Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think I know what we all have in common! (besides XDR)

Smile I think I know what we all have in common! (besides XDR)

That's my new way of abbreviating crossdressing by the way... "XDR"...an alternative to CDing which implies we listen to CDs (compact disc's) ...music lovers.

Anyhow, I think what we all have in common is that we all like our "alone time"; not to say you like to be alone all the time. But when you are, you don't mind it. You enjoy the alone time- dressed pretty preferred but not necessarily. You need to have your alone time at some point, as a way of resetting.

Wrong or spot on?

...XDR sounds like a dirt bike
    Last edited by Ria; 11-30-2010 at 01:27 AM.

An x in front of a couple letters also signifies some ones dedicated railroad coal cars. Or maybe a stock exchange ID.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

The Unlucky
    When I read "XDR" all that came to my mind was XDR(eXtreme Data Rate) Ram that the Playstation 3 uses.....I know like a million acronyms.

I am NOT a junior sob sob Edwina's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ria View Post

Anyhow, I think what we all have in common is that we all like our "alone time"; not to say you like to be alone all the time. But when you are, you don't mind it. You enjoy the alone time- dressed pretty preferred but not necessarily. You need to have your alone time at some point, as a way of resetting.

Wrong or spot on?
    Well, I can't speak for anybody else but it does fit me. I was an only child and my mother had to work to support us so I had many hours of alone time where I had to amuse myself. It is quite a relief to be on your own for a while.

I do love my alone time. I do get plenty of it too and spend most of it dressed. but now its like I WANT NO ALONE TIME! so I can try to take a break from dressing but its not working at all. I still just leave where ever I'm at to come home and put my girl clothes on. I really think I'm starting to loose it lol! its going to be a long winter...

I grew up alone, I work alone, I live alone, not menu friends, due to my work hrs no phone calls, saying hay let's go do this.
    so yes I spend lots of time alone.

I also enjoy my alone time, however I also enjoy spending time with others. what drew you to this conclusion?

It is an interesting thought, but for me I think I'd like my alone time regardless of my need to crossdress.

The only time I think I want to be alone ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,is when I'm not alone..... and Good God. not sure if I can stand myself for more than two minutes!
    regent,

Deep in the Heart of Texas..okay..DFW area
    Okay..well that completes that list of acronyms.. YDR, XDR, ZDR.. now I can work on ACR or ADS..oh yes, the world has enough acronyms when I start thinking this way

I'm curious as others too, on how you drew this conclusion and is it all based on the "XDR" issue or as others stated, just needing alone time?

With two dogs and two cats that crave attention, then add 3 young adults who feel the need to babble about mindless topics at a voicestrous tone...oh yes, I need my alone time
    Marissa

"You better look hard and look twice,
    ...is that me, baby or just a brilliant disguise?"- The Boss

IMHO, we learn to like alone time because we are different from most people and we learn to fully express ourselves while alone. If we all had numerous crossdressing friends throughout or life, I don't think the alone-time trait would be that common.

As for XDR versus CD: Some crossdresser sites have target advertising and things like "CD Player" come up. It's impossible to avoid multiple meanings for abbreviations, but CD is a bit too common. If you really want something different, why not just CDR?

Some people dislike GG and use "RG = Real Girl" instead, because some people use GG as a term for a horse. (I don't know how GG translates to horse.)
    Juno Michelle Krahn

Normal people are weird. Stealth is another word for "in the closet".

Suddenly I See
    what? where am i? i don't recognize this planet...
    Yes, I think that for me I do enjoy my alone time, and i believe i was reading that for group 3 MTF ( ref: http://www.avitale.com/developmentalreview.htm ) it is typical for us to spend alot of time alone in adolescence, I know I did. Being used to that, it would make sense that we value it still today.

Oh, and i'm working on the car decal for us

Hugs
    Kaylee
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm not usually a big fan of acronyms, but the "XDR" one isn't bad. I suppose you could take it to mean 'a former doctor."
    But enough of that...I also find your theory about alone time one well worth pondering. I know I spent a lot of time alone as an adolescent and I still do as a grown-up, and generally enjoy it. Interesting thought...

I like it!

