Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you change outfits frequently during a crossdressing session?

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    I day for the day and then I change into my pajamas and go asleep.

Em
    Living with a heel in each world.

I can't usually be dressed for more than a couple of hours so I prefer to use the time enjoying the clothes rather than chopping and changing. Sometimes, though, if I can make the change quickly - different skirt, different colour stockings or tights - I go ahead and do it. If a change is needed right down to underwear it takes too long and I simply make a note to do things differently next time.

Great topic, Ria. (nice photos, too!) Yeah, I'm a 15-year-old girl when it comes to clothes/jewelry/makeup, because I love it so much I pick out an outfit then my mind starts wandering about changing it with a different top, so back to the closet I go. And I don't even have the excuse of limited dressing time! My wife will see me walk through the house dressed to the nines, then come back through 15 minutes later wearing something casual. She just laughs. I could play dress-up for a living. I just want to dive into a big pile of clothes and shoes. I told my wife a couple of nights ago that I just want to wear everything I have at once so I don't have to keep changing. Made no sense, really, except that it's like putting my arms around everyone I love all at once.

Seriously, how can anyone look down on us as crossdressers?? It's the most beautiful and harmless activity!

Gold Member
    Put me in the group where I put something on and that is it whether it is for 1 or 12 hours, whether I am staying in or out. There will be rare changes, but that is when the plans change.

Not lately, I have a nice summer dress and longline cardi I simply adore but always like to see if this goes with this and that goes with that and if I alter that will it go with this. How bout if I mix n match too? Decisions, decisions never get answered just create more decisions to be answered when I get to another decision. OMG then its shoes, like does that outfit look better or worse with this pair of shoes or that other pair? Then it becomes makeup, which style goes best with that outfit. Like in male mode its usually that old worn T shirt and the trusty boardies and that is all, who cares. As soon as I go Female mode it is argghhh, got to look nice. Giggling as I flick through the sales brochures for Xmas, women's section of course.

not usually because wen fully dressed I am out and about, shopping, shopping.,

the happy camper
    Quote Originally Posted by mklinden2010 View Post
    What is a "session"?

What happened to having a life?
    I have a wife and two wonderful children. I homeschool the kids and take care of the house while my wife works. My wife and I have agreed that the kids need a father, and that, while it's okay for them to occasionally see me dressed up for a particular event, it's better that I not spend my time around them dressed en femme. Therefore, my dressing is mostly limited to those times when the kids are not around. Sometimes that's only for a few hours, but during that "session" I'll do a complete dress up and usually try on more than one outfit. Sometimes we're able to get rid of the kids overnight so that we can have a girls' night in. For those times I'll pick one outfit and stay with it until bedtime.

Hopefully, that answered both of your questions.

Unless I'm going out in the evening I don't put to much thought in to it panties, bra, jeans, tee shirt, socks usually in that order oh yeah and a few spritz of body mist down there. This is of course after I spend 30 min fussing over my makeup. Hey that's way better than 2 hours like I use to.

Of course it wasn't always like that and back when I was thoroughly closeted and only had a few things none of which matched or looked good together or good on me I just put what ever felt good on. Some times that was all of it! Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ria View Post

so you want to enjoy as many outfits as possible?

Or do you pick something out, then keep that on until you're done?
    [SIZE="3"]I change often, trying on several combination's.... so many different skirts..... so many different colors... so many different moods [/SIZE]
    It was like that when I got here... I wasn't here when that happened...Second shift musta done that...

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    i agree with Karren, i wont dress up just for an hour or two. i want a block of time just to hang out. i might as well take some pictures then and then i might as well try out that new outfit i picked out..... so the answer would be yes!

Quote Originally Posted by mklinden2010 View Post
    What is a "session"?

What happened to having a life?

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie86 View Post
    I have a wife and two wonderful children. I homeschool the kids and take care of the house while my wife works. My wife and I have agreed that the kids need a father, and that, while it's okay for them to occasionally see me dressed up for a particular event, it's better that I not spend my time around them dressed en femme. Therefore, my dressing is mostly limited to those times when the kids are not around. Sometimes that's only for a few hours, but during that "session" I'll do a complete dress up and usually try on more than one outfit. Sometimes we're able to get rid of the kids overnight so that we can have a girls' night in. For those times I'll pick one outfit and stay with it until bedtime.

