Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How masculine are you in your everyday life?

i rate myself a 2 very closeted about my hobby

I would have to say a 3.

Oh, I'd say 2. When I'm not wearing a double pocketed shirt with items in the pockets, I'm sure people are thinking ," mmm he's got manboobs." Little do that know that those "girls" are being held by a bra with panties down below.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by maya1love
    A question for the part-time crossdressers in the forum. I was wondering how masculine you would consider yourself to be when you are not dressed or in drab?
    On a scale of 1 to 10, "1" being very very masculine, and "10" being very very feminine, where do you fit in your daily life, when you are not paying attention to your mannerisms or "practicing" or anything like that? I will start -- as a gay male who's mannerisms are probably "in the middle", I probably average at a 5.
    [SIZE="2"]Maybe an 8, or 7 on bad days. I strive for 10. Just ask my sister! Since I’m essentially “part-time,” I pay attention to my mannerisms. It’s easy to be talking to another male and automatically start to cross my arms over my chest – I can feel the arms coming up, then I stop, conscious of this overtly masculine gesture. I always do things with my feminine nature in mind, even though I’m not dressed as I would like to be. I often change the subject away from male interests, or show interest in feminine things in front of other males (that’s fun!). I don’t consider myself to be very masculine at all, yet I’m not allowed to express that fact in the open. I can blend in easily, but I know the truth…
    [/SIZE]

Until a few months ago, easily a .5 but lately I'd say 5 ish...

As I modeled on my mother (loved to watch Mommy putting on lipstick, never watched Daddy shave), plus dressing for years and dreaming about it, I probably have more feminine mannerisms than I realize. I have had people I worked with for years think I was gay--and be shocked when I told them I wasn't--so I must be broadcasting something. And I'm very comfortable with that.

I do know that when I am dressed it is easy for me to get into the swing of things, so to speak, as there's not a lot I have to adjust.

So, what number? Mostly six, I guess. Seven or eight after midnight.

Lallie

PS: Is it a male or female trait to wear your bra inside out? I did that yesterday--by mistake, of course--and when I removed it late last night I had a little rosette embossed over my breastbone.

In my defense it was a new seamless microfiber bra, so pretty shapeless off, and I had pulled it over my head because the closures were balky. I want my mommy.
    Time for a change.

the happy camper
    I have both masculine and feminine traits, and I let the situation determine which ones dominate at a given time. I would say that I range between 3 and 8, but probably spend more time around 4-5.

Quote Originally Posted by danaillecd View Post
    i rate myself a 2 very closeted about my hobby
    I would have to agree with Danaille. When in male mode, I don"t give off any clues that I cd part time.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    3.14159265.... Engineered masculinity, rounded towards enfeminity...
    Karren, would that make you a cutie pi?
    Inside every good man, there is a good woman.

I'm not sure where to place myself.

I have been referred to as a S.N.A.G. (Sensitive, New Age, Guy), so I guess I run the gamut depending on the situation. I am a big diesel driving demon, so some folk think I can be pushy, but I almost always give way to the little ones.
    Inside every good man, there is a good woman.

Quote Originally Posted by LALady View Post
    PS: Is it a male or female trait to wear your bra inside out? I did that yesterday--by mistake, of course--and when I removed it late last night I had a little rosette embossed over my breastbone.

In my defense it was a new seamless microfiber bra, so pretty shapeless off, and I had pulled it over my head because the closures were balky. I want my mommy.
    Lalallie,

I think that may be a youngster trait

at least the last time I remember doing that I was about seven and was corrected by granny very quickly and shown proper way to put on. (way way to big)

Danni

Probably somewhere near 3. I don't walk around telling woman how masculine I am like a 1 probably does and not having a whole lot of macho male character or sports skills, but being skilled at many male activities like building and fixing stuff and enjoyment driving anything with an engine on it moved me up on the scale. ...how about this too, we should rate how feminine we are when dressed... I would say a 7 because I can fool most of the people some of the time and I can't pull of the valleygirl attitude or speak like a woman should.
    Chickie

I'd say I'm a 2-3. I like being a man, it makes becoming a woman more satisfying.

I'm an 8 or 9

I am probably about an 8. I have mostly "male" hobbies and interests, but my presentation has always been soft, non-assertive, nurturing, feminine. Now that I also largely dress the part (hair, nails, makeup, earrings, heels most of the time), there's no way I can be mistaken for "macho" (if there ever was).

This hasn't been great for my romantic life, but I get along well with the people around me and am well respected for my skills and opinions on things.

- Diane

Truth, Love, Freedom Angiemead12's Avatar
    Id like to think 2 but probably a 5, I do have plucked eyebrows and long hair!

Truth, Love, Freedom Angiemead12's Avatar
    "I like that!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca Sue View Post
    I like being a man, it makes becoming a woman more satisfying.

a bit nutty
    I asked my wife if she thought I was a "macho man", she put near laughed herself onto the floor! Sooo... I guess that puts me somewhere around a 6 +/-.5!

Ginger

I would say about a 2. I am totally a "guy" and really even though I do love women's clothes I feel very awkward and out of place with trying to "be" feminine. That being said, I make sure that my nails are done always (clear for the fingers and a nice red on my toes )

Quote Originally Posted by Angiemead12 View Post
    "I like that!"
    It's great having the best of both worlds!!

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Gee, I don't know ... not very manly at all, but not excessively girly either. I'd say 6 or 7.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

A good question, I thought I was a but out of the norm by being a 1 or 2.

You have provoked some thinking, you have Let's see...I hit the gym regularly and love my weight training. I'm bald (by choice). I don't appear to have overtly "feminine" gestures or characteristics but do use my hands a fair bit. On the other hand, I seem to develop an instant rapport with my gay friends, have a ton of women friends and prefer hanging with them to the testosterone driven male type conversations. Am happy to go shopping with women (this is more common now though).

So where does that put me? I would think 3.5/4. You tell me if I"m off the mark?

Quote Originally Posted by Danni Bear View Post
    ...I think that may be a youngster trait

at least the last time I remember doing that I was about seven...
    Well I'm no youngster, Danni, so I must be regressing.

Lallie
    Time for a change.

I'm pretty easygoing. Not that assertive. Go to yoga with the girls. Probably a 6.