Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: From the high, to the low (My mom died)

From the high, to the low (My mom died)

The last 24 hours have sucked pretty hard.

Saturday was pretty good. That morning I went down to Mass to pick up the costume I had made. I had to go for the final fitting and finishing of the hem of the skirt. I spent a couple of hours with the seamstress and had a blast.

That night, I went to Club 313 and hung with the Sisters of Manchester. Again, I had a great time and met some new faces.

I got home around 1 AM, put stuff away, removed makeup, etc. An hour later I got the knock on the door. It was the police. My mom died that night while I was at the club. Shit. She was the happiest she's been in a long time.

So now I'm dealing with all of the stuff concerning the funeral. No one else in the family can or will do it. This sucks.

In the morning, I will get up, call in at work (hoping I don't get the boot for taking too much time off), and start scrounging up enough cash to give her a decent sendoff. She didn't have insurance, and I'm the one who has to make it happen.

Pawn Stars, here I come...

Sorry to be Debbie Downer, but I need to get some of this off my chest.

Thanks for listening,
    Kat

Sorry for your loss..
    I do not!! Claim to be an expert on any topic, when I post a new thread or reply on any thread my imput is strickly that of a crossdresser. Not to offend Gay people , Transexuals or any other life style, I am only commenting on one of my own.

sorry about the loss , i know what u r going through ,my girlfriend lost her grandfather yesterday morning also, god bless u and we all are here for u if u need a shoulder to lean on

I'm sorry to hear that, my condolences...

Quote Originally Posted by matrioshka View Post
    The last 24 hours have sucked pretty hard... I got home around 1 AM, put stuff away, removed makeup, etc. An hour later I got the knock on the door. It was the police. My mom died that night while I was at the club. Shit. She was the happiest she's been in a long time.
    Please accept my most sincere condolences Kat. I was changed 4ever when my mom died several yrs ago. She was my best friend & the only person I truly loved. You never quite get over it...but do learn to live with it.

The key to dealing successfully with your grief is to ensure that the funeral highlights the joys of her life.
    Photographs, favourite music, the things she achieved.
    Remember and cherish forever the good times you spent with her. Do not allow any regrets or guilt to get a show in.

My condolences ...

oh sweetie I'm so sorry. We're here for you.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Kat, I'm sorry for your news - especially receiving it in that way. It is hard to lose your mum, and even harder when you have to cope with all the arrangements. It will take time for you to grieve, but when you do, please don't feel ashamed of your emotions - they are a natural coping mechanism.

Please don't feel sorry for posting this here, it is a support forum and there are many of us who are rooting for you at this moment.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

you have my thoughts and sympathies. Sorry about your loss
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I am sorry for you loss.
    My mother was my best friend it was a very sad day when she passed.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Sorry to hear of your loss, my thoughts are with you at this sad time .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

One more whose thoughts are with you.

Hugs,
    Persephone
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Truth, Love, Freedom Angiemead12's Avatar
    sorry for your loss too.

My deepest sympathies.

My mom died, with only a day or so advance warning that anything was wrong, just over five years ago. She had been, in many ways, my most consistent supporter and strongest influence. My life changed profoundly after that -- but it did not end, and I have accomplished much that is good since then.

Celebrate the years you had together and make the funeral an opportunity for all the visitors to honor her life and feel good about knowing her.

We're thinking about you.

- Diane
    Last edited by Diane Smith; 12-06-2010 at 02:42 AM.

Michigan, SE and Michigan Upper Lower Penn./ just under the bridge like a troll
    Matrioshka, you have my deepest sympathy at this very sad time. I lost my father very suddenly and unexpectedly a little over a year ago. Hang in there, it is going to be rough for a while. Just do the best you can.

My mom's passing is also very fresh as she passed just 2 months ago on Oct 10th. Just a phone call from my dad, trip to the hospital and an hour later the doctor told us she was gone. I think I'm still in that foggy area where we just go through the motions. I also had to make plans and pick the funeral home etc. That's the way she would of wanted it I think. SO sorry for your loss and I do feel your pain and emptiness. They tell me it gets better.

So sorry for your loss.

My condolences to you, hun. I've been in your shoes many times in the last decade.Hope all turns out well.

Please accept my condolences on the loss of your mother

May she rest in peace
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Not sure where I am yet Jay Cee's Avatar
    My condolences, Kat.

Thank you all for taking the time to reply.

God, this hurts.

Kat

Love and good thoughts to you my friend. Strength to you in this difficult time. Charlena
    May the stars carry your sadness away,
    May the flowers fill your heart with beauty,
    May hope forever wipe away your tears,
    And, above all, may silence make you strong.

Chief Dan George

Aspiring Member
    Praying for your mothers soul. Praying so you find the strength to go through this.

Thank you all for taking the time to reply.

God, this hurts.

Kat
    Yes it does. But I will be thinking of you today.

Veronica.
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    God, this hurts.
    Yes it does, but over time the hurt takes on a different feel and you learn to live with it. My mum only died 14 years, 10 months and 1 week ago and I still sometmes cry, but at least I have memories of the good times to help me get through. Please do not forget that your memories of the good times with your mum will keep her alive in your heart for the rest of your life.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity