Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: To be Gay, or not to be?

ur all right
    I love women but have a problem with liking men too
    cant stand to be around men when dressed because afraid they will find me out
    im straight and can live that way just fine

I consider my self bi leaning more towards the straight side although i would love to go on a date with a handsome guy. yet this is something i would never do in drab. i would never go on a date with another guy in drab because i don't identify my self as a homosexual individual. I would need to look and feel feminine and because wearing female clothing makes me feel my self, going out on a date with a guy would seem right to me, which in a sense makes me gay. so am i gay or am i not? and this is exactly where im confused about my whole sexual oriantation.
    Last edited by girlalex; 11-30-2010 at 02:33 AM.

I consider myself straight.

I've considered dating transwomen of varying stages of their transition (pre-op, post-op, and non-op). Why things never worked out, I guess they have the crazy part down... lol

I couldn't date another crossdresser (although I have no problem letting a fellow CD know that they're gorgeous, when opinion is sought, as I've done here).

I wouldn't sleep with a transvestite.

I do not find masculinity attractive and would not be inviting to any approaches a man made on me, regardless of my outer appearance.

I'd say I'm 85% attracted to genetic women, 15% attracted to transwomen, 0% remaining for the field.

Regardless of which I wind up with, I would hope that she's accepting of the fact that I cross-dress. I don't think that's something that's really worth hiding.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
    Oscar Wilde

Senior Member joannemarie barker's Avatar
    I think sometimes we go around the houses to find an answer here too much.
    Without meaning to offend anyone it boils down to one thing!
    If the image of a penis excites you-have fun if not go find a nice girl.

Aspiring Member

can you be certain?

Quote Originally Posted by Engendered View Post
    I'm very confused by this post. There are lots of straight crossdressers, or are you using a different meaning for the word straight?
    In my mind unless being a CD is just a fetish or some non-sexual hobby of some sort, I think we are not totally "straight" males. I like women and if I were dressed and seeking a sexual partner, I would only seek a woman, and that would make me a "lesbian of sorts". In male mode, I'm only attracted to women. I don't much care for men in any state of dress and have for most of my life, avoided them when possible. Perhaps that means I don't like myself much either since I'm a male.
    There are only "straight" cders on this forum by their admission--I have absolutely no way to verify that, and since I believe that human beings are so fabulously gifted at rationalization and justification, I tend to doubt the veracity of the stated preference-though soem have stated elsewhere that they too would be lesbians by choice. There just seems to be too much interest in dating CDs and right at the bottom of these very pages you will find links to cds by state, cd dating and tv dating links. That doesn't exist for nothing. search the web and most of the crossdressing websites seems dedicated to gay activity, search transgender and you will get a million hits of "trannies" "********" etc and 99 percent will be related to gay activity.
    I still haven't figured out what went on in my mind 50 or so years ago that led me on this path , but while I consider myself a heterosexual male in drab, would I be a lesbian in women's clothing, or if I had been born a female? My alltime favorite part of sex was always cunnilingus starting in my teen years. Each to their own taste!

sláinte
    Last edited by busker; 11-30-2010 at 09:26 PM. Reason: spelling and grammar

Quote Originally Posted by girlalex View Post
    I consider my self bi leaning more towards the straight side although i would love to go on a date with a handsome guy. yet this is something i would never do in drab. i would never go on a date with another guy in drab because i don't identify my self as a homosexual individual. I would need to look and feel feminine and because wearing female clothing makes me feel my self, going out on a date with a guy would seem right to me, which in a sense makes me gay. so am i gay or am i not? and this is exactly where im confused about my whole sexual oriantation.
    yes i agree im pretty much starting to think your way also.

