Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It is 10 degrees out and i am not the only one wearing a skirt!!

You are my Hero!!!!! errrrr heroine?!?!?!?

ahhhhh I love YA
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hugs, msniki48
    Blog
    http://nikishomeawayfromhome.spaces....x?sa=764853634

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Well its the last day of a business trip and since yesterday afternoon I've been enfemme. Around the hotel and went out to eat.. Its really been snowing the last few days so today I decided to wear a brown skirt, tights and boots to drive home in. And as I was carrying my luggage to the car I passed two other women in the lobby both wearing skirts... Heading out in this 10 degree snowy weather! Seee!! All you jeans lovers.... Women do wear skirts even in bad weather!! And they looked hot! Lol. So I checked out and went and got gas. Now I'm heading north... Need to stop for lunch later.. Maybe some shopping and some photo ops! . Plan to spend 24 hours straight dressed... And enjoying every minute of it!
    Ya !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your my kind of Lady giggles -

Pam

10 degrees and wearing a skirt!?!? you the man...er....you a manly girl...I mean...you a girlie man.......you go, girl!!!!

I only wear skirts in really cold weather because my lovely warm insulated knee-high leather boots don't work with pants. They don't fit under or over, so I just wear warm tights and a long warm skirt. Unless I'm having to bend way over, like if I'm shoveling snow, then I make do with jeans and tights underneath, and inferior footwear.

Gold Member
    Good for you Karen....Sounded like you had a blast...a cold one at that, but that's what life is all about.

The highest of heels! Helen H. Heels's Avatar
    Hey Karen, I like my longer clingy skirts and of course high heeled boots! The heels give me support in the snow.
    Helen

O.K. Karren, we get your point. LOL I'm sorry, but when it is that cold, I'll be wearing jeans with tights underneath, and the warmest sweaters that I own. After 30 years in the Tampa Bay area, I still freeze when the temps drop below 40. This is winter #5 here in Tn. and I still ain't liking the cold!!

Glamerous Granny carolinewalker_2000's Avatar
    Jeans are a definite no-no in cold weather - doesn't matter whether you are in boy or girl mode - they just don't keep you warm. For me, at this time of year, the preferred clothing is thick tights under wool trousers and sensible boots. (ie ones you can stand up in on ice; not smooth soled, spike heels.) Occasionally it is better to be "safe not sorry".
    [SIZE="3"]Caroline

Tranny Granny
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by SherriePall View Post
    Karren lives in the bituminous belt so she's a little softer than us Anthracite girls. LOL
    I can't imagine how "soft" those lignite area girls are! Lol

Took a bunch of photos just need to find time to upload them.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Dang Karen! You just made me sad and a little jealous, I haven't gotten in my car and just take off somewhere on long trips for a while, I used to love doing that, but ever since I been a single parent I can't seem to feel comfortable doing that anymore, just got few more years to go and I'll be free!!!

Take care, Love Ericka
    She's back

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Originally planned to go out with my Friend last Monday,was pretty cold and planned on wearing My Long Black skirt with high heel boots,Well that was until my part of Scotland turned into the frozen North,-10 degrees,deep snow causing travel chos.Well that was my plans for a day out scuppered Now If I was to think about venturing out in these Conditions it would HAVE to be Trousers or (soz karren)Denims,never mind Scarf,gloves,Heavy Coat and thermal undies (Woot woo!) Oh! Well just have to wait till just got the usual Rain to contend with LOL

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Ericka2 View Post
    just got few more years to go and I'll be free!!!
    You only think your going to be free! Lol. Mine are 20 and 24.... Our neighbor's son is 40.... They never go away any more! Sigh.

.......My Photos

To all those who have been wearing skirts walking in the woods; the last two days I've needed my snowshoes to walk in the woods. Most of southern Ontario has been buried. Skirts and snowshoes seem like something that should be on Sesame Street under "which of these things".
    And Karren, I am still envious. I live for the possibility of an uneventful day like yours.
    Sarah M..,
    Women's clothes? I don't put them on, I just grew into them.
    http://sarahjanus.wordpress.com
    www.facebook.com/sarah.m.janus

Quote Originally Posted by t-girlxsophie View Post
    Originally planned to go out with my Friend last Monday,was pretty cold and planned on wearing My Long Black skirt with high heel boots,Well that was until my part of Scotland turned into the frozen North,-10 degrees,
    Sophie
    Is that degrees C or degrees F? We really need to specify which when we describe temperatures. -10 deg F would be -23 deg C.

Regards,

John

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Michelle View Post
    Skirts and snowshoes seem like something that should be on Sesame Street under "which of these things".
    I do a bit of cross-country skiing (would prefer to do more.) But pretty much every time I go out cross-country, I get this urge to ski in a skirt, even on group trips! I've gone a couple of times in a long denim skirt near my house, alone though.

A skirt might not be anywhere near as aerodynamically efficient or engineered for warmth as ski pants, but if the day isn't so bad out, why not? Though I'd wear tights for modesty for when I fall down... and to keep the snow from flying up directly on to my legs!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnH View Post
    Is that degrees C or degrees F? We really need to specify which when we describe temperatures. -10 deg F would be -23 deg C.

Regards,

John
    Or kalvin??

.......My Photos

Or kalvin??
    It's impossible to have a negative number of an absolute temperature scale:
    Kelvin [Deg C - 273.15]

or

Rankine [deg F - 459.67]

John

I prefer it to be cool to cold. I guess I run a bit warmer than most people and so the cool air feels wonderful to me.

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar
    ............. Then stopped in Summersville and at McDonald's. .............. And get a soda. More driving stopping at Clarksburg ................... Then I swung through burger king and got a milk shake.

[SIZE="3"]Karren, McDonalds, Burger Kings, sodas, milkshakes and still at your high school weight, How do you do it ? LOL ![/SIZE]
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

way to go girl

Karen,

You are just one hot Mama, you go girl!

Cissy

Karren -- Did you mention pics? Waiting to see them. Any taken outside? Or were you shivering too much to get a good pic?
    Seriously, I wore a skirt slightly above my knees once in 21 or 22 degree weather. You know I wasn't really cold because I think I was too busy trying to walk femme in my heels.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

All this talk of cold just makes me want to mention that we are still wearing mini-skirts and sandals in some parts of California. It was 70 degrees today. :-))
    My love is god; let's go get a slushie . . .