Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maybe Full time would not be as fun

well i try to be loni as much as i can, even doing car work in-fem. (sorry karren) but i do cut fire wood while i am in a pair of skinny jeans, would hate to get my skirt caught in the chain..and i do not want someone looking up my skirt if i am under the jeep.
    but if a gg must do such i try to do such. yes wig forms and all.

so i guess i can say i am almost living full time. but the job is almost all drab. company required outer things.

Truth, Love, Freedom Angiemead12's Avatar
    I agree, it's so much work to present as a fully made up woman 24/7 but even women have their down time. We just over compensate our looks hence we have to work harder at it.

When I wax my beard and take a trip to japan I'll go for a few days en femme!

Quote Originally Posted by Angiemead12 View Post
    I agree, it's so much work to present as a fully made up woman 24/7 but even women have their down time. We just over compensate our looks hence we have to work harder at it.

When I wax my beard and take a trip to japan I'll go for a few days en femme!

yes i agree it is alot of work, i guess if i were much more passable and felt totally confident being fem it would be easier to stay en fem all the time.

Platinum Member
    I know each of us is different in our need, circumstances and our innate physical and emotional make up. I envy those of you who can blend or pass...I can't realistically. But I have spent 24/7 (minus occassional public time)with my wife, entirely enfemme for days on end, months really, and honestly, I never tired of it...or more accurately, I never thought for a moment of being any other way. so to paraphrase another Kim says above, I don't necessarily need to dress up all the time, I just need to be me.

Being a fulltime woman is hard work. Being a part-time crossdresser would be simpler for all of us. Not that it is easy to be a crossdresser at any time. The time,expense,and dedication that is expended in our mutual endeavor is mindnumbing.

A 24/7 crossdressing woman, a transitioning woman, a transitioned woman, or a GG has more than just appearence needs. It encompsses not only looks but includes every aspect of our lives social,business,family to you name it. We can't ever not be a woman and all that it entails for us.

So NO it is not as much fun but YES it is very much worth it.

Danni

I understand this topic seems to assume a generalized perspective vantage point. If looking at acumen and physical “labor” females devote toward even their basic appearance, I agree that recognition is certainly due. Compared to a female, a male pales in devotion to detail devoted to physical appearance before going out in public.

But if the due diligence in “female appearance maintenance” is being viewed in terms of a comparison between a genetic male and genetic female, where both share a common goal (displaying a public image which is socially perceived as “female”), a few basic factors seem to have been overlooked here. One critical factor being “genetic sex”.

Attempting to “compare” the effort required by a genetic male to “pass” as a female…with the effort required by a genetic female to present as a “female” within the context of implying both are starting from a “level playing field”, is applying an invalid assumption.

A genetic male has a host of obstacles to mask or modify prior to reaching a point that even vaguely resembles a “level playing field” starting point (where both begin “getting dressed & ready to go out in public“).

In my opinion, much of the “preparation” and “maintenance” required to be female, may not be as exhaustive to females as it appears to be for the genetic males endeavoring to “pass” as females. Genetic females have the advantage of having female physical attributes to start with. The also have acquired the tips and shortcuts gained over a lifetime of growing up female. Thus, what takes a CD hours to accomplish (in appearance), can be perfected in 15 minutes by the typical female. It has just become a simple “routine”, like face shaving is for a male.

Many of the things females have mastered and do easily, will always require substantial effort on the part of a CD.

Hey, let’s face it, being a CD is not an easy job. But somebody has got to do it, right?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I agree . It IS a lot of work. Maybe that is one reason that GG's are presenting the way they are nowadays. There are surely a lot less June Cleavers amongst the populus in the 21st century than there was 50-60 years ago. More women HAVE to work, and many less stay at home, maybe equals a little bit of a time constraint for them too.

I wonder sometimes, The initial thought is, living full time would be great. But I bekieve that you are right, after the initial break in period. I am not sure that the fun would still be there. I would love to have more "Raychel Time", But as far as giong full time. I am thinking that is probably not the best idea.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I agree with Eluzion and add in that it all has to do with "natural femininity"..A gg USUALLY has it already!lol We don't[some of us],so our work is in creating "passability".There are some more natural beauties on here that can pull off a range of looks with little effort while most of us can't...That is where the sunglasses and hats come into it..lol Or the sweatpants with something like PINK across the butt..[attractor].

I'm with Karen. It is too much work. "Lazy" is my middle name.

