Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: To the basics: Why do you cross-dress?

See my sig. Because it is me!
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Aspiring Member
    I crossdress because i like the choice of cloths available to females.
    I enjoy putting them on and getting in touch with my feminine side

Hose & Heel Loving Divia. Lee Andrews's Avatar
    Why? Why? Why?

Well isn't that the million dollar question. I still wonder why time to time and read articles when I come across one hoping to find something that pertains to my situation but for the most part they never do. Everyone is a little different. I always admired my mother when she dressed up for work. I was always amazed how she went from boring, drab mother and housewife to a sophisticated, beautiful lady ready to take on the business world everyday. I know that is the reason I started but why would a young boy that loves to do everything a boy does get an urge to put on his mothers undergarments and clothes and pretend to be a girl once and a while?

What made me put on those first pair of pantyhose that first time way back when?

Why was that urge so strong?

Why wasn't that one time enough?

What I do know is that I enjoy the feeling of nylons, my favourite. By extension the look of high heels on a great pair of legs. I love the look of my painted toe nails. If I could go in public with just nylons, high heels and a nice pair of jeans I would be a happy man. I try not to dwell on it anymore because I feel it is a waste of time and energy. If one day the light bulb in my head goes off and the answer presents itself great. If not then I will just try and enjoy the cards I've been dealt in this crazy thing we call life.
    Trying to come to grips with this lovely thing called Crossdressing.

Thankful there is a place to ask for help.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    How ELSE can I get with a young, hot babe!?
    At first, Doc's answer to the question may seem to be comical, flip, tongue-in cheek. But there are many of us who crossdress for the purpose of, and in the style of, creating the ideal hot, young, sexy, beautiful woman of our dreams, as we picture it. My very own designer woman, created just for me. If only a "real" woman could excite as much as a reflection in the mirror.

I've dressed for over 60 years, spent many years trying to find out the why of it all. I've read many theory's, and came up with a couple of my own, but the only thing I know for sure is, there is no simple answer to a complicated question. Some may do it for fun, or style, me I like Karren, am driven to it. At times in my life I have tried suppressing the desire, I wanted to be "normal", but when I was being normal, I found myself depressed, sullen, and angry all at the same time, I was miserable, and at times I will admit to having suicidal thoughts even. So for me I stopped asking myself why, and started asking myself how. The answer to that was to come clean with my wife, tell her all about Tina, and either we would work it out, or I would have to do it on my own, but the fight was over. I am still in the closet, by choice, but I dress at home about half the time. It keeps me happy and sane, and the wife doesn't mind having a girl friend that cooks and cleans house, so it works for us, and I no longer really care why, I wouldn't give it up now days even if someone came up with a "cure".
    Tina B.

Eazy one.

Even as a male, I have a desire to identify with females. You don't have to actually be a Pittsburg Pirate (or Pinguin, ala Karren) to wear the jersey that the players wear, just a fan who wants to identify with them.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

Pretty simple I guess, I like womens clothes. With life being as stressful and hard as it is sometimes, This is one thing that I do for me. I simply relax and enjoy fine womens clothes.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I don't have a real good answer. That's one of the reasons that I joined this forum. Maybe in time I'll figure out why. All I know is that I really like to crossdress, and the more feminine that I can make myself, the better I feel. It also does excite me sexually when I'm dressed.

I have an inner need, or urge, or desire to dress as a girl or woman. It is both erotic (in the general sense of eros),
    and to feel myself in the self-identity as female. I am stuck being a male, but the desire to look and feel and be female can be strong sometimes.
    It's an inner desire...
    --------
    Love your woman within...

Know thy self -- Be your true self......

Life is like a box of..
    I think I crossdress because of the economy (lol joke) it's all obama's fault.

I wish I knew that answer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    “Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces.
    Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.”
    -Ashley Smith

Why do I crossdress? Hell, I dont know.And after so many years, I really dont care.I am sensitive to what other
    people think about it, (the device and the mechanics and perhaps the morphology) whether they think ime just
    a gay male or from another world, but how does one explain the fantastic? ........dana

Please don't get me wrong....I'm not dismissing this question as silly...but this question is silly, I guess. Why do I dress? Since I was old enough to walk I have dressed, and continue to do so, and can't see any reason why I would stop. I also breathe in and out. One will stop when the other stops. Reasons? No reason, it just IS. Good enough for me.
    Crysten

"Addicted to Victoria's Secret".

