Thread: Obsess much?

Question Obsess much?

Is there one aspect, or “thing,” about crossdressing that you really obsess about? I think that crossdressing is obsessive in general (at least mine is anyway…), but is there something that you obsess about more than anything else?

For me it’s my nails. I’ll give you an example: I take vitamin D supplements (for the specific purpose of improving my nail strength – don’t even know if it works, but I’ll keep trying…). Also, on a daily basis, I use Barielle Nail Strengthening Cream (at bed time), a hand lotion that’s supposed to make your nails “10 times stronger in just 10 weeks…” (After I shower in the morning…) and I’m constantly checking them for nicks and scrapes. Once a week I do a complete manicure that includes filing, shaping, and exfoliating the hands and then a double coat of Orly Nails for Males. Hairy fingers? Oh no, they get epilated every 10 – 12 days when I do my arms!

So, does anyone else obsess?
    Mina Lost aka Lynda

Gold Member
    After 40+ years in construction, my nails are not pretty.
    How ever, I have noticed that my callouses are fading away.
    Why I got a sliver the other day just picking up a piece of wood
    at the home center. Mercy Mercy, what is this world coming to. LOL Rader

For me, it is my hair. Judging from all of my relationships with women; I think it is fairly typical. I have a huge antique full length mirror mounted on the wall in my office (and several in my bedroom).

I initially hung it such that I could see myself sitting at my office desk. But I could not resist the frequent urges to "check myself out" in the mirror. This led to playing with my hairstyle, which led to adjusting it, which led to obsessive trials with hair clips, hair bands, scrunchies, etc. Before I knew it, it was an hour later and I was still screwing around in the mirror...

So, I moved the mirror to another wall where I could not see myself just by turning my head. It was a productive move toward managing my "office" time, plus I was proud of myself for exercising good "self control' and "self-discipline".

...I'm still working on what happens when I get up to leave the room and catch that glimpse of myself walking... It is on my "to do" list...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Not much. It basically is what it is for me.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I have an obsession about keeping my toe nails painted. I usually keep them painted all the time although I do change colors quite often. It's a fun obsession and keeps me feeling happy.

Jasmine

Keeping smooth, shaved, moisturized, legs. I almost never have prickly legs, I don't like that! =)

I have OCD so I prone to obsessing about many things. As far as my fem side it is definitely my nails. I'm constantly concerned that they all look the same and check them all the time. I very rarely break one but if I do it ruins the effect and I try to hide them instead of show them off. About once a year I'll cut them off just to get a break from worrying about them.
    Jamie
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Body hair.Started with my legs then underarms then the chest and now my arms.I epilate every week.I do hate the fact that epilating takes so much longer then shaving but i want it gone gone gone and can't wait till it just gives up and don't grow back.
    If I knew where it was going to take me I probably would have put my mother's panties back.

Quote Originally Posted by eluuzion View Post
    For me, it is my hair. Judging from all of my relationships with women; I think it is fairly typical. I have a huge antique full length mirror mounted on the wall in my office (and several in my bedroom).

I initially hung it such that I could see myself sitting at my office desk. But I could not resist the frequent urges to "check myself out" in the mirror. This led to playing with my hairstyle, which led to adjusting it, which led to obsessive trials with hair clips, hair bands, scrunchies, etc. Before I knew it, it was an hour later and I was still screwing around in the mirror...

So, I moved the mirror to another wall where I could not see myself just by turning my head. It was a productive move toward managing my "office" time, plus I was proud of myself for exercising good "self control' and "self-discipline".

...I'm still working on what happens when I get up to leave the room and catch that glimpse of myself walking... It is on my "to do" list...

I wish I could obsess over my hair - if only I had any ! Strictly wigs for me - sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by JamieTG View Post
    I have OCD so I prone to obsessing about many things. As far as my fem side it is definitely my nails. I'm constantly concerned that they all look the same and check them all the time. I very rarely break one but if I do it ruins the effect and I try to hide them instead of show them off. About once a year I'll cut them off just to get a break from worrying about them.
    Jamie
    Wow Jamie! Your nail look like I wish mine did!
    Mina Lost aka Lynda

Nails? What are those? Mine get anywhere over 1/16" from the bed and they split and crack.

However it seems that a lot of GGs have that same problem, or for other reasons they keep them real short. So I am in good company.
    You want to wear a WHAT??

I obsess over looking like a pretty girl

Senior Member joannemarie barker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LitaKelley View Post
    I obsess over looking like a pretty girl
    You already are I do too though

I obsess about everything fem. When in drab i never really paid any attention to the details. Now Michelle has to have everything just so. I must drive my SO crazy with questions like does my hair look OK etc.
    I believe therefore I can [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I obsess over my weight. First thing I do every morning is step on the scale. Which tells me how I'm doing and if I can eat that day! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Passing. Posture. Proportion. The 3 P's. The hair, the make-up, the look, the attitude, the walk. I'm not quite there yet, next a voice. I sound like a gay Urkel. So I avoid using a voice. Aw, I'll just grumble in my most gravel Macho Man Randy Savage voice. Optimums Prime, Skelator, Dr. Claw from Inspector Gadget.

Banned Read only
    Do I obsess? Let me count the ways. Toenails. Nylons. High Heels. Thongs. Spanking. Short dresses. Walking in the woods in something scanty. The sound of my heels on the sidewalk. My reflection in the store windows at night. So much to obsess about. So little time.

It seems my obsessions have changed with time, it was make up for a while then couldnt dress without taking dozens of photos , I may have been obsessed with chat rooms for a while also. Now I can spend hours styling wigs with different types of rollers and ideas.
    There was a time all I thought about was my next chance at a girls night out,, maybe Im just getting old LOL

My legs. Since I started shaving them I cant help it. I'm pretty hairy so its never as smooth as I like. I'm buying a damn epilator after xmas, I know I can at least handle it on my legs
    My GF calls me Sasha since being lost in the fog

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I don't obsess over anything physical, at least I don't think I do. However I always have my attention tuned to that wonderful feeling I get when I'm planning to get dressed en femme. While I don't dress as often as I'd like, I cultivate that feeling as often as possible. Often I'll be driving somewhere alone and I'll turn the radio off as it's too much of a distraction from where my mind wants to go. I'd rather be distracted from my driving as I think about my crossdressing than be distracted by the music or talk.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.