Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: A Challenge.........as we enter into the "Traditional Weight Gaining Season"

I took the day off today to help the wife around the house and she got up early and served me breakfast in bed... 2 monster cinnamon rolls!! . So life is good and I feel fatter but don't care today! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Does "positive thinking" cause u lose pounds?

I've been worrying about the Holiday Pig Out coming soon! So, I decided to get rid of the damaging stuff in our frig well before then. First, I finished off the last of a roast before it went bad. There was A LOT MORE THERE THAN I THOT! Skipped the veggies, fruit, and salad entirely! Went straight for the last of the left over mini muffins and ice cream!
    Needless to say, I was a bit intimidated stepping on the scale this morning.

Turns out I dropped over a pound! What's up with THAT!?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Does "positive thinking" cause u lose pounds?

I've been worrying about the Holiday Pig Out coming soon! So, I decided to get rid of the damaging stuff in our frig well before then. First, I finished off the last of a roast before it went bad. There was A LOT MORE THERE THAN I THOT! Skipped the veggies, fruit, and salad entirely! Went straight for the last of the left over mini muffins and ice cream!
    Needless to say, I was a bit intimidated stepping on the scale this morning.

Turns out I dropped over a pound! What's up with THAT!?
    Thats so not fair Doc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aspiring Member
    Hi Maddy: Count me in the gang also. I'd like to weigh around 185 - 190 on my 5'10' frame. When you first PM'd me about your idea, I weighed 225-226# (up from 204#). But I'm trying again and have lost 4# to 222 ths week.

Danielle

Indeed for me this time of year is a huge challenge, I usually can end up gaining 3-4 lbs. of weight as my wife is huge into food, cooking, parties, etc... I have to stay as vigilant as I can and exercise. My reward could come next weekend with space as my wife is out of town for the holiday and the opportunity to dress up 24/7 for two weeks.

i have defently lost 20 lbs in the last couple of months
    i was 235 and today i got on the scales and i am at 214 and hope to lose another 10 to 15 lbs
    i got the well power not to eat any christmas junk so far

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar
    So many great suggestions, stories and inspirations..........For me dropping weight much more slowly this time, started on Monday at 237 lbs on my 6'3" frame, and this morning only down to 234.8 lbs. It does seem this time of year is a bit more difficult to lose weight than is January and February. The upside is I expect to be some 10 lbs. to 20 lbs. less than I would have been if I had continued my normal holiday binge, then dieted in January............Yesterday, had fries, bad !!!
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

Count me in I found this thread today and it appeals to me! I am 226# this am would like to get below 200. I have been swimming for a halfhour each weekday morning. Was walking untill it got too cold and windy here. I am eating lo-carb and have gone from 288# to where I am now it seems to come off a lot more slowly now. I swear the moderate exercise has added muscle and some #'s. Portion control for me is probably the answer. I will start weighing my meals again and see what happens . Morgan

Mandy, Congrats ! Any other tips ? Yours is a success story. Thanks,, and Good luck !!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

Count me in as well. I need to shed 20-30 pounds. I'm hoping in a couple months I can achieve it. What's killing me is sugar consumption (sweets), and irregular exercise. I would really like to get down to a size 14. I weigh about 214lbs fully clothed so there is much work to do.
    Bored? Try wearing a pretty dress. It's fun.

I was the same this morning as yeaterday which is ok. Wife and I are going to go to an annual Christmas party tonight. Wish me luck, there's always lots of drink and awesome food. We're eating a more substancial lunch later this afternoon so as to fill us up before we go. I'm gong to limit myself to 2 glasses of wine and am going to stay away from the mixed nuts, they are my downfall. Once I start I can't stop and this carries over to other foods. Of course all my good intensions may go by the wayside since I LOVE TO EAT!

Hugs,
    Dana Fleming

geeeze Louise, gained 2# back to 210!!!!!! I'm spin'n my wheels here!!! Jenni
    xoxoxoJennifer Easton
    Mighty bold talk for a one-eyed fat girl!

Too much fun this time of year !! Already off the wagon today and I'm hardly started !! Help !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

My goal for the next year is to lose 100 pounds. I am tired of being grossly overweight. I'll start the diet as soon as I finish this pizza.

O.K. I should let everyone know where I am at I started on Monday December 6th at 174.6 and today December 11th am at 173.6 a pound less of me and the first pound of many to come. I do not want to rub it in but I wanted to let everyone know my frame I'm 5'10" and now 173.6. So does this put me in the world of Karren? I just want to lose my belly and be in better shape.

Too much fun this time of year !! Already off the wagon today and I'm hardly started !! Help !!!
    Hang in there Madilyn it is only one day and Tranny Tee I know you can do it just take it one day at a time and in no time you will be 100 pounds lighter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aspiring Member
    Hi Folks: My Sweetie and I went Xmas shopping al day yesterday with my Grand daughter. At a conservative estimate, we walked approx 350 miles.

I ended the day at a pub (of course), and had one 32oz Guiness Ale, 1/2 order of onion rings, and a cheese burger. I weighed 221# this AM

Danielle

Geeeeeze, I'm do'n the yoyo thing here I'm down a pound 209 must a had something to do with the Vodka and Cranberry drinky-poos last night, Jennifer
    xoxoxoJennifer Easton
    Mighty bold talk for a one-eyed fat girl!

I'm in, for 22 lbs.. that will bring it to 175 like karen!! :-D this is going to be fantastic, with a whole group of support!! what a great idea!!

Kisses,
    Jonelle

The party last night was great, as usual. As far as the diet went let's say I ate and drank more than I should have, but less than I usually do. I started at 236.5 lds. and this morning i weighted in at 237lbs. I'm not too worried about it becasue most of it is water "junk" wieght. The real test will be Tuesday morning, hopefully by then I'll have flushed most of the water from my system.

Hugs,

PS . Jonelle, great legs!!!!
    Dana Fleming

Just a thought. For those of us that can stand to lose 20 or more pounds, I think we should set our goals lower then the ultimate target goal. Example: If I need or want to lose 40 pounds total, why not set a short range goal of 5 pounds. That way when you have reached that short range goal, you will feel good about your progress and want to set a new goal of another 5 pounds and so on. But if we set the goal of 40 pounds and back slide, we might feel discouraged and give up. I used to use this method on my golf students when teaching golf. Let's say their average score was 100. Sure they'd like to shoot a par round. But that does not happen overnight. So I'd ask them to set a goal of just beating there lowest ever round. Maybe that was 95. So if they work to improve and go out and shoot a 94 or even a little better, then they are inspired to work harder. Then set a new goal, like breaking 90 for the first time. But to set a goal of shooting par, say 72 on the average course, then they become discouraged and feel like a failure in golf.
    So my goal is set to just be a few pounds lighter this week over last. And then my next goal will be the same, lose a few pounds the next week, if I successfully lose that few extra pounds. If we set our goals to high, it is easy to get down for not getting there soon enough. Baby steps to the ultimate goal.

Okay, count me in too. Hope I'm not too late to the party! The pictures below are what made me start on a diet for the first time in my life. So at 50 years old I went hiking in Yosemite with these two tall skinny friends who are both under 30. We did a minor hike the first day, then the second day hiked up to some waterfalls. It was only 2 miles each way, but straight uphill, and I was done. Literally.

I couldn't even walk the next day, leaving them to wander off without me. I felt bad about not being able to keep up, having always been in better than average in physical shape (at least prior to returning to school 8 years ago). I'd made some (only slightly) joking comments to them about feeling fat, but when I got home and saw these pictures, I realized it wasn't a joke!

That's when I determined to lose weight and get into shape, preferably girly shape, but still. So first thing I did is buy a scale off Craigslist. When I got it home I realized it was broken, cuz when I stood on it it said some outrageous number that was 30 pounds more than I knew I weighed. Still, just to verify, I had a friend stand on it too. The lying bast@#d said it was weighing okay for him.

Okay, so it had been 6 years since I'd weighed myself. I was 165# then and thought I was 10# overweight. At the start of October I weighed 192.5 when I started on a diet, and this morning I was down to 173.0. I'd like to get down to 160.0 and see how I feel.

Thanks for getting this thread going, and I look forward to keeping up with you all.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by makin' it real; 12-12-2010 at 08:36 PM.

I know those cinnamon rolls were killers but I'm having a salad for dinner and going off to play ice hockey for a couple hours so I figure in the morning I will be at least net zero for the long weekend!!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Karren

As much as I love you , you know that right now I hate you!

Big Hugs,
    Dana Fleming

234.9 this morning, so still down from 237, but slipped a bit. After a weekend of revelry, time to get serious. I have read many great suggestions and tips. Now it's up to me, I will be under 230 by Friday, I promise !!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

life is gud.