Damned if I know; it just IS.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Because I'm driven to!! I have no clue why except my mother telling me I was supposed to have been a girl... Telling me a lot...
    I was told that by my mother many times..I have two older brothers and my parents wanted a girl and instead ..LOL..Got me.. A little curly headed bundle of joy ..She never rejected me tho and always said she was happy with all of her kids .. I do feel that while in the early stages of prenancy the mother may have some effect to hormone unbalances..
    I do not!! Claim to be an expert on any topic, when I post a new thread or reply on any thread my imput is strickly that of a crossdresser. Not to offend Gay people , Transexuals or any other life style, I am only commenting on one of my own.

A handful of the replies seem to be a passive-aggressive rebuttle to asking the question "why" at all. I realize that for some it may be a tender topic, and there may be some form of inner conflict that results in a rejection of validity, but I think for most it's an interesting experience to explore the "why". I know it has definitely helped me understand a few things better for myself! I noticed a few have implied that this thread has been valuable for them even if, at the very least, to connect with an understanding of themselves vicariously through another. Productivity is productive.

What I'm saying is, whether "why" is a valid question or not... isn't really the question
    [SIZE="2"]"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not"[/SIZE]

I've just learned to accept it in my life after years of on and off dressing. I just feel complete when dressed. I dont know lol plus I think I make a better girl than guy haha
    Susan Kristen
    Feel free to chat with me at susancd31@gmail.com

I have tried in so many ways to just quit dressing, but i am always coming back. And that is because I dont feel good when i dont do it. I get big stress-problems and really dont feel well at all. So now i just let it go. Hopefully i will be able to stop sometime, but i doubt. It just feels to naturally to express my body in a way that really works. I think its a part of expressing something that i cant express as a guy. I have always been clear with that if i dont pass as a girl i will quit immideately. Its the pass that is the thrill for me, nothing else.

I don' know why, but days when i am alone i put on a skirt and pantyhose and just relaxes on the couch. I would never relaxes like that in male mood.

I read most of the replies and we all seem to have a little different reason for taking to the fem side. Just turned the big 65 a couple of weeks ago and I know I have many reasons for dressing and some are pretty complicated. I love the feel and the look when I gaze into the mirror when in fem mode. A little sexual. I think my top reason is that I seem to feel 20 years younger. Why, I have asked myself that a thousand times, no answer. Started when I was like 14 and try to dress at least once a week now. Usually stay dressed all night and hate to change in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Because I'm driven to!! I have no clue why except my mother telling me I was supposed to have been a girl... Telling me a lot...
    My mom told me I was supposed to be a girl as well but later told me she was glad she had three boys instead seeing how girls seem like they are hard to raise, or she sees all the women around having a good lot of trouble.. Why I cross dress? I have no clue why I started, all I know is with the best of intentions every time I tried to stop it came back as every time before.. I wish I knew why I had and still do have the urge to wear womens clothing.. All I do know is that while I have had a fairly long lull in not dressing up at all (although I do wear shoes daily) I know that if I were to try to throw everything away now, the likelihood is that within a few days I would miss it and dive head first into the deep end once again.. It's the knowing that I have the clothes that keeps everything in ok shape.. I guess..

Quote Originally Posted by spotlessMind View Post
    What I'm saying is, whether "why" is a valid question or not... isn't really the question
    It is a bit frustrating to read replies that almost dismiss your question. If people don't think it's something worth considering or answering, then they should just find the next topic they like.
    I'm going to have to get back to you with my answer. I'm curious what my precise motivation is at the moment I decide to change from boy mode to girl mode. I want to do it, but *why*? And no, "I do it because I want to" isn't a good enough answer. The interesting thing of course, is that there *is* an answer. There is a definite reason why for each of us. Just as there's a answer to why people like chocolate, although that's easier to trace via chemical reactions and endorphins.

I do get a sense that some of the reluctance a few have about probing the why, might be due to what they might find. None of us wants to find out that due to some key event in our childhood, we were somehow conditioned to take solace becoming the other gender, and that really it's all in our heads afterall, and that's not something I personally believe. Although, *everything* is in our heads I guess.

Because I totally, utterly, wonderfully adore it like nothing else in the world.

Firstly I get, in the right circumstances, immense sexual pleasure from cross dressing.

Secondly, as an habitual underdresser, I feel more positive about myself, more self aware and confident, and I am also much nicer to my co-workers and staff.

Seems good enough reasons to me.

Banned Read only
    When I first cross dressed I did it for sexual pleasure, but, then again I did not need to be dressed en femme to self gratify myself. So, why? I do not have the foggiest idea. Now I cross dress to relieve the mind of the burdens of war inflicted many years ago. Getting fully dressed changes me into a woman (at least mentally) as I do the chores around the house. It's less destructive than consuming abnormal quantities of booze and drugs, although those may be less costly than buying clothes!

If you don't want to read my bio, which explains it in detail, basically I always feel like I'm in the wrong clothes when I'm dressed as a male. But there's much more to it.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.