New Member from Scotland paulinescotlandcd's Avatar
    For arguments sake let pretend I am a very strict vegetarian. However, at a friend's one night I am asked to try a large steak which has been beautifully cooked and most importantly covered in a delicious gravy. I just love the steak when it's covered in this gravy but could never eat in plain just out of the grill. Do you think after this I can still claim to be vegetarian if I continue to eat any meat providing it has a suitable sauce or gravy?
    I can't fathom how two crossdressers having "girlie fun" one night can still view themselves as straight is beyond me. In the final analysis it's two blokes having fun i.e. gay

to be honest when all dressed up i just need a women with that extra thing!! i don't consider it gay!!

hi paulinescotlandcd, i saw ur flickr. i am jealous of you bitch!! (mods pls dont zap me for this). u have a nice collection. let me shop this weekend n make u feel J wait n watch
    always luv
    reni

New Member from Scotland paulinescotlandcd's Avatar
    Thanks Asia, your jealousy has been noted - I will find the dress at some point in my life that when I put it on and look in the mirror I will look in my opinion like a woman. At present I still feel that I look like a bloke in a dress, all be it a very nice dress.

i love to be female. what ever is feminine i like it. I am straight but i often dream of being a girl. I dream being taken for date and having fun with my guy. I wish to be a girl dominated by a guy. but in real life, i am not so sure in being gay. I am not interested to men at all. But when I am dressed up as a girl and when i feel so girly. If a male treat me like a girl, i will get layed for him. I cannot resit the feel a girl can get to be in bed with her guy and lying in his chest warm.
    [SIZE="2"]With Love, Neha Shetty[/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    I consider myself more TS so a 'gay' relationship would mean i'm straight

I know what you mean though, if i hung out with the gay community more i'd probably be more myself. I've basically reprogrammed myself over the last few years to fit into the norm.

Isn't it more about simply about being who and what you are?

Aspiring Member

calling a spade a spade

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    Isn't it more about simply about being who and what you are?
    I think that is exactly what the original post was all about, and when we discover who and what we are, we will have to say what that is---OGM , a label--so that folks will know what and who we are. You may very well know those facts but keeping us in the dark does you absolutely no good as far as we are concerned. We cannot relate to you in any fashion without having some CLUE? N'est pas?
    "I am what I am, simply works if it is for a cartoon character.

I would want to know if you were a cop in drag on an undercover mission.

Still living... still learning... One day it will end... so until then...
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Aspiring Member

it's all about....

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    I consider myself more TS so a 'gay' relationship would mean i'm straight
    Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post

So, does this mean that you are going to transition to female at some point? {Pre-op, post-op, no-op?) Otherwise, isn't the rationalization we do so well. It goes like this: as a male, if I wear women's clothing and I'm hot on a guy, I can claim TS or TG and escape the "gay" attribute, when one should say, I like this or that guy, to hell with phoney dressing issue, I am "gay" and be done with it. Or bi- or whatever. It's all about calling a spade a spade.

[B]I know what you mean though, if i hung out with the gay community more i'd probably be more myself. I've basically reprogrammed myself over the last few years to fit into the norm.

Being honest with one's self despite what the stigma that might attach to the admission. If you are a CD and know deep down that you have a feminine bent that will not go away, it is better to "suffer the slings and arrows" than hide in a closet for a lifetime. As is oft said here, happiness in one's life is paramount to success as a human being.

Similarly, if being gay is who you are, than self admission and acceptance is the only way forward. You may not have to tell all the world, but certainly there are some to be trusted with your frankness.

As I said earlier, we are great and rationalization and justification, if only to avoid actually being candid with our innermost being. It is facile to just say i am what I am--it means that either one has not thought things through or has not thought about things at all. If you go for a job interview, no future employer wants to hear " I'm just me"--he wants to know more about that "me" and that requires actualyl thinking about who and what we are. The label helps us determine a place along the spectrum of human variation.

Secrecy only leads to a kind of schizophrenia that makes life damnably difficult
    Last edited by busker; 12-02-2010 at 06:46 PM. Reason: bolded wrong text

Banned Read only
    Folks:

Please remember that being gay is not just about who you go to bed with. It is who you go to bed with PLUS who you form romantic relationships with PLUS how you identify PLUS any number of other things. It's NOT just about Hide The Banana...

