Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: A Challenge.........as we enter into the "Traditional Weight Gaining Season"

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar

A Challenge.........as we enter into the "Traditional Weight Gaining Season"

Now being the "lady" many of you know me to be, far be it for me to alledge anyone other than myself needs to lose weight..... Frankly, I have to drop 20 lbs. and I have entered into a challenge with a few other of our "sisters"...... Last year I dropped 55 lbs, in a few months and have recently gained back 20 lbs....... I don't think I am the only one who rides the YO-YO....... So, since some of us have already gotten a good start on the weight gaining season, I am proposing to anyone interested to begin tomorrow or as soon as possible a weight loss regime with me. We will become our own support group. In order play, it is prudent to record you weight gain or loss each day when you first get up, prior to breakfast and coffee. The key is maintaining a log daily, then analyzing your progress. We can all help each other with support. I don't care where you start, the key is how you do each day. My scale weighs in1/10 lbs, so I can usually see some movement. I have selected 20 lbs. as my target loss and my friends are probably going to go with that as well........So who's in ?? Who wants to join our small group and work towards a healthier New Year ?
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

I'd love to but I'm down 10 pounds in the last 2 months and I'm a couple pounds from what I weighed when I graduated high School... 175. If I loose much more I start feeling bad and my wife yells at me. Lol. But I will support and cheer you on!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Karren, Then being the competitor you are, you'll just have to pig out for about 2 weeks, then we'll see what you're made of !! lol !

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

Well let's see I am looking to lose about 10 to 15 pounds I would love to join in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Heather Marie, Thanks for joining our little support group to hopefully enter into the New Year a bit healthier and shapelier !!......Maddy

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

Count me in, Madilyn! I definitely want to lose 20 pounds.
    warmly, Linnea

Linnea, and healthier and shaplier too !! We need to have an appropriate "prize" for the winner or winners !! But seriously, if most of us do not gain and actually lose a few then we are winners, particularly this time of year.
    Last edited by Madilyn A.; 12-05-2010 at 05:39 PM. Reason: spell

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

I'm in too! This past summer I had let my weight creep up to 185. So, I really started to watch how I ate and started to exercise more. I've since lost ten pounds and want to get down to around 150 for now. I'm 5'9" and a size 14. I Would like to drop two dress sizes.

Renee
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [SIZE="2"]Huggs, Renee [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Madilyn A. View Post
    Linnea, and healthier and shaplier too !! We need to have an apprpriate "prize" for the winner or winners !! But seriously, if most of us do not gain and actually lose a few then we are winners, particularly this time of year.
    Thank you Madilyn A, I hope to be in better shape and a little healthier, I am looking forward to having the support in this challenge I cannot wait to see how much I lose.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

creating self-roadblocks
    I've got a leg up, I started last Tuesday I have quite a bit more to lose than 20 lbs though. Really didn't have anything to do with the season, just felt it was time to do it. This last summer I was able to lose about 14 lbs in three weeks, but I had a massive gout flare-up that kept me from being active for almost 2 months. Now, after many month and much weight gain, I'm working out 6 days a week again, and I'm not even going to worry about what the scale says. This has become more about my health than about the weight; although the two go hand-in-hand.

Since I don't feel like keeping track of numbers I guess I can't "compete," but it's always nice to have a place to "check-in" and get some motivation.

Good luck to us all,
    Rachael

Gee, I'd love to lose about 20 pounds. But the tining is not right for me to focus on eating less or better. Missing my SO over the holiday season puts me in a downer mood. And unfortunately, I am one of those that when down eats for comfort. Everything I like is not what you would call diet food either. But I am trying to eat less starting with my lunches. I might even start eatig breakfast too. That might curb the late day eating. Another concern of mine is my face tends to lose weight and leave skin kind of hanging in the neck area. Last time I lost weight I had a GG friend tell me to put the weight back on since losing it made me look older! Not a good thinig at my age. So I'll kind of watch what I'm eating in support of my friends here that will commit to losing that 20 pounds, Ihe heavy weight cheer leader. Anyone have a size XXL uniform for me to wear? lol Good luck to you Maddy, Danielle and all that can do it.

I'll join, would love to lose 20 but will settle for 10.
    Dana Fleming

Quote Originally Posted by Madilyn A. View Post
    Karren, Then being the competitor you are, you'll just have to pig out for about 2 weeks, then we'll see what you're made of !! lol !
    FINE!! I stopped at Wendy's and had a Frosty!! Happy?
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Count me in. I got a couple of cute skirts I want to fit into.

I'm with you also Maddy. Count me in for at least 20 pounds. I just hope that I don't loose my boobs...

