Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Trip To Mexico

My Trip To Mexico

So, I posted a question a few days ago in "Flying to Mexico" http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ico&highlight=

Well, I just want to follow up on the outcome of the trip so far and share my story in hopes it encourages others. I know the stories I have read here helped me in taking this step.

My flight to Monterrey from was through Houston. So, I decided to dress at least for the first leg of the trip. I never traveled completely dressed before. The most I ever did was underdress, jeans, a sparkly tee and maybe a necklace. I never actually when all decked out.

I was being dropped off at the airport, so I put on a cute pair of jeans and a tiered top. I wore a bra but no, forms (so it was still relatively flat). I wore a fleece jacket that was relatively neutral, my work shoes and sported a low ponytail. So I looked more guy than gal (for anyone that knew me). Once I got to the airport, I took my coat off, let my hair down and went straight the woman's bathroom. I kept my head down when I entered. Unless someone looked right at me, they would not have noticed my apparent gender. I locked myself into large stall and opened up my suitcase.

I changed into my Nine-West brown suede clogs, put my forms in and put makeup on. I packed all my guy stuff in the suitcase and headed to check in.

I had a first class ticket. It's not often I get theses, but I was close to platinum level in miles and I had to upgrade to first class to get the required miles for the platinum status. The upgrade cost was relatively cheap and worth it. It will come in handy for my travels over the course of the next year. So I was able to check in at the elite counter. It was not crowded and I was able to check right in. I checked my one back and carried on a backpack and purse. The person at the counter looked over my passport, looked at me and didn't even flinch. My hair is in a ponytail in my passport photo and my gender says male.

He took my bag and wished me a good trip. I then went straight to security. I didn't have to wait long in the line there either. I got to take the elite line and went right in. There was a man approaching the line at the same time as me, but he hesitated and offered to let me go ahead. Being a woman has its advantages. Security looked over my passport, and moved me right along. In fact, for the few people in front of me the security guy took more time in evaluating their documents. He was quick with me. Probably just coincidence, but still, makes for a positive experience.

Wow!, what a breeze it is to slip off and on my clogs through security. No shoes to tie. I'm wearing these from now on whether I fly dressed or not. Also, my underwire bra did not set off the metal detectors. So far, this experience is a breeze.

I stopped at the magazine rack to get a marie claire and Glamour magazines, then I went to the presidents club to wait out my time until boarding. The woman at the desk checked my documents and let me right through. It was early, so the bar was not open, so I just had water and rested there for awhile. Then I went and got on the plane when it was time to board. I sat next to a woman who was going home to Houston for the first time in six months. She and her husband were living over seas as part of a job transfer. How exciting must that be?

Anyway, I slept most of the time on the plane, but everyone treated me just as another person. Although, when the captain made his announcement, he welcomed all the "ladies and gentlemen and those who are not ladies and gentlemen." Now, I don't know if that was just his humor, or if he was making a point. I suppose if I was a sensitive person, I would over think it. But I just smiled and sat back and forgot all about it until I started to right this up.

I disembarked at Houston and went to find my connecting gate.I stopped in the woman's room to freshen up my makeup. I noticed that my mascara (or liner) was bleeding under my eye. I had to clean it up. I was using a water proof mascara and they tend to create flakes that fall off and get smudged under the eye, Plus I have oily skin and everything bleeds on my face after awhile.

Anyway, I was originally going to change in Houston so I did not have to go into Mexico dressed. But my short sited-ness spoiled that plan. My male clothes were in my suitcase which was checked all the way through. Oh well, bummer. Maybe I subconsciously did that on purpose (being trapped as a girl has a certain excitement to it). So I waited for my next flight as the girl that I am.

The toughest part about this wait was my call home to the family. Imagine, waking down a corridor and seeing this girl on the phone ahead of you and when she talks you hear this guys voice. Now, my fem voice is not A1, but it is much better then the male voice I use to talk to my kids. But all was well, nobody really cared.

My flight to Mexico from Houston was a puddle jumper. I was in the A seat which is only one seat on that side of the plane. Very tight quarters.Fortunately, I was in row 4, so I was not too far back. This flight was short and like the first flight, nobody said anything to me or even acknowledged me as anything other than just another person.

When I got to Mexico, I went through immigration, got my bag, went through customs, got a cab, checked into the hotel, had dinner, played the piano in the hotel all as Abigail and nothing. Maybe one or two strange looks while at the piano, but that may have just been because I suck at playing piano. Afterwards I went to the room, put on a nighty, cleaned up and went to bed (I was tired).

Well, that was my adventure. I had a great time being a girl for a day and I hope to have many more of them. I am here on business and a colleague is staying here, so I do not know I will have many more out times as Abigail. Heck, I am not sure I want to go out of the hotel as my male self. But if I do, I will be sure to post the conclusion for you all.

