gay and crossdress... I've chatted with gay cd's who have the exact same issues straight cd's have. In a relationship with a guy and afraid to tell him that he likes to crossdress fearing he will dump him and run... Sexual orientation doesn't mater... Crossdressing complicates everything and anything... Imho.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Hi darling,I considered myself more straight than gay once,until,yes until my friend saw me dressed and asked if I would go to bed with him,I didnt hesitate in saying yes,why not. Since that day I have found that being gay is so much better than being straight. Also being a crossdresser allows me to feel more feminine when I can satisfy a man in this way. It gives the meaning of being a crossdresser,for me anyway,the ultimate fullfillment of why I dress.

I am Gay and on my opinion is a lot easier to be gay than CD..now if you ask me if is less hassle than be an heterosexual CD I think is the same hassle. The only positive thing about it is that people assuming you are Gay are always right

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I have been a CD longer than most of you on this forum have been alive! I certainly do like women, and I love their clothes! That is why I am a CD!! But under the satin and lace I am still a man, and proud of it! I am not Gay, and never will be!! If that is your thing, so be it! But it is not mine, and never has been or will be! Being straight and a CD has never been complicated for me, because I know who and what I am!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Katrinakat,

to be gay or lesbian or bi or straight is not a choice. neither is being a woman or man. all are individuals and all are different. being gay or lesbian does not make it easier to crossdress nor does it make it harder. Sexual preference is for the most part not dependent on your gender or gender expression.

be who you are and let the labels go. they serve no purpose except to divide and diminish all. to seperate all from each other.

Well, it might be easier to be gay. Public awareness of homosexuality is much better than for transgender. I think it is because trans people blur the lines that people think divide them from the gender-variant people.

Personally, I like femininity for myself and a partner. If there was ever a chance of me being interested in a male, he would need to be feminine. I can totally understand two MTF women as a couple, but I'm not sure that would count as gay. (I am married, so don't think I am looking for offers.)
    Juno Michelle Krahn

Normal people are weird. Stealth is another word for "in the closet".

This is a confusing question... If you're straight, meaning a man that loves being romantic with a woman, then your crossdressing "MAY" become an issue in that relationship as your female partner wants to be with a man.

If you're gay, meaning a man that loves being romantic with another man, then your crossdressing "MAY" become an issue in that relationship as your male partner wants to be with another man as he's not attracted to women, nor men who dress as women.

If you're a woman in a man's body, and you wish to be romantic with a man, then you're not gay.

If you're straight and only like women sexually, yet you transition and continue to be sexually romantic with women, then you're now gay.

But nevermind all that.. you are who you are and you like what you like... it does not matter what others think...

very good! that is why i am here. I am straight most of the times. I shave my legs and run to keep the weight in check. I adore the female and sometimes, most of the time strive to be more like her; however I was born male, and I am male and female too,,, yes Melina is me too, she is more of me in 40+ than ever before. Gay, Bi, who cares I am gay/Bi when dressed and Gay/Bi masc, but I must add the CD is the most difficult to entrust, we are so finicky it sucks because we can help each other, but tooooo cautious

MY two cents
    Melina

And when you are TS, a woman and find men intriguing. Then it's hetero again. This seems dependant if one value identity and self more then what is between the legs. I know I do, and consider myself hetero, and slightly lesbian. But these things are not very explored. But I have had wonderful evenings with men. Open doors, pay the taxy, it's all very nice. Love it. Another T sounds very interesting, but dunno where too find one.

how we each think of ourselves is complicated I'm GAY the bottom line

the real problem is the cross-dressing. or better still the fear of being found out you cross-dress why is it so bad that would be a great thread
    Last edited by MJ; 11-22-2010 at 11:37 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For what I've seen, this idea of it being 'easier' when it comes to relationships isn't how it works. Almost all gay men want to be with a person who looks like a man, especially in the bedroom, whether it is some butch bear type or a 120lb twink (whatever they're into). Now, in terms of accepting behavior outside of the typical masculine "norm", sure it's accepted more there, but I feel like they get tired of too much femininity after a while. It's like it can go only so far as being some flair or attitude and the drag thing is sort of novelty, and when it's all done, they want it done.

Sorry, anything trans or crossdressed is left for the margins, everywhere, still, now...

Quote Originally Posted by LitaKelley View Post
    This is a confusing question... If you're straight, meaning a man that loves being romantic with a woman, then your crossdressing "MAY" become an issue in that relationship as your female partner wants to be with a man.

If you're gay, meaning a man that loves being romantic with another man, then your crossdressing "MAY" become an issue in that relationship as your male partner wants to be with another man as he's not attracted to women, nor men who dress as women.

If you're a woman in a man's body, and you wish to be romantic with a man, then you're not gay.

If you're straight and only like women sexually, yet you transition and continue to be sexually romantic with women, then you're now gay.

But nevermind all that.. you are who you are and you like what you like... it does not matter what others think...
    As they say on Fark, "came here to say this, but LitaKelley beat me to it."