@flatlander_48

So someone can sleep with someone of the same sex and fall in love with people of the same sex and still not be gay? Other than bisexual what else could they be? Am I being dumb?
    -=CherryZips=-

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by CherryZips View Post
    @flatlander_48

So someone can sleep with someone of the same sex and fall in love with people of the same sex and still not be gay? Other than bisexual what else could they be? Am I being dumb?
    No, you're not being dumb. The only point here is that there are a number of factors to consider. If you sleep with someone of the same sex, it's not an automatic that you are gay. There are lots of questions to be asked, such as:

• Do you see yourself in a long term romantic relationship with this person?
    • Could you be attracted to others of the same sex, or just this person in particular?
    • Do you align yourself with gay politics?
    • Without hesitation, how do you see yourself?

How you answer these and other questions will determine where you are. It's just not as simple as many would have you believe. The thing is, people will always want to classify, categorize, segregate, etc. They're just trying to make it simple for themselves. In many cases, such as this one, the true does have a bit of complexity about it.
    Last edited by flatlander_48; 12-03-2010 at 08:30 AM.

Thank you flatlander_48 for your comment. As a gay male, I agree that being gay (or straight) is more than sex. If you are questioning whether you are gay, then ask yourself if you can see yourself long term in a relationship with a man. (This man may be masculine or feminine) Do you want to go to social events with this person, do you want to pay the mortgage with this person, do you want to have romantic dinners with this person? A good friend corrected me a few years ago by saying that "sexual orientation" is not really about sex, but who we fall in love with. So, who do you fall in love with? Yup, I like the fellas. Never been in love with a lady.
    Some boys just can't help acting like girls...

My pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mayatoronto/

Banned Read only
    "So, does this mean that you are going to transition to female at some point? {Pre-op, post-op, no-op?) Otherwise, isn't the rationalization we do so well. It goes like this: as a male, if I wear women's clothing and I'm hot on a guy, I can claim TS or TG and escape the "gay" attribute, when one should say, I like this or that guy, to hell with phoney dressing issue, I am "gay" and be done with it. Or bi- or whatever. It's all about calling a spade a spade."

Not sure where the above came from it was in post #67
    Yes i'm no-op because i have children and it is my choice not to do anything. I'm hot on plenty of guys (as in finding attractive) whether i'm in women's clothing or not and i have no need to escape the "gay" attribute. What i really want to give a guy i don't have
    Last edited by Deborah; 12-03-2010 at 02:07 PM.

Senior Member joannemarie barker's Avatar
    I could totally live in an ltr with a guy.I already live with a guy,just not in a relationship way

I think it's probably easier, in the sense of having a dating pool, to be either a straight non-CD man or a gay man than to be either a Bi-CD or a straight CD. The men who prefer CD/TV ladies to gender girls or men are a relatively small part of the population, and the gender girls who are willing to even contemplate the idea of having a relationship with a CD are as rare as hen's teeth, at least in my experience. For the purpose of that answer, I'm using the terms Bi-CD and Gay CD as being sort of Co-Evals.

I think the original poster was just tossing an idea out for discussion, but I don't think for a second that we can consciously make our choices of who or what appeals to us sexually based on what is convenient. We are what we are psychologically and physically, whether it's nurture or nature which is the cause is irrelevant. A person is either going to follow his or her impulses and needs or not. For whatever psychological reasons which sit in my brain, I'm not nearly as interested in men when I'm in drab, and I'm not nearly as interested in women when I'm dressed, for whatever that information is worth. I am, however, happier now that I'm active as a Bi-CD than when I was married and both trying to hide my wardrobe and suppress my sexual impulses.

Quote Originally Posted by joannemarie barker View Post
    If the image of a penis excites you-have fun if not go find a nice girl.

Yup, I like the fellas too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar
    Wow, this one peaked my interest. I read several of the comments hoping to establish more clarity on my position.........I have always been straight all my life. Over the last year or so I am attracted to pretty CDs..... I have never found the male image one bit attractive; however, in pretty female wrappings, I think I might be more than curious !
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn