Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Start dressing later in life?

For many years I put on some of my wife's things in secret; her bras and panties. I was always afraid to tell her my desires. I am now in my early 50's, and about 8 years ago I started buying a few pieces of lingerie just to wear to bed. At first my wife was appalled. Well, fast forward. My wife is so kind to me and supportive. I am able to dress now just about anytime I would like. We have a teen at home so I have to be careful. For me, there was a snowball effect. At first, it was simple items to sleep in. Then I wanted to do my nails, put on makeup, get forms, femme clothing, and fully dress. Often, I feel much more comfortable as Mackenzie than the male self. It is very enjoyable to "get in my wife's world" in this fashion.

It's interesting, that somehow when I am dressed, there are such feelings of femininity that I want to express myself more to my wife and be more open and vulnerable with her. She really enjoys the openness and communication.

Mackenzie

For myself i started dressing when i was in my 30's.
    My living situation & job didn't really led itself to being able too dress until 2000.
    Since Ive had my own place any all constraints are gone. So I can dress anytime that I wan't and It feels great to able to do so.

LoL Brenda

Started I guess when I was going through puberty.. just experimenting... that is all it was at the time but it kept coming back. In those days there was no internet and limited access to any meaningful info, so I got on with my life, married, kids... every now and then things would "flair up" and I would either supress or momentarily indulge.

About 10 years ago I started realising this was never going to go away, and started exploring how to take this on board without destroying any people and relationships... and realised that it was not going to be easy... it would be very complicated...

So I started to actively accept "Kaz" as this part of me, and try to deal with that. And this has been my journey for the past few years. About 5 years ago I created a persona on the internet just to make this side of me "real"..

Finding this site was an amazing thing! In the past two years I have really got hold of this and posted pictures, got better with make-up, been out and about and generally grown and developed...

So I was a closet/in denial CD for most of my life... but now I know! And that brings fresh problems...
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

I'm really just starting to get serious at 27, and reading all these responses is really encouraging. Thanks to all you girls, I hope to make the most out of things while I still am fairly young!
    With love,
    - Celes

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    I didn't realize I was a cross-dresser until I was 43. I had been "trying on" my wife's things (so I would know what looked good together so as to shop for her better) more and more often. I think possibly I had tried on a couple of skirts in a store a few times, as I knew by then how things should fit on me in order to fit on her. The idea that I wanted to wear those things was a revelation to me. I was out dressed in public within less than a month (first opportunity.) In retrospect, I had been leading up to that point for more than a decade.

I started crossdressing a little over 3 years ago when I turned 38 thought I had it in my mind for about the past 10 years ..it got to a point that I couldn't suppress my gender and sexuality confusion ..It turn out to be a good thing because without it I think I wouldn't be alive

I didn't dress fully until I was 32ish (now 43) although I had worn the odd female thing before that. I'm not sure how I got here really, if someone had told me I be doing this years ago I'd have laughed. I remember seeing a CD in London at a tube station in the late 80's and wondering why anyone would want to do such a thing. Now I like to do the same. Life is strange and it proves that life is a journey and you never know where the road will lead.
    p.s. I'm back here after yet another purge which lasted many months.

Jennifer
    Jennifer Green
    PART TIME GURL

I am NOT a junior sob sob Edwina's Avatar
    I am another late bloomer I guess.
    Apart from the occasional trying on of panties I did nothing till I retired at 61. I still thought that I would look silly in a bra. What was I thinking? My curiosity overcame me when a bought a bra for my wife (doing the laundry I noticed one of hers was a bit the worse for wear) Checked size and style and everything only to find that she had in the meantime bought new bras herself and in a larger size.
    Well, long story short, I couldn't return it and so put it on to find it fitted me and I was hooked. (pardon the pun) I was now on the slippery slope and my curiosity kept pushing me, one item at a time, until I am now as you see.
    Now that my wife has also retired my dressing time is very limited but I do sometimes manage to be Edwina.

hi i have dressed all my life off and on . but 6months ago i told my wife of 9 year marriage.i am 43 . i started with 4or5 panties of my own then i went to slips and so on .
    now i have 5 skirts 7 tops 3 jumps well you get the picture and i love being a female

It feels good reading the posts here and finding out I am not alone in starting to dress later in life. I did try on my sister's things when I was young and remembering how nice it was and how I had always felt about women's clothing. About 5 years ago, I bought a package of women's undies and now at the age of 55 have a very nice wardrobe of female things for Jolene.
    Why it took so long for me I do not know.