I just like women too much. I like how they look, in some ways how they act.

I don't hold a candle to how a woman moves when she walks. I look like a clumsy doof compared to a woman.

I love their syles too, but this is mostly a social restriction.

I couldn't even be intimate with Mana sama (a Japanese musician who can pull a very feminine appearance, who's work I greatly admire). I just don't like the male physique, I can barely stand my own...though I do like some features of mine.

I have tried being with a male, my best friend, and I was enfem...it did not work. He found me appealing, but I just did not find him attractive. LOL.

The great maker had fun wiring my brain.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by katrinakat
    I consider myself, more straight than bi. But sometimes I think it would be easier to be gay rather than straight. I could totally be myself!....But I love women. What do you think? What would be your ideal choice? Be honest, think about it, would being a gay cross dresser be less of a hassle than a straight CD?
    [SIZE="2"]I would prefer to be a homosexual crossdresser, but I wonder if dressing up as a woman would be really necessary for some kind of sexual expression on my part. Here in 2010, I’m not sure that there is a need for a certain type of dress, and if I were a homosexual male, why would I want to dress like a female? Who am I attracting? Gay males who would prefer to be with an effeminate male, in effeminate dress? If I’m “out” in terms of sexuality, why dress to express myself clandestinely? I just worry there would be no need for crossdressing, at least in a flamboyant, fun and obvious manner, but I know I could still be bisexual and dress to a certain degree – I’m doing that right now, as a matter of fact, and I’m happy…
    [/SIZE]

I think being gay would be easier. No, straight. I mean bi would. Then again, nothing is "easy". Wait, my ex was. Ok, I don't think either would be advantageous over the other. But attraction to CD/TS does entertain both attraction to females and curious attraction to just the physical parts of male.

Hmmmm, I used to be indecisive on this issue but now I'm not so sure.

Ok, I have made my decision. My final answer on this one is that I am not sure. of anything really...

More experimentation is required...jury is still "hung" on this one...

It is kind of like a "Mr/Ms. Potatoe Head" puzzle in my head right now.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don't think being part of a minority within a minority is going to make it easier. As others have said its not really about the dressing, its about the fear of being seen as different than the majority.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by katrinakat View Post

Gosh, don't ask me.

I was just standing here waiting for the bus...

Quote Originally Posted by shyselina View Post
    I am bi but never been with a man. I am only attracted to men sexually. I am attracted to women in all aspects. I know this sounds weird but its how I feel.
    I guess you are not alone; I feel the same way.

I guess I would be Bi. I wish what we are didn't really matter - but a big or small part of each of us knows that there are times when it does and it always affects us. I wish we could go out fully dressed whenever we wanted. When we did go out, we didn't even think about it. It would be like ," Oh, I'm going to wear jeans with a tube top - No, I'll wear a dress"
    and when we did, people would only notice if it was "Hot" , just attractive or OMG, what was that person thinking!" Everyone who has read any of my post knows that I have a bra fetish. I would love to be able to not think twice about instead of wearing a skirt on a certain day,to wear my man pants and shoes, but highlight my breast with a wonderful pushup bra. If some guy/gal was attracted by that look and my personality, we could go out. I've lately change my thoughts on sexuatility, now I think "Why Not". Isn't it really about sharing with another person and pleasure? Didn't the ancient Greeks, Romans and before eperience it? Probably some prude who could write, said that god (little letters because I don't think he was really talking to GOD) told him it was bad and everyone went along with that. Sorry for the rant - Now, no question Bi.

Suddenly I See
    what? where am i? i don't recognize this planet...
    Quote Originally Posted by LitaKelley View Post
    If you're straight, meaning a man that loves being romantic with a woman, then your crossdressing "MAY" become an issue in that relationship as your female partner wants to be with a man.

I subcribe to your reality

Hugs
    Kaylee

Quote Originally Posted by shyselina View Post
    I am bi but never been with a man. I am only attracted to men sexually. I am attracted to women in all aspects. I know this sounds weird but its how I feel.
    I'm bi and I've been with a man before, but never just a man, always with a woman too. Im not gay because I know in my heart I've never liked a guy like I like a girl. I know exactly what you are talking about. I'm not really attracted to a guy like "oh he's hot", its pretty much just a sexual in the heat of the moment kind of thing.

I don't know if it would be any easier to be gay or not, I feel like you may still struggle with the same problems that we already do. I don't think the grass is any greener on the other side.
    Always with love... from Sexy Lexxi!

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    Ok i'm not gay so i guess i have no basis of comparison but I would assume that either being gay or hetero and wanting to CD is going to be an issue.

GGs here may not agree but I have been told that some women (I'm talking GG here) don't like CDing because they may not be attracted to women and even understanding that it is their BF/husband/partner under all the makeup and clothes. They may also have issues with another "woman" in the relationship. Like i said this is what i have been told.

I assume for gays there is also an issue. I would assume most male gays are not attracted to women or else they would be attracted to them and that would obviously switch their sexual preference. I assume there will be exceptions for each case, but just my opinion.