Thread: Has Anybody tried a transformation service?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Has Anybody tried a transformation service?

Although I have been CD'ing for many years, I have always made up my own clothing, makeup, appearance, etc. and have kept this completely to myself. I feel that my femme appearance is that of a 'guy trying to look like a girl' rather than really feminine.

I want to 'step out' a bit - but without a lot of embarrassment, etc. I am considering a visit to a place in Atlanta called "Explore Your Feminine Side". From their website, it would appear that I could visit there for several hours (or even overnight), be assisted in proper foundations, dresses, wigs, makeup, walking and talking more feminine and perhaps even venturing "out" en femme in a strange city.

Has anyone experienced such a service? The service would appear to be a great match for my interests and fears - if it is for real. Are there other places such as this that I should consider? I feel that actually talking to someone about my CD would help me emotionally and give me more confidence.

Are there other alternatives? How about local meet-up groups? Are they really private or would I feel completely out of place? What do you think?

I've been to Janet's Closet in Detroit twice. Guess going twice shows that i loved it. If I hadn't moved away I'd go again.
    Last edited by insearchofme; 12-03-2010 at 01:10 PM.
    Dana Fleming

Psyco Roller Derby Doll. Katesback's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by insearchofme View Post
    I've been to Janet's Closet in Detroit twice. Guess going twice shows that i loved it. If I hadn't moved away I'd go again.
    God your statment brings back memories I had forgotten. Back in my crossdressing days I too went to Janet's when i lived in Michigan. She was impressive and had the ability to make a guy (as the world saw) look very much like a girl.

Thinking back perhaps her services were one of the catalists for getting me the strength to transition. Now days life as a girl is all I have but I will always remember Janet.

Katie

Count me in as also a person who has gone to Janet's Closet. More times than my wallet or purse cares to remember. Tips from her and her staff have been of a great benefit.

I wish there was a place here in Cincinnati. I would love to go.

I have been to Phoebe Cross near Atlanta once. It was one of the best experiences ever. I have no way of knowing whether everyone who provides this service is as warm and accepting as her, but you won't know until you go.

Kate....You mean that you were once a CROSSDRESSER? And someone GAVE YOU strength? Wow,Are you coming around!!!

There is another lady in the Atlanta area that does the same thing. Check out her site at www.phoebecross.com. I used her once over 10 years ago and she is a really sweet lady. Her place is pretty far out in the country, but she will definitely treat you with respect. The "Explore Your Feminine Side" place may be a lot more convenient for you, but I haven't heard her ever mentioned before.

Yes there are many locations like that around. Here in Vegas alot of us go to Glamour Boutique 2 the girls there do a great job of transforming us and they have tours and events all the time. We also go there just to hang out and visit dressed or in drab. P.S. My avaitar pic was taken there.

Life is like a box of..
    They need this in every state
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    “Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces.
    Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.”
    -Ashley Smith

I have tried those services twice in two different places and I can tell you that is a great experience, both times I was quite nervous when I arrived and knock the door, the first time in the first transformation house I was received by a GG that was really kind with me, and almost inmediatly she makes me feal real comfortable, she only ask for my girly name, and explained to me everything, and let me choose what ever I wanted to wear and make a wonderful job with my makeup, it was the first time that I really felt like a woman, the second time was at another transformation house, but this time I was attended by a beautiful CD, it was also a great time, everybody should try that experience!!!

If you find yourself in Toronto, you should check out Take A Walk On The Wildside (http://www.wildside.org). And I've not had a makeover at Janet's Closet yet, but shopped plenty there!

The avvy pic isn't me
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoie View Post
    A big [SIZE="4"]AMEN[/SIZE] to that!
    As far as i know the closest we have to this is a make-up salon that employs a TG person who will do a basic make-up transformation.
    Others here i have spoken to have been to Sephora and MAC, but i don't know of a full service place anywhere in Idaho. There is a place in the Reno, Nv. area, but i don't believe they provide clothing.
    mj (Cassie)

I've been to Jamie Austin up here in Mass. like....8 times if memory serves. Lots of fun!!

I went years ago my first time out of the closet , it was fun it was my first time with a wig ,they tend to give you a drag queen look
    its good if you don't have the opportunity to dress at home ,but its best to learn to do it yourself

Banned Read only
    Start one in your area

I agree! I wish there was one here in Indy, I would SOOOO be there!

maybe there is, and I just haven't found it yet.... hmmmm.....

I am all for one in each state. Don't know if I would trust someone who is on Craig's List. Your pictures. if you have some taken, might end up someplace where you may not want them. I did have a makeover at the GB in Vegas about 5 years ago but felt like she just pasted my face over, might be different now. The last 2 times I went to Stephanie. Last October and a year ago October. The 1st time I was impressed, couldn't beleive my eyes, my avatar is from that time. Last October she tried some different things and I wasn't as pleased. Planning on going back in October and will have another one done. Will see how this goes. I may try Rori's of Chicago If time permits this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by AmazinglyAutumn View Post
    I agree! I wish there was one here in Indy, I would SOOOO be there!

maybe there is, and I just haven't found it yet.... hmmmm.....
    Me either. Welcome to the forum, we need all the Hoosier girls we can get!
    Dana Fleming

does anyone knows of transformations services in ft lauderdale? tx

Quote Originally Posted by AKADonna View Post
    Has anyone experienced such a service? The service would appear to be a great match for my interests and fears - if it is for real. Are there other places such as this that I should consider? I feel that actually talking to someone about my CD would help me emotionally and give me more confidence.

Are there other alternatives? How about local meet-up groups? Are they really private or would I feel completely out of place? What do you think?
    So many questions.... I can only speak to the transformation service.... I'm an Amanda Richards fan... Great makeup artist with excellent fashion sense and yes, she is also a good listener and very supportive.