Hopefully, that answered both of your questions.
    Thank YOU Sophie.

you're lifestyle may include a fully open CD lifestyle or something in between... good for you. Like Sophie, I have two little girls who need a father and that's what I'll deliver- not something alternative, my choice. I can delve into the "grey area" later when they're older. Moreover, I love being a guy as much as I do a girl. So yes... I have crossdressing sessions. Sometimes my time is short, sometimes several hours.

In response to your comment "What happened to having a life". I have a great life and my crossdressing sessions are meaningful and fulfilling.
    Last edited by az_azeel; 11-28-2010 at 05:40 PM. Reason: removed busker and mklinden as you have quoted the parts needed

Aspiring Member

I don't go out

I'm simply a dress at home person but I do stay dressed until bedtime. Dressing and undressing and redressing sounds awfully neurotic. Pick an outfit, dress and then do something. I read the news, read the threads here or do things that need to be done--I don't want to just sit around "lookin' cute". that is what I meant and I think MKLINDEN meant as well.by " having a life". Otherwise it seems to turn the pleasure of dressing into something akin to a shopping spree at the local store.

I'm fortunate enough to have time, so I don't dress unless I have all day. It takes me upwards of two hours to get ready.

I dress to go out -- once I got the experience, voice and confidence, it's so much more fun than staying indoors.

If I'm going clubbing after a day out, I'll usually stop back in the evening to change outfits and redo my makeup.

But if I just stop off for a drink and a bite in my local bar, I'll wear what I've had on all day.

-- Diane

If its to do a photo shoot...then yes. I change a million time
    If its just another day...then no. Unless I really really don't like how the outfit looks and feels on me at that time.

I straddle both camps...when I have a bunch of new stuff that hasn't been tried on, I will spend the time going through the outfits to see how they look and make me feel. Other times, I will get dressed and stay that way for as long as I can. Rarely it is more than a couple hours...3 tops although I do have an opportunity every two months to spend 3 hours for a few nights in one week.

a bit nutty
    I rarely have more than a couple of hours so yes. I change frequently and I get bored with what I have. That's when the pink fog hits and I go out shopping. So its either I have the time to shop, or I have time to dress.

Ginger

When I first returned from an overseas deployment a couple of months ago everytime I dressed I changed outfits every 30 minutes! LOL I had to catch up for 12 months of lost time... Now that things have settled down a bit, when lounging at home (I have the benefit of being single since I returned from deployment) I tend to dress as most GGs do at home... comfortable! Of course undergarments and my wig, but my outfit depends on what i am doing; cooking, chores, watching TV, etc. Right now in a pair of pink sweatpants and pink trimmed white sweatshirt, on the couch watching football I glance down at my passion pink painted toe-nails and am comforted that I am just another girl enjoying a football game!

I guess a part of my journey is being comfortable in my own skin, knowing that Lisa Jennifer is present no matter what I have on. Does a GG wearing jeans and a t-shirt make her any less of a woman? Of course not! So also with me, I may be ##### outwardly when I go to work or the grocery store, but in my heart, and at home and when I am out en femme I am all LJ!

Do I love to dress? Of course. I have my Thanksgiving dinner planned for later this afternoon, and keeping with the tradition of my family of origin plan to shower, shave, and dress semi-formally, including make-up and all the trimmings... including my pearls! This is one girl who loves to keep up those old Southern Traditions.... Mamosa's anyone???
    [SIZE="3"]XOXOX,
    Jenn
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]"GIRLS WITH PEARLS"
    The Essence of a Woman
    [/SIZE]

No ! Because I live as a woman 24/7 I dress as the occasion dictates. House cleaning & laundry clearly dictates appropriate attire, for me, shorts and top, for clubbling/dating more sexually stimulating clothing is more fitting.( Lol ). Bedtime attire is entirely another matter.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Yes I do...always one naughty and other nice

I like to change all the time because I don't dress up all that often for the time being. I will try on several different things but almost always end up wearing my favorite dress at the end of it all.

Not a session per se Hon but I have done it during a show between dance numbers.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I'm an uncomplicated soul, I get dressed for the day ahead and stay that way.

Truth, Love, Freedom Angiemead12's Avatar
    depends on my mood, if I have my camera out yes I will put on another outfit for some memories!

When I first was able to dress openly in front of my wife I used to try all sorts of clothes on, just trying to find a 'look' that suited me.

Nowadays I tend to have a 3 mornings where I could dress-up, and when I do I usually stay in one outfit.

Of course when I do get a few new outfits I try them all on

When I dress, I usually have 4-5 hours at a time to do it, and I try to fit in as many outfits as possible in that time.