Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just found out my son is a crossdresser too

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer easton View Post
    give him a chance to talk to a therapist....
    I can't beleive it took 22 posts to get to this!
    I know when I was around your son's age, I was caught, and rushed off that day to a psychiatrists office, surrounded by two angry parents. I wish I could go back and be in a nurturing enviorment, going to see a gender therapist! I wouldn't suggest that it's something you need to rush into, allow your son the time he needs to feel comfortable around you again, and offer it as option to him if he wants. It's certainly a fragile issue to deal with for him, and he needs to do it on his own terms, not yours!
    I kind of think that telling him about yourself may be more than he's ready to handle right now. He's got enough of his own thoughts to deal with, without worrying about exactly what you are! He just needs a strong foundation and nurturing enviorment to move forward with his life, wherever it leads.

Wow so many different approaches to all of this. In my household it's just myself and my teenage son. He's 18 now, but I brought him up myself the past 10 years. I always wonder if perhaps he knows about my CD'ing but is afraid to bring it up. Teens will be curious, and I just don't know if he's entered my bedroom when I'm not home and observed that it contains a lot more female clothes than male, including a closet full of high heels.

So perhaps, did Jaych's son know his dad was a CD and was just emulating him secretly (until caught)? I mean it's possible, even if he might not have admitted such.

Karen

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer in CO View Post
    14 was when I spent my first extended time as a girl. I had an opportunity to go to my grand parents for the summer. As a naive child I thought that my grand parents wouldn't notice what styles I was wearing since they were so "old". Wrong. But they were very open and willing to work/talk with me and by the time the end of summer came, they even tried to get my parents to let me stay with them, enroll at a local school (as a girl) and "continue to help them out" they told mom and dad (all without telling mom and dad how I had spent my summer). Almost worked too...but M/D ultimately said no and I had to cut my hair and go home end of August... How cool were the Gp's?...When grandma died about 10 years later, on her bedside table was a photo of her and I from that summer. No one recognized me as the girl in the photo...

Jenn
    That's neat, Jennifer! I also had very supportive grandparents. I still think about them every day.

let him do his thing at his pace, no pressure to dress or not dress.

maybe leave this sites address for him to find?
    a kid these days has far and away better access to info then we did as kids. he just needs to find his space, and growing up and learning new and different things is a hard thing to do.
    but do not let on about your self for a number of years yet. after he has himself set say in 5 years maybe then talk about you.
    but till then spoil him and enjoy your and his life.

life is short...