Thread: Unconsciously reverting back to your male voice when socializing with other CD's

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city

Unconsciously reverting back to your male voice when socializing with other CD's

Has this ever happened to any of you?, I mean the seasoned experienced ones who have been out and about in public and explicitly use a half way decent female or at least androgynous voice when interacting with the public, SA's waitresses, clerks and people in general. You do it because you have to, as so not to be read. But when you're together(dressed) in the presence of your Tg, CD friends at a bar or social event no matter how hard you planned to use that same female voice with them, you inevitably revert back to your male voice within a short time and the two of you are talking like a couple of guys( voice wise) deportment and gestures not withstanding; its still not the same as using your special practiced voice in public. I always swear on my ride down to a gathering of friends
    "that I'm not going to slip and revert to male voice, I simply will not! But always do. Has this happened to you. How do you cure it?
    Last edited by Megan70; 11-23-2010 at 11:45 PM.

All the time and my pseudo femme voice is not that good to start with. However, I do notice that sometimes I am able to maintain it for a longer period of time until old me comes back. It doesn't bother me, because I never stop talking to everyone.

I guess that's why it's called "constant practice" ... even more bothersome to me than "reverting" when in the company of other CD s , is that I'll do it when shopping in a familiar store. Get all pretty, go out, walk into favorite store, all the assistants know me and will be happy to help. A bit of chit chat begins and wammo the old "guy" voice happens. When it does, I get upset with myself, BUT try very hard to not stay there and change tone to a "proper" voice.

For me, being aware of my habit, and doing what had to be done to correct it is the key. This isn't for everybody, but I've found that I'm modifying my tone a bit when dealing with customers, not quite total girl ... but not what I used to use. Practice at all times seems to help me a bit.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

I do try to sound as feminine as I can but I am always worried that I sound a bit like a characature of what a TV sounds like so I tend to go about halfway. Still sound like myself only I try to make it as soft as I can. I can pretty much keep that going I guess. :-)

It's somewhere between the way things are and being comfortable being yourself. No need for expalnations nor excuses my friend.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

my femme voice is not that good. so when out with friends i relax and can be me male voice and all
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yep, all the time. My female voice is best in short, sweet spurts but when I'm with people I'm comfortable with, male female or in between, I naturally relax and have noticed that my voice slips down an octave...it takes a lot of energy to maintain that female voice!

I only have one voice and rarely ever changes unless I have been talking a lot and it gets hoarse because if dryness and smoking to much

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Is it really that important to put on a voice when your interacting with ppl.ive never had any cause to put one on as i dont think it makes a blind bit of difference to anyone you will encounter when you are out,in any case I sound like a monty python creation when I try
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city
    Quote Originally Posted by t-girlxsophie View Post
    Is it really that important to put on a voice when your interacting with ppl.ive never had any cause to put one on as i dont think it makes a blind bit of difference to anyone you will encounter when you are out,in any case I sound like a monty python creation when I try
    What does a monty python creation sound like?
    Aye Lassie give us sample there will ya,? I can hear ya across the pond now!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

You're TOO RITE, Megan!

I went to the big CD/TS conference in Atlanta this year, determined to use my "female" voice!

However, other that just a handfull of girls, everyone else used their everyday guy voices! So, I was too ashamed to practice my feeble fem sound there!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I have a voice that a speech therapist once described as "the total masculine voice!" In almost 70 years of being a CD, I have never tried to disguise it! It is just too much work!! I am a crossdresser, and I talk like the man that I really am. If you don't like my voice, don't listen to it!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Voice

A lot of older ladies develop a sort of low-ish baritone voice, so at age nearly 69 I don't have to immitate any husky-voiced harlot. I don't bother changing anything in that department.
    I sing in a small choir which like most is short of tenors. Our tenor section is padded out with no fewer than four ladies who have no difficulty singing in that range.

All the time. I feel rediculous using my feminine voice when I am with other TG's/CD's except when we are out in public. With my gf I will forget myself sometimes and my voice will become more male until I catch myself.

I have a pretty decent femme voice, but I notice that it slips a bit when I'm with other T-girls, especially those whose voices aren't femme.

It never goes back to full-boy, but my intonations (called prosody) take a hit.

My voice is at it's best when chatting with natal women (a term I prefer to GG).

-- Diane

I have a pretty decent femme voice, but I notice that it slips a bit when I'm with other T-girls, especially those whose voices aren't femme.

It never goes back to full-boy, but my intonations (called prosody) take a hit.

I'm out so much that my femme voice is pretty automatic. But it took years to get to that point.

-- Diane

Aspiring Member

"You'll get used to it."

I have never bothered with a different voice and I often wonder why other people try.

Plenty of non-CD men have high "female" voices and many "regular" women have low-as-a-generic-male voices.

We all seem to get along fine.

Quote Originally Posted by mklinden2010 View Post
    I have never bothered with a different voice and I often wonder why other people try.

Plenty of non-CD men have high "female" voices and many "regular" women have low-as-a-generic-male voices.

We all seem to get along fine.
    I agree. Even on my oh so rare en femme occasions I've never enjoyed bothering with a femme voice, and I rarely find one that is pleasant to the ears, they usually sound very forced and overly falsetto or breathy. I prefer it when other CDs drop the effort around me and just talk comfortably. I honestly think that when they do they usually naturally feminize their voices better anyway.
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

It would be very difficult for me to adopt a totally femme voice - I am a basso profundo. So I don't even try to raise my voice to a feminine pitch. If I tried it, it would sound forced.

However I can talk breathier and with more variations of pitch.
    Last edited by JohnH; 11-25-2010 at 08:23 AM.
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him