In conclusion, I can say that if I ever fly domestically and I am not with someone who doesn't know Abigail, I will in all likelihood, travel enfemme.
    - AF

Look girl, act girl, feel girl ... be girl.

That's great. I am having a similar traveling experience only Ive been driving cross country for the past week, en femme the whole time except one day when my lip was raw meat from laser, shaving, shaving again, more shaving etc. I told myself I wasn't going to dress en femme today but then I thought about it and asked my self why not? To which I replied I don't know. Well I'm going to get dressed then! In fact I totally forgot to bring any male shoes. So the couple of times I've had to switch back to boy mode I've worn black flats with black socks so they wouldn't be as noticeable.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Great story and lovely outcome. And yes, I do think that you did that subconsciously on purpose.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Wonderful story. I would love to hear about going through the Mexican customs and immigration. I just recently made my first domestic air trip en femme and had no problems, though I did get the more thorough pat down, which was more of a delay than a big nuisance. Are you going to fly back en femme? I can't wait to hear about your return. Thanks for sharing.

Well, as I get ready for my final day here in Mexico I figured I would post an update. My flight leaves early in the morning so I will pack tonight. My collegue leaves tonight, so I will have the hotel to myself tonight (well, with hundreds of other people I don't know.) So when I get back from my meeting to day, it will be Abigail until I get home tomorrow night.

I did manage to sneak in some Abi time (outside of sleeping in nighties). I went to the gym and spent some time on the treadmill. That was the first time I ran with forms on. I never thought I would work out enfemme, but I felt really good about myself doing it. I didn't coat on the makeup - a light layer of extended stay pink lipcolor and light on the waterproof mascara just to shift focus from the male features of my face and still have it look like I don't have makeup on.

I also went to the pool in my bathing suit. I cheated though. It was early in the AM and nobody was there.

Anyway, I have a nice dress picked out for dinner tonight and my outfit planned for tomorrow. I'll post the results of my return trip.

Oh, going through Mexican customs and immigration was not a problem at all. No body hesitated or even flinched. I am guessing they really didn't care. My picture looks like me and I guess that is all they care about. That's why I did not have much to tell originally, there just wasn't anything to tell about.
    - AF

Sounds like fun. You know, once you get the attitude that you are doing the right thing and are past the anxiety people recognize your comfort and treat you well. I think the pilot's welcome was not directed to you, but was humor (but in a small way recognizes that everyone is welcome which is positive).
    Chickie

Awesome! And another one gets her wings.
    I also know what you mean about being reluctant to talk on the phone while out dressed. I usually wont answer my phone when I'm dressed for that very reason.
    Sounds like an entirely positive experience! Pretty soon there are gonna be so many of us traveling in the airports that we are gonna start bumping in to each other!

great story about your trip. Thank you
    TO OVER WEIGHT TO POST A PHOTO, MY wife tells me I look like I am pregnant

Abi,
    great story!....you truly are an inspiration for the rest of us...at least for me anyway. You raise the bar for us all.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 12-10-2010 at 03:41 PM.

WOW!!!That is sooo cool...I wish I had the guts to do that...

Welcome to the flying girls club sis

glad you had a good time
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

very nice thanks for shareing this,

Non-adventure

Hi Abi,

Sounds like your trip was a non-adventure. Which is very good, in that you flew under the radar.But to most of us it was an adventure, in being out in this big old world enfemme. Congrats and thanks for sharing it with us.

Renee
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [SIZE="2"]Huggs, Renee [/SIZE]

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    What an exciting experience, Abi! Us closet denizens LOVE to read of success stories like yours! Thank u SO MUCH for sharing!

I DO hope your return to the US was equally "uneventful"!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Thank you so much for relating your experience. It is on my "bucket list" to do the same thing and hearing of the success of other girls makes it seem achievable.

I have just come back from Spain and had no problems whatsoever. Passport control was interesting but I just told them they needed to use a bit of imagination. I got through without question both ways. Oh and I set the alarm off; I think it was the silver butterfly on my grey dress that did it. I didn't know what to do as I needed to be searched. Anyway, this Spanish Officer gestered me over to a pretty senorita. She was a bit phased and didn't know what to do. She made of pretence of searching me and let me through.

So I suppose the moral of the story has to be. If you want to be a succesful terrorist, dress up in a frock! Actually I seem to remember that has been done before.
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Congratulations on joining the ever-growing club! As a flyer, I could feel you excitment and even the "oh s**t" moment when you realized where your boy clothes were. Keep up the good work.
    Leann
    Leann

Enjoy who you are but stay safe.

Abigail, what a wonderful adventure! BTW: i t is easy to see whay you can travel about girl. Your pics are great!, Soooo the girl next door. You are blessed with beautiful hair, and I love the way you style it.

you are blessed young lady

hugs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hugs, msniki48
    Blog
    http://nikishomeawayfromhome.spaces....x?sa=764853634

Wow sounds like you have had a good experience. Congratulations. It is always a good experience to be accepted for who we are. It builds our self esteem so congrats. The subconscious mind is very powerful. I think it definitely had an influence.