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Brown View Post
    I'm with you also Maddy. Count me in for at least 20 pounds. I just hope that I don't loose my boobs...
    Nicole, the last time I did a serious diet about 7 years ago, I lost 13 pounds in 19 days. I was married then and my wife walked in one morning and asked me if I was taking anything to grow breasts. Seems I lost in the stomach and love handle area and none in my chest. Even I began to wonder if by magic I was really growing breasts. They sure stuck out and without a shirt looked like women's breasts and not man boobs.

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    Count me in. I got on the scale yesterday and it read well ummm lets just say more than I wanted it to. I am lucky I am in an environment where fast food isnt readily available and I will be able to work out a lot so losing 20 pounds shouldnt be that difficult.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    FINE!! I stopped at Wendy's and had a Frosty!! Happy?

small or large? with or without fries and a burger lol

Maddie,
    can't afford to lose any more weight down to 117 now. need to put on some to feel right

Danni

Count me in -- I have a physical coming up & I have to lose another 20 before then, so the DR doesn't give me a hard time.

I'll join in as well! Been trying to get started to lose 35#, 20 will be a great mid point challenge. I really want to be down all my excess weight by mid summer. Want to buy some new outfits and have a transformation and photo session.

Molly

Im trying to loose some weight myself. 20 pounds would be a good goal. I am _trying_ to cut back on the cokes, but they are free at work.

Thank you all for your interest in being a healthier person,as we enter into the New Year. My thoughts are we are well into the "Weight Gaining Season", then January 1st our thoughts swing towards some type of diet or exercise plan to lose the extra weight we picked up recently. So if we can focus on our weight (and health) now,we stand a much better chance of losing the desired weight. Not to mention the shaplier bodes, the better fit of our favorite clothes, and our general health.

My approach to weight loss : and like many of you I can lose it fairly easily, but somehow, it finds me later in the year, then the YO-YO begins. I have been successful in the past by keeping it simple. By now, we all know what are good foods and bad foods, which will put on weight and which are healthier. Simply eat more good foods and less bad foods. Drink less liquor or softdrinks, you all know the routine. Increase your daily physical exercise. Cut down on portions, etc, etc, etc. !!!

Now we have tons of (bad word) experts who can contibute whatever works for them, tell us what is working for you, tell us when you fell off the wagon, we all will at some point. Lets talk about our goals, for me it's reducing my dress size and getting into a few dresses and jeans I just love ! My extra 20 lbs. has made my face fatter !

I suggest we all start with today's weighing, set your weight goal, and let us all know daily or whenever how you are doing. Let's mark our weight loss in 5 lb. increments, and make sure we celebrate our success'. No need divulge your weight.

You all get the idea, so here we go on a short journey towards the New Years with a new body !!

Good luck to all................Madilyn

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

Although this is not required and anyone who wants to share #'s can. Since it's my thread , I should probably give you mine. First I am a shade over 6'3", so I have a long body to spread my weight. I clocked in at 237 lbs. this morning. My weight goal is to a 22 lb. lose. I want to get down to 215. Last year at this time I was about 275 , long story, but meds had something to do with it. Last year I started to lose weight on Jan 1 and was down to 214 by March 1 . So, I will keep you abreast of my progress. I have a number of suggestions such as use a teaspoon instead of a table spoon, eat as much cabbage, as possible, limit your portion sizes to nothing more than the palm of your hand. All really simple things that work !! I will post how I am doing tomorrow. Wish me luck, as I do you !!.........Madilyn

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Not too sure about the TIMING of this, Madilyn!

I DON'T think the Holidays is a realistic time to START weight loss programs!
    With all the goodies, heavy meals, snacks, etc. available soon, I plan on ADDING up to 10 pounds over the next month! And, with the freezing weather, I could USE the extra padding anyway!

However, after New Years, I'll be READY to join u in losing the Jolly Junk Santa left me!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

my Dr says i need to loose 30+ pounds..but not sure were it will come from. no girl friend or wife so that is out.
    i am only 200 pounds and not skinny but not fat,
    i will try to do this. but i have already had food this am, a bowl of quick oats, glass of oj and 4 slices of dry toast, even had a mourning ehm.
    coffee is heating now. 207.9 this am. up a bit from last week.

should add, i am 51 and 5, 11. and take a bunch of meds daily. pain, bp, more pain, (back and arthritis). plus a handful of otc stuff.
    work 12 - 14 hrs a day, very little time off, and not much time to exercise...but trying.
    Last edited by Loni; 12-06-2010 at 11:28 AM. Reason: add