Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: A Challenge.........as we enter into the "Traditional Weight Gaining Season"

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar
    Great news Jocelyn, congrats ! You need to post a few photos of that new girly figure ! Like Rachel, I have had a loss of motivation, maybe all the grey snowy days we are having here in the northeast as suggested by Lynne, are turning on some primordial instinct that is causing me to go into a hibernation mode, lowering my metabolism and forcing me to eat to gain that extra layer of fat to see me through the winter. Yeah, that's the ticket !!
    Last edited by Madilyn A.; 01-29-2011 at 04:00 PM. Reason: spelling
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

Alright Maddie, this chick's for you! The outfit at least, don't know about the drink!

Haven't tried this diet yet. Anyone know if it works?
    Attached Images Attached Images

I haven't checked back since this started. I began my weight loss efforts Jan 1. I have lost 10 pounds as of this morning! Aiming to lose 40. I bought that nice dress I want to wear as a motivator!
    Molly Wells

Ok I have been bad first I have not posted in a while and second I have not gotten on a scale in about three weeks. Well enough is enough I am back on the wagon with all if my sisters to lose weigh. So I will be back on a regular basis and lose weigh and be a positive force to this challenge.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have the same problem. I go up, I go down. Never stays at one area.

Several of the guys at work are trying the HCG Diet. It is a supplement that makes your body burn the fat. The three that I know have lost about 10 pounds a week in the last month. I would be happy to drop 20 - 25 over the next three months. I am going to try it so I ordered it the other day.

Rachael, Thanks for the suggestion. I have the outfit, love the look. Isn't that Mrs. Cleaver ? Anyway, I guess I can try the Gin and Tonic diet, I lost a few days on it when I was younger also. !! LOL !

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

OK, so Maddy asked me to be at least a cheerleader for this group of dieters if not a participant myself. But I got caught up in it and tried to watch what I eat even more. Well let's just say I'm back to being just the cheerleader. Now believe me, you don't want to see me in that cute cheerleader uniform! YIKES!

Nerdy IT Chick
    Come on, sorry for the necro but we gotta keep up the thinspiration! I hit 145 officially the other day and can now see what used to be the "underside" of my tummy just by looking down. I have hit my goal, time to go eat a steak!
    You can call me Christie!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/59591558@N06/
    All eyes on me when I walk in, no question that this girls a 10. Don't hate me cause I'm beautiful.

Accepted by me and mine Andrea's Lynne's Avatar
    Nice work Christie!!!
    Love

Lynne

I applaud all of you who have reached your weight goals. I have not posted in some time since I actually gained a few pounds. Feeling unhappy with my effort has also had a negative impact on my dressing time as well....... So, I am curious to see how many of you have made progress towards your weight goals and more importantly, the real goal of being happier and healthier !!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

I'm 6' 1'' and weigh about 135 lbs. I wear a size "4".
    I had weighed between 180 to 190 from high school into much of my adult life until...
    Much of my weight loss I attribute to a lot of cycling. I ride my bike everywhere. When I'm not riding I'm walking.
    Today I found out the the city of Des Moines has extensive bike trails. I did 20 miles today and am looking forward to finding out exactly how far they go.
    I enjoy walking and riding bike because you tend to notice things that you otherwise wouldn't if you were driving a car.I'm almost 50 yrs old. I figure that my activity level now will determine what my quality of life will be like when I get older.
    Last edited by dawnmarrie1961; 02-15-2011 at 09:00 PM.
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    It's taken a while, but I've gotten rid of the 7 pounds of holiday "cheer" that I gained at Thanksgiving and then again just before New Years! 181-188-181-188-181, and then finally down to 179!!! Can 175 be far away???

working hard at it!

tina

I have ranged from 215 to 240 all my adult life, but recently I have changed my eating habits. When I weighed myself today I weighed 199. I think thats the first time I have been under 200 in about 10 years. I dont really notice a difference yet, but I do feel a little better.

ghostofdarkness008@yahoo. com
    18 pounds to lose and I will not be fat any more (I am already lost 30)
    stopped CDing

Until achieving my weight loss goal

wish me luck

Well this weekend I finally weighed in under 200!!!! I had been stalled out for weeks between 201 and 203. Hopefully I can keep the ball rolling

Ok, we'll do anything to lose weight! Last week I had a stomach virus...no food, tiny stomach...lost another 2 pounds! Yippee!!

tina

Gold Member
    Will you pass it to me Tina?

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    159 today!! It's been about 3 years since I was last at this weight!!
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

Accepted by me and mine Andrea's Lynne's Avatar
    Way to go Jocelyn!!!! You're definitely ready for swim suit season
    Love

Lynne

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Thanks, I think maybe losing another 5 would not hurt before pulling out the bikini.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

I am down to 223 this am have been eating right for 3 months but the weight seems to leave very slowly. I think I will just keep at it though. Hoping for warmer weather so I can bike and walk outside.

Oh, Sue, this virus was not pretty at all. But, one thing that was positive and reminded me of how much control we do have: after not eating for 2 days, two apples made me stuffed.

We all can make our stomachs need less. It takes a lifestyle change, but it is so worth it!

tina

Great thread, can I join? I'm at 169, which is basically as high as I've been in a couple of years. I'm 5 '11 3/4 :-) I'd like to just be in the high 150s, that's as low as I can go. I was at 220 3 years ago and lost 60 pounds by completely overhauling my diet and exercising at least five days a week. A lot of running,cycling and Jillian Micheals DVD's. I'll post my weight every week or so. I need to lose about 10 pounds..

Amy, Good luck in your pursuit of your weight goals. You did it before and will again we're sure. Please keep us updated with your progress. Me, I still am gaining, can't seem to drop any right now. Hopefully with the upcoming Spring weather, I can get motivated again. Good luck !!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Smile A few pounds from my weight on my FIRST driver's license, 145!

When I was 16, now 60+.

Doesn't SOUND like such a big deal for me. As I changed my eating habits when I got SERIOUS about looking better dressed about 5 years ago! Weighed about 168 then.
    Stopped drinking beer.
    Knocked off fries at lunch.
    Eat liter diners.
    Quit all excersizes except stretching and crunches!

However, I traditionally PUT ON WEIGHT during winter!
    So, losing 10 lbs. since the holidays IS kind of a big deal for ME!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!