Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Being hispanic or oriental

Quote Originally Posted by Sedona View Post
    doesn't/shouldn't the term "oriental" refer to rugs, not people? I realize that not everywhere is liberal northern California, but I didn't realize this phrase was still in wide use.
    Sedona, totally agree. Thanks for setting us straight.

Accepted by me and mine Andrea's Lynne's Avatar
    Well said, Sedona

- from this European American mutt
    Love

Lynne

well i am a American white male, with a lot of Cherokee, and some Scottish in me. (with just pasty white skin, but burned in face).
    bad deal is the very heavy beard, at one time it was a true red beard. now mostly gray, and it kills the blades.
    at just over 200pounds and just under 6ft. i could have been smaller and been "better" but i just make do with what i have.
    but i have seen many out there from all walks of life and "races" that could pass with little work. but as stated one can very easy get "clocked" most of the time it is not so much of how we look but how we act. as i have seen many a GG that did not look like a woman. double check time.
    life is full of surprises.
    and from the mouthes of babs, (over heard from a child to his dad),
    boy: someone went popo,
    dad: yes people do.
    boy: the world is full of po.

just funny to me at the time.

Come and talk with me ;) Briana90802's Avatar
    Being an asian sucks whileyou are growing up. Espcially when you developed this deep baritone masculine voice which make people think youra 6' tall white male. And when you look like you swallowed a golf ball it makes it difficult to be passable as fem. So be thankful for what you have and remember something I told my SO once. "It's better to have a nose than no nose at all."

Quote Originally Posted by Briana90802 View Post
    Being an asian sucks whileyou are growing up. Espcially when you developed this deep baritone masculine voice which make people think youra 6' tall white male. And when you look like you swallowed a golf ball it makes it difficult to be passable as fem. So be thankful for what you have and remember something I told my SO once. "It's better to have a nose than no nose at all."
    lol, well i guess this really proves the 'grass is greener...' theory