Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tattoo areas?

tattoo areas?

i am thinking about getting a tattoo and don't know where to put it to make me passable and not instant "look a guy in a dress" type thing let me know ladies

Thats a hard one to answer since only you know what statement the tattoo represents.Are you looking at body art like LA Ink or just a small tattoo.I have a small one on my upper arm that is easy to cover.One thing to keep in mind is you will get older and that tattoo will change.ie: what was once a humming bird could turn into a vulture.I know a girl who had body art on her stomach and was beautifull till she got pregnant and now has stretch marks all through it.hugs Michelle
    If I knew where it was going to take me I probably would have put my mother's panties back.

These days you can have a tattoo anywhere so it is not so much as where to have it but more on what is it going to be so maybe go for a gender neutral one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Tiny little hearts on the ankle seem to be a popular choice.

As a general rule...I would suggest avoiding any type of battleship on your chest.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i recently got my frist tatto a butterfly it's not on view on the public it's just below my panty line.

I'm not in favor of tatoos because, as one ages, that pretty heart or butterfly takes on the appearance of an ugly bruise.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

I suggest the ankle for a first feminine tattoo. It's very popular among women but also fairly easy to hide in male mode.

- Diane

Aspiring Member
    Don't do it.
    A hole created by a piercing will heal itself.
    Makeup can be washed off.
    Hair will grow back.
    A tattoo is forever.

See my reply to this thread http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...CD-tattoo-type . The same answer applies here as well.

The eagle on the lower back soon beomes a turkey sliding into the buttcrack...No way is ink going to feminize you!!!

I had a Marine Corps emblem tattooed in the middle of my back a quarter of a century ago, between the shoulder blades, and am damn proud of it still! It's faded a bit, but has stretched barely at all. The young female things seem to get Celtic or Tribal designs on the small of the back and the neck, and butterflies on the ankle and calf areas. I'd stay away from the forearms and biceps and shoulders which are thought of more as masculine tattoo areas. I knew a guy who had a Cobra (the snake, not the car) rising from the base of his penis. It was impressive, but must have hurt like blue blazes when it was being done.

There is nothing about tattoos that are feminine. I got them in my male mind and now wish I had not.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Shari View Post
    Don't do it.
    A tattoo is forever.
    Consider using Infinitink inks. It is a microencapulated ink that can be much more easily removed (but is permanent until/unless removed).

I have a rose just above left ankle and a fem purple dragon left shoulder that can be seen with the crrect bra and top on

Nothing says serious cd'er quite like a trampstamp.

I want to get a couple small ones too. I was thinking one on the inner wrist with Chinese, Japanese or Thai characters that means something special to me. Then maybe a small rose, butterfly, something dainty and femme on my upper arm,, hip, somewhere I like. I have seen a lot of very attractive girls and women with delicate tattoos and ones with the foreign language script and they all looked good and not something to regret later in life. Since I am already later in life, I will fade, stretch, shrink and decay far faster than any tattoo that I may get.

Barbie:i want a stamp wife said ok but i can't decide what i want

Aspiring Member

Would Coco Chanel do this?

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor88 View Post
    i am thinking about getting a tattoo and don't know where to put it to make me passable and not instant "look a guy in a dress" type thing let me know ladies
    Personally, I think tattoos are ugly, un-feminine and can't imagine anyone wanting to have one. I believe that a lot of women now have them as part of the masculinization of females that has been going on for a few generations. I see young girls covered with tattoos and see that they have made truly life-altering changes to their body. Since they have no idea about the future--and maybe don't care about it either--it is something, that while it can be removed at great cost and pain and probably scars as well, it makes one wonder "what the hell were they thinking about"? It could affect marriage possibiities, jobs, loss of self image and respect--a whole litany of possibilities.
    IF you must have one, look into the semi-permanent kinds that Hollywood uses--I've seen adverts but at the moment can't remember where. Try the tattoo mags, google--whatever.
    If you are going to have a tattoo, why hide it? If it IS body art, then get one that you can display prominently. The aforementined penis/cobra tattoo could be a problem though. You wouldn't buy a hat, then leave it in the closet, would you, just to say you had one?.

Unfortunately i have several, from years ago on my arms thought i could become more masculine and hide how i truly feel, i was 17 am now 57 what a stupid mistake i wish i new how to hide them or get rid of them without ugly scarring as they don,t help me at all. I suggest you don,t get one they are forever.

Truth, Love, Freedom Angiemead12's Avatar
    I have quite a few and dont regret it, most of my tatts are small and meaningful. located on my wrists, inner arm, forearm, chest, and hip.

Come and talk with me ;) Briana90802's Avatar
    I recently got a big tattoo on my shoulder and thought that maybe it would look too masculine. It's a tribal tattoo design with swirls. And then the other day I saw a girl with a similar tattoo and I loved it because it was like mine very fem and only slightly different. I'm now going to add to my tattoo so that it's more femme and yet it'll still be ok in guy mode.

That's the beauty of tribal tattoos, can be very femme and boyish at the same time. Just depends on the clothes you wear.

Btw her tattoo was just like mine in that it had slightly more slender lines and they faded towards the ends
    Last edited by Briana90802; 01-23-2011 at 11:39 AM.

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    Quote Originally Posted by donnalee View Post
    I'm not in favor of tatoos because, as one ages, that pretty heart or butterfly takes on the appearance of an ugly bruise.
    I don't know that i would agree with that. I wouldn't get one on a part of the body that can change considerably like the stomach. Sometimes when the tattoo becomes less visible it needs to be touched up.

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    Quote Originally Posted by gaylegirlify View Post
    Unfortunately i have several, from years ago on my arms thought i could become more masculine and hide how i truly feel, i was 17 am now 57 what a stupid mistake i wish i new how to hide them or get rid of them without ugly scarring as they don,t help me at all. I suggest you don,t get one they are forever.
    If the tattoos were bad and no longer have meaning how about a cover-up tattoo?

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor88 View Post
    The only unisex tattoo area is on the shoulderblade. Give that a try.

Alisa Parra
    I def have to cover mine up with bandanna or long sleeves.. thinking i shouldnt have gotten it now