I do not want alone time, Yes there are times when a CD or TS or Gay or lesbian has alone time. However I don't really think that is what they really want but what they have to do to survive. To be honest I want to be with others and share my joy's and sorrow.
    TO OVER WEIGHT TO POST A PHOTO, MY wife tells me I look like I am pregnant

I like my "private" time whether I am dressed up or not. Of course, I do enjoy it a lot more when I am dressed.
    [SIZE="4"]Mary Jane[/SIZE]

May those that love us, love us. Those that don't love
    us may God turn their hearts. And if he can't turn their
    hearts, may he turn their ankles, so we'll know them by their limping.

I for one like my alone time so spot on analysis for me.
    However I sure wouldn't want to be lonely, that's why I come and chat here.
    PJ

Philippa Jane

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    For some, CDing is an "anti-social" activity. It is for me! Except for all the discourse I have online, I dress alone! I value my alone time and always have! WAY before I became interested in dressing!

However, I know MANY girls like to get together when they're dressed. And, many others wish they could. So, I don't think lumping CDs together in ANY broad category is good idea!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

It works for me, I love my alone time, cross dressing, or reading, or stalking birds around the marsh with my camera. I've always seen myself as a bit of a loner, since I was a small child. Which is really good for a closet dresser.
    Being retired and having a wife that still works part time, I get a lot of alone time, and when I don't get it for a while I will find somewhere I need to go for a few hours just for the peace and quite.
    Tina B.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I have been mostly alone for over 5 years, since my dear late wife passed on! And contrary to what others have said, IT AIN'T NO FUN!! I would give anything to have her back!!

BTW, CD'ing works fine for me! Don't like XDR!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Quote Originally Posted by Ria View Post

Wrong or spot on?
    For my part, it's spot on. When you're in the closet your entire network is based on you presenting as a male, and I'd tell you, it's complicated enough already.

Every now and then I need some quality time to myself, of course I'll dress! My only regret is not spending that quality time outside in the wild.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    An x in front of a couple letters also signifies some ones dedicated railroad coal cars.
    Coal cars, you say? Tell me more. I happen to like both railroads and coal!

Quote Originally Posted by KayleeDahl View Post
    Oh, and i'm working on the car decal for us
    Please, use Helvetica!

Quote Originally Posted by sissystephanie View Post
    I have been mostly alone for over 5 years, since my dear late wife passed on! And contrary to what others have said, IT AIN'T NO FUN!! I would give anything to have her back!!!
    Same here, although only 30 months for me. Yes the kids are near enough to give support, and my little dog is just brilliant, although the conversation with him is a bit one sided. But if we could only turn back the time!!!!

What I'm getting at is... crossdressing (XDR) aside, you've always liked your alone time. As some have pointed out, it may have started in adolescence. That's a great comment because it applies to me. I spent lots of time building model kits, sketching and drawing, now I'm an artist, a painter... I have made many great friends throughout my life also so don't take me as a hermit.

My kitchen is a good size so it doubles as my studio so I can socialize with my family as I paint. I would be a hermit otherwise! Everything in moderation in attempt to be a somewhat balanced person is important for me. Admittedly I struggle at times though. Some things are hard to get enough of =)

In an attempt to explore the inner workings of the crossdresser's mind I thought I may have found a common thread among us? maybe not...

My heart goes out to anyone who has lost their partner in life and I can understand how this topic would conjure negative associations to "alone time", how could it not.

Oh! I almost forgot... Kayleedahl, I love the XDR decal! Mia Tao is right, we should stick these on our bumpers and rear windows!!!
    Last edited by Ria; 11-30-2010 at 07:43 PM.

I love to go out and socialize when I'm looking pretty, However I Must Have Some Alone Time as well, or I tend to get a bit cagey. Even when I was married and living in a household of 8 other people I had to find time now and then to just be on my own, of course that's not a problem anymore...

For me it's not so much related to my cross-dressing desires, but perhaps there is a common need among us to have the space to work things out on our own occasionally. My last GG gf never could quite understand that aspect of me wanting to be alone now and then, even though she was 'mostly' accepting of my feminine ways.

As for the XDR acronym, I think it's awesome! I would proudly slap one of those stickers on the back of my chariot!
    [SIZE="3"]The Universe Is Love, Enjoy Your Time In It!!![/SIZE][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I get cranky without my alone time. IT's like breathing....and of course I'm always dressed.......in fact even though I dress in front of many people I still enjoy my, times dressed in solitude.
    I think it gives me introspection.

I find my comfort
    For sometime,
    Until i dress another time.

Simple but to the point!