Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Has Anybody tried a transformation service?

Dollar for dollar, the best money I every spent on CDing.

I went to Vanity's in Houston

http://vanitytransformations.com/

where she did a makeover on me and took some face shots. I got 4 face shots. I wore my own clothes and went out to lunch and shopping when I was done. I don't think anyone knew until I talked.

I also went to Amanda Rich in Philadelphia

http://www.truecolorsmakeup.com/

I got the makeover and photoshoot including over 250 pictures

Read all about it here

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...th-Amanda-Rich

What convinced me to go to Amanda was Jamie's post here

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...t-Pictures-Yet!

Both Amanda and Vanity are CDs and presented as male during the makeover.

If you're just looking for makeup help, I'd go to MAC. One day I will get up the muffins to go there myself. Both Amanda and Vanity used makeup tricks that I'd probably never do myself, like taping my eye brows up to get a feminine arch without a face lift.

I won't post a before picture, but just envision a balding fifty something man that no one would even look twice at in male mode. En femme, I think I looked beautiful, even hot. I would hit on me, except that I never hit on girls that beautiful.

Steffi
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Aspiring Member
    I will say this, before going know what look you want and make sure they understand. The few times I have had my makeup done by others, I felt more like a Drag Queen (no disrespect intended). My style is more of the everyday/understated look. If you want to go out in the day and "pass" then minimalization is the key. If you want to go clubbing, then by all meanns pull out the stops!
    Warmly,
    Sheren Kelly

Silver Member
    I have been to several and the best is no longer around, she retired. Glamour Boutique is a great place to shop and they do do makeovers... David, who runs the place is very ethical and has a GG for doing makeup. I haven't tried her but hear she is fairly good. i perfer to go to regular salons for makeup. Glamour Boutique is also the most reasonable one around NJ. I went to Femme Fever and it was HORRIBLE!! CD tips in Philly was high pressure and costly. I hope you have better success. Sara

Aspiring Member Dawna Ellen Bays's Avatar
    I have an appointment at Amanda's in January. This is my absolute first step out of the closet, and it's a Christmas gift to myself. I've seen the work shes done on some of us here, and I know she can make me the glamour girl I want to see in the mirror at least this once...

Sara: what do you mean by "high pressure" at CD Tips?

Most transformation services are expensive, but you get what you pay for-their expertise, wardrobe, etc. What you are paying for is someone who knows how to make you look more feminine, provide you with clothing that fits, and instruct you on how to be more ladylike. Plus taking your picture, taking you out and so on. This is a specialized market, which means a higher going rate.

If you are going to a transformation service, talk to them about what you want to achieve. Do you want high glam, drag, girl's night out, soccer mom out to dinner, etc? Let them know so they can adjust their style to achieve what you want. You're paying for it, and a good service will listen to you. But also remember that they're makeup artists and stylists, not witches, so be realistic in your expectations.

I have only used a transformation service once-Transformations by Rori in Chicago. And then, it was just for a makeover because I was in town for a conference and I wanted to go out en femme and it was easier to pay someone to do my makeup than bring it with me. At the time, they charged $75 for a makeover and I thought the results were well worth it. They did my makeup perfectly, and I actually learned a lot from watching them.
    Countess in exile
    Keep Calm and Dance to Morrissey
    Z and the Universe
    I'm also on Twitter and Facebook

I think going through the full transformation is a huge step that I have not garnered the courage to do. I think it would hurt my family too much. I do cross dress occasionally because I can't help it but my actions affect my family and I don't want their lives to be harder.

What I really want, is for a woman to care enough about me to want to make me as pretty as I can be. To have to pay for someone to do that, is basically acknowledging that there really is no one that wants me dressed as a female, and I know that already.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Any good transformation salons in Ohio?

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoie View Post
    They need this in every state
    Start one in your area

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura_Stephens View Post
    Any good transformation salons in Ohio?
    Not that I am aware of. You need to start one up

My first public dressing was with Transformations, a UK chain who charge a fortune. I don't think the results were that good. They caked on thick, orangey makeup, gave me ill-fitting clothes and just left me on my ownwith a crappy Polaroid picture. In the case of Transformations I feel they are a bit of an evil empire that prefer to keep the transgendered in the closet implying they are the only ones that understand, but I do have friends that have used other services and had much better results and good photos to prove it. On the other hand I do resent paying as much for a couple of hours dressed that I could buy half a wardrobe's worth of clothes, shoes and makeup with. Mind you when I did do my makeover eBay didn't exist...

Any near south Carolina?

If you are looking for one in Atlanta, why not go to the Southern Comfort Conference? There's always a couple of transformation artists there. I used Jamie Austin twice. You can see my photos in my album and on my blog. He does a great job, IMHO.

Love, Tracy
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

Quote Originally Posted by celeste26 View Post
    The only thing I might add is that these services usually cost a lot of money but if you need some help getting ready for the "outside" take lessons there instead of just the transformation the additional cost will set you free to do it yourself later.
    Celeste,

I ran across an older post of yours somewhere on here that said you had been to a service before. Was it to the one in Portland called Over The Rainbow? I would be interested in your thoughts about this place and what your pictures looked like.

I too, am from Salem. Hope to hear form you.

Bri

Kate....You mean that you were once a CROSSDRESSER? And someone GAVE YOU strength? Wow,Are you coming around!!!

I've never tried one but would be open to the idea. Does anyone know of any good transformation services in the Toronto area, other than wildside?

Been to Rori's in Chicago 3 times and loved it.

Silver Member
    I also went to Miss Suzie's in Buffalo for a transformation and was sad to see it close. Sometimes you see people advertising on Craigslist for beauty services and they will do makeovers and photograhy much cheaper then the so called transformation studios. Worth a try in all areas.
    Last edited by monalisa; 03-04-2011 at 09:12 AM. Reason: typo

I used a transformation place in Vancouver that has since shut down. I mainly used it because I wanted lessons in using makeup and also she agreed to take me out safely. It was a lot of fun. I've also used "Take a walk on the wild sie" on a business trip to Toronto. Both transformations were handled very professionally and I had a great time.

We have one here in Denver. It is run by Phyllis Steigelmeier of Phyllis Fantasies. She does makeovers, owns a shop where you can buy wigs / breastforms / shoes / clothes and will take you out on the town if you so desire. One of her best features is Fantasy House where you can stay. This is completely private and secure for those times that you want to get away from the world.

She does a great job and has been a tremendous help to most of us in Denver.
    Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by latinacdtx26 View Post
    just wondering...as far as reputation or just reccomendations is there one or 2 services like these that regardless of location is worth the price totally? I havent come across any as of yet..that have caught my eye. I wish there were more before and after photos. I see alot of drag queens online and at shows and stuff and kinda think wish they did those services...because alot of them...you cant tell at all. makeup and everything is just flawless.
    In Dallas you have Femme X Studios. Nicci runs it and I have seen some of her work. It is definitely impressive.
    Michelle

not yet, in my country there aren't many studios like in the usa. It makes me so jealous of you girls! Maybe in my next trip.

I was pleased with Adam to Eve in San Francisco but I don't think it's up and running anymore. Will be a little while before I have another one of these adventures but I'm sure looking forward to it! Thanks for starting this thread. Thanks to everyone for the great responses. Tons of good info here!

does anyone knows of transformations services in ft lauderdale? tx

A few years ago I went to "A Walk On The Wild Side" in Toronto. It is a very interesting place, with facilities to take you through a full transformation. I did not use that service but I did purchase some great products in their shop. I also stayed for a few hours in the evening when they had a get together with other CD's. You can check out their location on their web page, under, the name stated above