Quote Originally Posted by jacky83 View Post
    [SIZE="3"]It seems to me, if one goes full time the novelty would wear off and thus be less fun. [/SIZE]
    isnt that the reason ggs get makeovers and such and new hairstyles and colors and different nails, women get bored with them selves too hence the shopping and always getting new shoes

I think you'd have to do like most GGs do, which is have 2 or 3 modes:
    • For weekends and every day stuff, you'd have to develop a look you can throw together in 30 minutes (not counting the leg shaving routine etc) for knocking about, errands, etc. A quick shave (see below), throw on some light makeup, a skirt or shorts or jeans, hair and a couple of accessories, and go about your business. I might even skip the breastforms a lot of the time.
    • If you're working femme, you'd just have to accept the fact that your day is going to be an hour longer than guys, cuz you're gonna have to spend that long getting ready in the morning. GGs do it all the time.
    • Then there's the glam mode, which is less often but requires "the works", including trips to the salons and shopping.

The biggest problem to me is the facial shaving twice a day. I think a good electric razor, as suggested in another thread, would be the answer, else you'd eventually run out of skin! Use electric for every day, and the blade(s) for special occasions.
    Last edited by sherri; 12-09-2010 at 09:07 AM.

when I transitioned back in the early 80's, the first several weeks were 'fun and games'. The key difference once the novelty wore off, I was more comfortable as a her than as a him. And yes, I DID change the spark plugs and oil in the car once in a minidress and 4 inch heels just to try it...and never did it again!

Jenn

Quote Originally Posted by Barb123 View Post
    ....... As a guy I can put on whatever, go to Lowe's, change oil, and have no expectation placed on me by anyone else. At least I do not feel any.

I think as a woman I would feel like I am being evaluated all the time, especially by other woman. Men look for an attractive gal and if she is not, then he just say “OK" and moves on. But as a woman, I think she is always comparing herself to other woman, how they prepared themselves or how she behaves (ladylike). She also knows others are doing that evaluation on her.

Or I am missing this all together?
    Next time you go to Walmart, find a place to sit and watch the "genuine" women shopping there. Who are they trying to impress?

Check some of the photos here:
    http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

You can live as a woman and dress however you wish. Just remember to shave and sit down to pee!
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Quote Originally Posted by Kim_Bitzflick View Post
    I don't need to dress up all the time to be a girl, I just need to be me.
    Very good point which illustrates a valid difference in some of the mindsets within our community.

Quote Originally Posted by eluuzion View Post
    A genetic male has a host of obstacles to mask or modify prior to reaching a point that even vaguely resembles a “level playing field” starting point (where both begin “getting dressed & ready to go out in public“).

In my opinion, much of the “preparation” and “maintenance” required to be female, may not be as exhaustive to females as it appears to be for the genetic males endeavoring to “pass” as females. Genetic females have the advantage of having female physical attributes to start with. The also have acquired the tips and shortcuts gained over a lifetime of growing up female. Thus, what takes a CD hours to accomplish (in appearance), can be perfected in 15 minutes by the typical female. It has just become a simple “routine”, like face shaving is for a male.

Many of the things females have mastered and do easily, will always require substantial effort on the part of a CD.
    Very well stated. Shaving one's face is a perfect example. Not only is it a pain and typically requires heavier coverage makeup along with more application time and technique, it grows back quickly which can make that all day presentation difficult at best.

Speaking as one who is undergoing electrolysis on my face and tweezes the rest when I go out and about, I can tell you that once this is done, the time it takes to "put on the girl" is drastically reduced. There is so much advantage to being able to toss on a light powder foundation to smooth out one's complexion, not to mention perfecting other makeup techniques which are quick, easy & appropriate for daytime looks. Wearing lower-maintenance casual clothing makes the whole thing that much easier. Travelling along this path makes that effort which many of us find so exhausting pretty much disappear, thus being more conducive to a full-time presentation and/or life.

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Maybe this is why many TSs cease to place so much importance on their looks. They've altered their appearance with HRT, electrolysis, perhaps FFS, so they begin to feel comfortable in not looking like men even with nothing on, and this gives them the confidence to just be who they are without so much emphasis on fashion and makeup?
    This is true to a certain extent but it also speaks to the fact that the woman who transitions simply settles into a presentation routine similar to that of any other woman out there.

That said, there seems to be pressure from the community as well which discourages exhibition of any fondness for the trappings of femininity. Otherwise, once cannot truly be a TS, right? Of course this is nonsense. I will stand by the fact that just as there are differences among natal females when it comes to presentation, fondness for clothing/shoes (or lack thereof) and the wearing of makeup, the same goes for the TS woman.
    Last edited by Sara Jessica; 12-09-2010 at 09:42 AM.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

I would stay with my part time dressing status. Dressing up every day would be too much work. LOL
    [SIZE="4"]Mary Jane[/SIZE]

May those that love us, love us. Those that don't love
    us may God turn their hearts. And if he can't turn their
    hearts, may he turn their ankles, so we'll know them by their limping.

I for one have lived full time as Nicole on many occasions for a week at a time and once was able to live en fem for a little over 2 weeks. Yes, I did need to get up a little earlier each day to apply my makeup and do my hair, but that is me just living the life I wanted to live. I won't claim to have changed the oil in my car while dressed as Nicole, but then I don't change it myself when in drab. I have had to changed a tire while in a dress and 3" pumps, but that was only because I didn't want to wait for the auto club to arrive.

I have visited Lowe's and the Home Depot many time while fully dressed and was accepted as any one of the woman who were also there at the same time. I go shopping wherever I like and purchase whatever I need and don't worry about it.

The way each of us chooses to live our lives is a very personal issue. What is good for you may not be good for me, and this is fine, we are each after all different people. If being part time works for you so be it, enjoy your chosen lifestyle. I personally am living part time due to necessity, this I hope will change in the near future. For me, living my live as Nicole full time is what is right for me and I can't wait to begin my new life totally en fem.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I only have so many hours in the day and if I were to try to bring my daily presentation to a level where I could go out en femme, I'd need a 26 hour day. I can't give up sleep nor can I not be there to help my wife or others in the family. I suppose there might be some ways to develop shorecuts, like permanent beard removal, but that doesn't fit the budget for now. Full time might be very satisfying and even fun on occasion but not only is there a lack of acceptance and understanding beyond my wife, there just isn't enough time.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I retired 3 years ago, and wear nothing but a dress around the house. I do not go out dressed. As is the case with most GG's, I don't put make-up on most days. Occasionally though, I'll put on everything including long nails. On those days I usually will do a fancy dinner for my wife and myself. She loves it. It is those days that makes me feel super feminine. The other days I an just Linda. When we go out shopping, I always wear panties, and my wife will ask me to put on a dress when we return home. Life is great!

Since I retired I will go 24/4 or 5, as Tina, just as any other women does, many days it's just a pair of Capri's knit top and a pair of flats, no wig and no makeup. The house work gets done I feel feminine, and I'm dressed as fast as when in drab. Some days it's nylons, heels and everything that goes with it, thats days I'm not mopping floors or something. Five years of it and it hasn't gotten old yet!
    Tina B.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Isn't it really locked into our goals as male to female transgenders? For those of us who really do not like presenting as men, it's got to be heaven to be able to be the women they wish to be, regardless of the struggles. In fact, those struggles would become a badge of honor in the process.

For the rest of us who want to be a part of both genders, the method, frequency, and duration of transformation will reflect not only the desires of our transgendered selves, but also the situation in which we find ourselves. I would surely like to attempt a set of longer-duration transformations in order to gain the understanding of what that means, especially all the little details that would be required to maintain the feminine gender smoothly and consistently. Since I don't want to lose my masculine self, I'm pretty sure that my femme self find that a turnabout had happened: right now I yearn to transform to Tina as I'm mostly male at this point, so I'm pretty sure the as Tina for a period of time that yearning to go back to being male for a while would grow.

We are who we are

tina

I am pretty much dressed all the time. Neither sex is fun all the time but instead I see myself as female so it is right more so than fun.
    SRS January 27

I dress whenever I feel like it. My femme clothing is a cross between street casual (which I shlep around at home in), and dressy/socializing/cocktail. I yearn to go out in public as much as possible, not because I am an exhibitionist, but because I crave anonymity as a woman. It's something tat takes some skill, and I'm up for the challenge. I want to look as believable as possible to anyone, at any given time, and am planning on doing electrolysis & laser after the holiday season. I've even lost close to 30 lbs in a year and a half just to look more feminine. I grew tired of looking like the bloke who did bench presses and free weights, then ended up looking like a fat shlub after I fell of the excersise routine and quaffed a few beers....basically I looked like every other bloke out there. Now I'm hoping to grow my hair down past my shoulders.

Oh yeah, and there's still a strong part of me that likes to be a guy, and do manly things......weird, eh?
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 12-09-2010 at 09:21 PM.