Thread: Outed by this site...it could happen to you. Skip it if you don't care.

Outed by this site...it could happen to you. Skip it if you don't care.

[SIZE=4] Yesterday I was reading like another sisters thread and was so shocked as well as so totally saddened by what she wrote. It seems she had made the full journey to womenhood including the SRS part of it. Obviously she continued her membership here and did not abandon her other sisters. I'm sure she had made good friends and felt secure amongst her peers. She had then went out in the world as the full women that she is and met a guy with whom she had like "clicked". OMG, life is good. My dream is being realized or wutever, finally. Arraignments were made to meet in person or wutever, but the guy somehow took it upon himself to Google her name before the meeting. Long story short, some of her posts or other reference appeared from this site and upon clicking that reference the guy was brought right here. Don't know how far he was allowed in but of course the whole thing went south and she has now been downgraded to a "friend maybe" or worse and of course I can only imagine how tore up she is and depressed inside. To go through all the c**p of simply becoming ourselves and then have this happen. I was so in shock at what happened and at such a loss for words to try to comfort her, I just let it be. Nothing can possibly comfort someone in this sort of betrayal.
    Anyway I then typed my name into Google and some stuff came up which I was familiar with from before and had already done a small limited amount of damage control or wutever on anyway. BUT.....imagine my surprise when a reference to a post from like a week or so before, the only one of thousands I have read or in this case responded to on this site over the last 3-4 years, appeared with my first ever "edit" along with the administrator/moderator that had performed said edit. I clicked the reference and was instantly transported to this site to that post. Of course there were all the other posts in that thread that could compromise the contributors, but scrolling down to mine I then clicked on my picture and was instantly taken to my profile. There was my picture as well as ability to access all my previous threads and posts as well as all my friends pics and availability to go to their profiles. I'm not like sure if just anyone could go beyond my profile who is just a "visitor", but obviously they can get plenty of info as per that poor sister's dilemma.
    Although I am like so totally 100% out or wutever, I am now like seriously at a loss of what to do concerning this. I feel betrayed as I have always been fully honest and upfront in this site as I felt safe here and amongst my sisters and all their innermost secrets. If a admin/moderator is reading this....well please tell me why this one "edited" post or any posts here hit Google or worse yet every other Yahoo,Hotmail,twitter or wutever all cyber crap out there??? Sadly now I guess I'll have to go and change my avatar into a meaningless cartoon or wutever
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]and post guarded info, in other words...go into the closet or hiding which I've never done , neither of which is an heartfelt option with me. I don't and never had hidden anything in my day to day life except on a need to know basis, decided by me alone. What others say behind my back is beyond my control, but at least I doubt that it's out there in cyberspace or wutever.
    On another note, I'm also listed in Google as a member of a local live steam railroad club, where I am totally out as a pre op TG/TS and accepted as the girl I am, but it puts out a public newsletter which I knew was fair game and that now explains where some sleeze ball collection agency got that phone number to bug them about how to contact me regarding some charged off credit card thingie. The club of course told them it was none of their business to give out member info. Geez I'm like sooo totally pi**ed off right now.
    So let it out ppl........even though we are educated about putting stuff out there, identity theft,scammers,schemers,hackers...all of it...would this like not be the last place those of us trying to fully be and share ourselves supporting this community would expect to be outed?

[/SIZE]

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    I understand what you are saying, but the way you descibe the situation, She 'outted' herself. Anything you post or enter online, can eventually tracked back given enough information and dogged tenacity. The safest rule of thumb for the internet is "Never post anything, you would not say to a person face to face in a crowded room". Just typing in a persons name will generaly pull up whatever that person has posted under that name for the past 30 years. You cannot blame a forum or a website for what someone did to themselves. It is very easy to put togeather a profile of a person, just based on their name and city.

Web sites are searched by the major and minor search engines to index what is posted. there is very little a site administrator can do to stop this from occuring, its how the internet keeps things updated and organized. It's a function of the internet, not the website.

I really don't blame the young man for checking her out. It's sad that he had to end the relationship that way, but this is the Information Age.

If you don't want anyone to learn your "secrets" don't post online.
    Last edited by Nigella; 11-29-2010 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Link does not go anywhere
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

I think it's safe to say, as soon as you put something on the net it's there forever for anyone to see. Even if you take it down there is always the chance someone has copied it and put it up somewhere else. Hence my reluctance to post pictures on here, or use a real name that could be traced back to me.
    Be careful what you post and always assume people will see it. Remember a secret only stays secret if only ONE person knows.

Oops sorry Kelly, wasn't trying to copy your opinion, it just took me a lot longer to post from my Blackberry lol
    Last edited by Nigella; 11-29-2010 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Merged consecutive posts

She didn't tell him they used to be on the same team???
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly DeWinter View Post
    I'm not sure about the "New Ettiqute", but that might be a third date discussion.
    Guess I'm old school.. "Hi.. Glad to meet you... I used to have one of those too!". Third sentence maybe!! Lol.

.......My Photos

Tried the other link...Kewl I'm Search Results Results: 1 through 0 of 0 (0.002 secs)
    You searched for: Marsea P**** and note what a quick learner or wutever I am, censored last name in this post, in case it like goes viral LOL.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Anything that can be read by a non-registered visitor is indexed by Google. This is long-standing site policy, not an accidental oversight. The Google Ads help offset the costs of running the forum.

This has never been secret; it has been raised several times, including in Forum Issues, and in this MTF section. Any regular reader would have had multiple opportunities to read about it.

If someone doesn't want to be outed, they should NEVER post a real name on this site. To me, that's just common sense. Being one that never wants my loved ones to know about my secret side, I never post anything resembling my real name, or even my face. Just not worth the risk.

Quote Originally Posted by sandra-leigh View Post
    Anything that can be read by a non-registered visitor is indexed by Google. This is long-standing site policy, not an accidental oversight. The Google Ads help offset the costs of running the forum.

This has never been secret; it has been raised several times, including in Forum Issues, and in this MTF section. Any regular reader would have had multiple opportunities to read about it.
    OK my bad, I'll readily admit I'm like not one to read all the fine print so I guess we all get what we deserve. It just enforces you get wut you paid for I guess.....really a shame....and overall a great site. So I think now I have nothing to complain about...I guess..but I'm still feelin' so totally bad how it played out for the other sister. I've had to develop a pretty thick oily skin along with a great sense of weird humor to get like where I have but hope I never get into a similar situation.

Most likely it wasn't her real name when she posted it but it bacame her real name after she jumnped ship! Hell I just gave my real name to the MAC store. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by danielletorresani View Post
    If someone doesn't want to be outed, they should NEVER post a real name on this site. To me, that's just common sense. Being one that never wants my loved ones to know about my secret side, I never post anything resembling my real name, or even my face. Just not worth the risk.

.......My Photos

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Quote Originally Posted by danielletorresani View Post
    Just a FYI, you post enough information already to be tracked by a novice ****h. Danielle Torresani, is a great start.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Untitled
    This has recently been discussed in forum issues, this is not a Crossdressing subject and is now closed.
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another