Abigail...I just was in amazement over your trip. I hope that someday, I can be just as you and Kimberly traveling..who knows right? I'm so jealous of you both

Well, I just wanted to give a brief note about my return trip.

I got home safely. How is that for brief? Okay, I'll tell a little more.

I had an early flight. So after dinner I decided to go to bed. Besides the lobby bar was packed and I wasn't ready to make conversation as Abigail. It took me years as a male training myself to be confident enough to make conversations with people. Abigail will have the advantage of drawing on that experience, but I am just not there yet. One step at a time.

So, at 5am, I headed out as Abigail. Now, before I continue let me just interject a comment here.

Going out enfemme somewhat anonymous. After all, I am dressed and it is less likely anyone would recognize me as a guy (maybe close up there would be some doubt). However, whether I am passable or not, once I go up to someone and hand over my ID, that person knows and the gig is up. It is like saying, hi, I am a male and I am here dressed like a girl. In addition, when I am in airport lines and on the plane, there is no place to go to avoid detection or to escape if a situation gets uncomfortable. That means it is up to my wit, charm and personality to get me out of a sticky situations. Fortunately, I did not have any of those situations, but to me, these were my anxieties about flying. My prepared answer if a situation were to get sticky is to just admit with a smile “Yes, I am a crossdresser and I am proud of it.”

BTW even after looking at my ID, most people would still mam or miss me or not use any gender words at all. I have only been mister'ed a couple of times (and even only after look at my ID).

So, back to my brief story. Airport check-in was easy. However, they had an open bag check in the line. What was interesting was I was not worried about anyone seeing my girl things in there, but seeing my boy clothes in there (wow what a reversal that was).

I always get attendants that are cheerful and make conversation with me when I travel not dressed, this was no different. Maybe it’s because I always greet people with a smile. But anyway, she made small talk, processed my papers and sped me on my way.

A bought some souvenirs and then went through security. I did cause an alert and got scanned. I had coins in my pockets. They also wanted to search my bag because I had my waist cincher in there which has steel boning. It must have looked suspicious on the scanners. They finished the search and moved me on my way.

I hit the restroom to touch up my makeup. The attendant cheerfully said “Buenos Dias”, I responded in kind, cleaned up and then headed out.

My flight had two legs; Houston, then Newark. I had to do customs and Immigration in Houston. There was not problems there, I got the typical questions “What was the purpose of your business? Etc…”. I went to the presidents club to wait for my next flight. Sat at the bar and got a glass of wine. Got on my next flight, had a glass of wine. Flight attendants were nice as usual.

No one bothered me, I did get stares as I went to and from the toilet, but I think they were just looking at my wild and out of control hair. It’s more comfortable for me to keep it down when sitting and it was quite wavy and firzzy. You should see it when I don’t do anything to it.

As I disembarked the plane I dropped a headband and didn’t know it. But some gentleman caught up to me and gave it back. Another guy behind him commented about needing it to tame hair like that.

Here is the interesting part for me. Whenever I take week long business trips I call a limo service. The cost is only a little more than parking. My driver is also a family friend so I needed to be changed back. I had packed my male shoes and a gender neutral lite jacket in my backpack. My dilemma, do I go to the woman’s room to change or the men’s. I probably should have looked for a family restroom. Anyway, I decided to go to the woman’s.

I took out my forms and removed my makeup in a stall. I then waited a little bit for the crowd to subside and checked myself in the mirror, cleaned up and left. I found a seat and changed jacket and shoes. Tied my hair back and went to baggage claim to meet my driver and get my bag. I was the second person off the plan and the last person to get my bag. There has to be a better way.

Anyway, I told you I would keep it brief.

Thanks to all you girls who have flew and posted, it was your stories that gave me the encouragement to do this. I no longer have a fear of flying … enfemme and will most likely do it whenever I can. Why? Because I am a crossdresser and loving it.

Love,
    Abigail
    - AF

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Thank you for the follow-up.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Great follow-up Abigail. I love your writing style and no, it was not too long. Now, you need to fly more often so that we can read your wonderful stories.

I know what you mean about having no place to hide in an airport. I think that is the hardest part of flying dressed. Congratulations on joining the club. We are glad to have a new member. You do have to remember that new members have to pay for dinner.
    Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by AKAMichelle View Post
    I know what you mean about having no place to hide in an airport. I think that is the hardest part of flying dressed. Congratulations on joining the club. We are glad to have a new member. You do have to remember that new members have to pay for dinner.
    Fair enough Michelle. If I ever get to Denver (which is likely), I will let you know and dinner is on me. Is McDonalds good?
    - AF