Slightly Confused annabellejorden's Avatar
    I only really started dressing about 3 years ago.

I had gone on binges before, buying this or that and dressing, but then I would start feeling guilty about it.

After I moved to Portland, and had my own place again, I decided to buy a few things for my self, first a couple of bras, then some panites.
    Only recently, I made the decision that when I am home, I wear feminine clothing.

and, I have noticed, I am happier since then.

A transgendered lesbian. Cassandra90's Avatar
    I always tried on my mom's clothes when I was a kid. just trying on bras and that. I also ended up with a 10 yr old little sister and she had play clothes that included dresses. I would come home after school and sometimes just couldn't avoid the feeling. Sometimes I feel that because I was born with something between my legs, that I was supposed to be a man. I've always been the more sensitive type. And, after my divorce abt 5 years ago, I decided to experiment with my desires and feelings. There's just something that feels right about crossdressing to me. I just have a hard time due to my current religion and feelings I have about religion in general. I'm almost 39 and have been buying and purging over the past three years. Definitely tired of purging! I guess this called purger's regret.

I have been wearing womens things since I was very young (8 maybe 9) but never dressed fully til I was in my late 40's (kids gone and grown) Gosh why did I wait so long.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Janine cd View Post
    I started dressing early in life but never realized how satisfying it is to dress fully until I reached 50.
    My story too. Little things for decades, but more as the resources became available.

I started after 40, but I liked girl things at least since age 4, and never felt bad about it. However, I have worn sexy men's underwear since my teens, the sort of stuff you can get at ABCunderwear.com. I always felt that men should wear lingerie, I just started out wearing stuff made for men.

I only started full dressing a year ago. I got a cheap clearance wig after Halloween and felt magic when I put it on. I had considered dressing as a female for Halloween before, but figured I was just not feminine enough to try. Once I saw myself in a wig, I was hooked.
    Juno Michelle Krahn

Normal people are weird. Stealth is another word for "in the closet".

I didn't start til I was four years old! Does that count for later in life??

nice post.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackenzie View Post
    For many years I put on some of my wife's things in secret; her bras and panties. I was always afraid to tell her my desires. I am now in my early 50's, and about 8 years ago I started buying a few pieces of lingerie just to wear to bed. At first my wife was appalled. Well, fast forward. My wife is so kind to me and supportive. I am able to dress now just about anytime I would like. We have a teen at home so I have to be careful. For me, there was a snowball effect. At first, it was simple items to sleep in. Then I wanted to do my nails, put on makeup, get forms, femme clothing, and fully dress. Often, I feel much more comfortable as Mackenzie than the male self. It is very enjoyable to "get in my wife's world" in this fashion.

It's interesting, that somehow when I am dressed, there are such feelings of femininity that I want to express myself more to my wife and be more open and vulnerable with her. She really enjoys the openness and communication.

Mackenzie
    nice post.

Exactly why I started I know not, but did not start until around 62. About to be 69 and dressing more and more.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I am very different from most of you! My first crossdressing was when I was somewhere between 6 and 7 and I wore my sisters pink panties. I am now over 78 y/o, and except for my military service and a voluntary quitting period, I have been crossdressing ever since. My female wardrobe outnumbers my male clothing by at least 3 to 1! My lingerie far outnumbers my male underwear, probably by 10 to 1! I don't wnat to be a woman, but I sure do like to dress like one!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!