Thread: Washing Nylons

Washing Nylons

Hi all, I was just wondering what you use to wash your nylons. Do you wash them in a sink or do uyou put them in one of those bags, and run them through the laundry? I usually wear Leggs thigh high stockings, they wear like iron. Haven't torn them yet. Knock on wood!!!
    Here it's 2 am, I'm sitting here in a skirt and tank top, waiting for a pot of stew to cool enough to put in the fridge. Thanks in advance for the info. BJ

Can't buy another set of hands so they get thrown in the washing machine in a hosiery bag on delicate cycle. I prefer this as I can pop some conditioner in the wash too, I found hand washed tights just a little too rough on my silken legs
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Just put all mine in the machine together with knickers and bra's run on a ultra jentle cycle but with out fabric softner as it's not good for my skin but I do put in a few drops of floral oils to final rinse
    [SIZE=5] [SIZE=6]Christina Jonien [/SIZE][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]...
    [SIZE=5]......................Tiamo[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]...........[/SIZE]

Smile

I'm a lazy cow.

I just wear them then throw them out... the price of hosiery in ASDA (Walmart) is low enough, so it's cheaper than smoking used to be, and more fun too.
    If I buy a posh pair, I'll usually be much the same, worn once then it's bin time, maybe a handwash if theyre ultra expensive but I never kept a pair for more than maybe three weeks yet (unless there's been a dressing embargo).

XX

Jayme.

All Girl Deep Down Inside GiniGirl's Avatar
    I go with the Woolite, warm water, in the sink approach. I just think it's a "privilege" of femininity to be able to hand-wash my lingerie.
    Gini MacRae
    "A Lifelong Lover Of Femininity!"

Femininity on Tap! spaskinstyle's Avatar

Hi there...

I'm a hand wash and hang girl myself. I use just about any soap that is handy. One thing that I like is that when I hang them up soaking wet - they tend to stretch out a bit. That is a benefit to me because I have ultra long legs.

Love to all of you,

Theresa

Tristen Cox
    I just soak them in a bowl with a tiny bit of detergent and hang them in the bath room to dry. No big deal since I really don't wear them often.

I wash them by hand in the sink with Woolite, the same way as I wash my bras and more delicate panties.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

In the machine in a lingerie bag. Cycle make no difference this way, so bag goes in with normal wash.

I do hang dry them however.
    DonnaT

I second GiniGirl.... right on

You know, if you girls want a little extra fun, do what I do on occasion, run a nice warm bath with bubbles of course and step in the water while wearing panties and pantyhose/thi-highs, etc.

Tristen Cox
    Quote Originally Posted by ambercd
    You know, if you girls want a little extra fun, do what I do on occasion, run a nice warm bath with bubbles of course and step in the water while wearing panties and pantyhose/thi-highs, etc.
    http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ad.php?t=14240

I just bung them in the normal wash in a hosiery bag.
    The water's pretty soft here in Egypt, so with just a bit of softener added, they come out silky smooth!

Mmmmmmmmm!

Paula.
    Living on the edge might be dangerous, but it has an awesome view!!

Silky Stephanie

Washing any lingerie!

I've been wearing panties, etc. for over 60 years, so have a good idea of how to wash things. First rule is; if you value your lingerie at all never, ever, use regular soap to wash it. Regular soap does not rinse out completely, and the residue is very harmful to good lingerie. Of course, if you buy really cheap things you probably don't care. I buy, and wear, somewhat expensive lingerie and keep it for years. In fact, I have some panties that are 20 years old and still look like new. Second Rule; you can either hand wash, or machine wash on Delicate cycle. But always use COLD water and a soap specifically designed for lingerie. There are a number of them available. Woollite is all right if that is all you can get, but there are better ones available. If you have a Nordstrom store nearby, they have a great lingerie wash. It comes in both liquid and powder form, and is also a fabulous stain remover. Washing in warm, or hot water sets any stain so it will never come out. That is why you should use cold water.

If you wear silk undies, as I do, never machine dry them, or wring them out. Lay them on a towel, place a second towel on top and roll them up. Then unroll and hang your pretties up to finish drying. They will dry quickly. As I said, if you value your feminine things take care of them. They will appreciate it and so will you when you wear them.

If it is pretty and Feminine, WEAR IT!

Formerly lisameaghan :) Lisa Maren's Avatar

I make it easy on myself!

Hi BJ

I put my hose in a lingerie bag in the washer and even the dryer. I almost always use the warm cycle in the wash and the high heat in the dryer (unless I'm drying fem clothes in which case I always follow the instructions). Even the dryer doesn't seem to harm my Leggs Sheer Energy hose (though the waist band in the regular No Nonsense ones did fray a bit most likely in the dryer). I have to say, though, that I use Bounce fabric softener and my hose and tights always feel *so* soft and silky when I put on a new pair. How I *love* that!

I'm having another "I wish I'd been a girl" moment.

Hugs,
    Lisa
    [SIZE="1"]What lies behind me and what lies before me are tiny matters compared to the girl who lies within me.
    -- A twist on Ralph Waldo Emerson

To know what you prefer instead of humbly saying Amen to what the world tells you you ought to prefer, is to have kept your soul alive.
    -- Robert Louis Stevenson

Ubi dubium, ibi libertas. (Where there is doubt, there is freedom.)
    -- Latin Proverb
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

my nic says it all obsessedwithpantyhose's Avatar

washing ur pantyhose

i wear mine into the shower to wash them

Dark Sultry Goddess Sweet Jeanette's Avatar
    Every Wednesday is laundry day. I put my "delicates" in a net bag. When my Wife does laundry, she does them for me. Then she puts them up on a shelf for me.
    [SIZE="3"][50 miles from ANYWHERE![/I][/SIZE]

Hi Girls, Thanks for the ideas. But some of them are a little far out for me. It's 60 degrees out tonight and I think I'll pass on the pool thing.

Girls since my wife does not approve. I have to hide them and some of them has a musk smell. How do I get rid of it? Thanks girls.