Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stress Relief

Aspiring Member Michelle Crossfire's Avatar

Stress Relief

I was wondering, for me, dressing serves as a bit of a stress relief, especially since my wife told me she likes when i dress, but still wants the man at times for her female needs (if you get my drift). I was wondering, Is stress in one's life a contributing factor to one's desire to dress? Does this apply to anyone?

It could I suppose but if one has no stress evidently something else drives it.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Silver Member
    Absolutely it does for me! it actually works both ways. If i can dress my stress level goes down and i can handle more tough stressful situations (job is very stressful) without over reacting. When i can't dress my 'baseline" stress level is higher and my tolerance for more stress is lessened. here have been times, when dressed that i felt like i was in nirvana! Very memorable times that I aim to replicate! These are often when i can dress an be in a really safe welcoming place!

For me, I don't think that stress drives my crossdressing, nor does crossdressing relieve stress. But when the way that I present on the outside more closely matches the way that I feel on the inside, I feel more in balance. And when I'm in balance, I can handle stress much better than when I'm off balance.

Grace,
    Bobbi

Yes, I think stress is an aspect of my cross dressing. If I haven't let Paula out for a spin in a while, I can tell my stree level is elevated. And the coralary, if Paula has had a nice outing, I feel much better. I can't put a finger on it but it seems to work this way. Could be an aspect of the excitement/adrenalin rush much the same as exercise. Not sure of that logic, but there could be some there. I just know how things tick with me.

Paula

a bit nutty
    Big time. More stress, more dress.

I know that when being able to dress my stress levels are higher and my temperment is poor. Conversley when I dress I find that I'm more tolorant and relaxed and enjoy myself alot. Not sure if that helped, but in my case dressing has a claming effect. I am more friendly and easier to be around when I get to dress often, so less stress I guess might be the answer.

I know I'm much happier when I dress. It relieves some stress in my life. But I think it's more the girl in me.
    Angie

When I dress....no stress. With or without stress I would still dress, as it is a part of who I am.

It is for me, if Erica does not get to play for awhile I become a little edgy(sp). When she does come out, especially when I go out, it almost seems to melt away.Erica

Aspiring Member Michelle Crossfire's Avatar
    Stress does not have to be a reason to dress, but by dressing, do you experience some level of relief in the stress of daily life, either dressed or not? Do you think you are a more relaxed person because you dress? How has it affected your life?

Not really. Over all it would be less stress if I wound just set in front of the tv and watch the Real Housewives of Atlanta..... But no I have to spend hours getting ready and making a mess then go out enfemme somewhere and that's never stressless... And then back and clean up....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Sometimes i feel a release of stress when i dress and i have noticed with me i want to dress more when i get more stress in my life.

Aspiring Member
    Happy is as happy does.

It definitely relieves stress for me. Maybe its been that way for a while since I'm a high strung person but only been giving in to my impulses this last month
    My GF calls me Sasha since being lost in the fog

I think sometimes it is stress relief, but more often, it's when there isn't enough stress and I have a too much time on my hands (if that makes any sense).

My main stress is the stress from not being able to women's clothes whenever I like. So, from that standpoint, yes, dressing does relieve a stressor.

for a long time stress relief was the reason, but not anymore. Now I dress because it is more fun to go out as Michelle
    Michelle

Gold Member
    When I get irritable and cranky over something; My wife often says
    "Why don't you go put on your Bra or something" So I guess dressing
    has a way to calm me down at least. Rader

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire
    I was wondering, is stress in one's life a contributing factor to one's desire to dress? Does this apply to anyone?
    [SIZE="2"]I dress to relieve stress, but the funny thing is I can’t dress if I’m overly stressed. I equate dressing with calmness, in a space I’ve set aside especially for this purpose. If my mind is preoccupied with real life pressing down on me, dressing diminishes. But, even in the most trying of times I seek to get back to my feminine oasis with its attendant feeling of peace...[/SIZE]

I feel the stress melt away when I dress. I just wish I had more time to dress up.

Wink Oh Yeah!!

Being able to come home from the high stress BS of my job and become Kaitlin is a life saver for me! There are things I do everyday like underdressing that help, but being able to kick back on my love seat wearing a soft lacey bra and forms, a little makeup and my long night gown, prop up my feet with my fuzzy slippers is such a wonderful feeling!!! My whole outlook changes, and to make it even better, my Wife loves it too!!!
    I love Jesus!
    Life is so much better now that I know who I am !

It does seem like sometimes I feel like coming home and slipping into a nice skirt, dress or lingerie.

Kymmie
    Just your average harley riding crossdressing biker

Why be normal??????

stress relief

A wonderful relief to a hard day.when i really stress .the little girl me comes out at home
    nothing less stressful than playing with dolls

An interesting thread! I regretably have to agree - when I don't dress for a while, the stress DOES build up. Have just gone for a couple of months without Polly coming out of the closet. Last week, I just couldn't stand it any longer so out came Polly. Feel a lot better now and maybe, if SWMBO agrees, tonight's the night again...

xx Polly R