Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Girls have you encountered this kind of hatred?

Girls have you encountered this kind of hatred?

Hello all!
    I was on another TG site this past weekend and sent a message to a woman to say hello and ask if she wanted to chat. I was hoping to get to know her a little better.
    Here's the message I sent:

"Hello. I just wanted to send you a little message to say hello and tell you how awful I think it is that your family & friends have disowned you! It's wonderful though that your mood is still hopeful after all that. I would love for us to be friends and get to know each other better. I'm a CD'er from up here in Southern WI. I know you have probably gotten alot of messages from guys like myself but believe me when I say I'm quite different from the rest. I love that your a fan of Rush (the best group around!) and Sabbath and that you play pool! I'd love to find out what else we have in common. If you can look past me being a CD'er I hope you'll reply back and say hi.

Have a good sunday night!"

Here's the message she sent me back:

"I can't look past your being a "CD'er"
    The lowest form of life on the planet; Guys that get off by dressing in women's clothes and masturbating. And an ugly old guy at that.
    My being a transexual doesn't mean we have anything in common at all. F*** off. Go play with your pantyhose."

I must admit I've never received a message like this or had this kind of hatred pointed towards me. I will also tell you the thing that stung the most was that she thought I was ugly! I think I look pretty good! Anyway....have any of you girls encountered someone like this? I appreciate all your responses.

Dawn
    "It's only when I lose myself in someone else, that I find myself. I find myself."
    Depeche Mode

Banned Read only
    Sounds like a very unhappy transexual.

Seems she is a rather ignorant and intolerant transsexual. About the only thing that can be done is route her email to the junk box. Nobody needs that kind of bullfeathers.

Dawn,

I think you look very beautiful! And as Melinda said....this person is very unhappy, insecure, and negative person. Definitely not what people are who live in southern WI. I live in Waunakee, WI. Keep looking for better people....good luck!

Michelle

Banned Read only
    Several years ago, I went to a couple other boards, and I noticed a strong animosity between transexuals, and crossdressers. The transexuals seem to feel superior to CDers, like they are the real thing and we are impersonators. That's just my take on it, but the two just don't seem to mix well.

Truth, Love, Freedom Angiemead12's Avatar
    What a big B*^ch! Dont let that get to you! Just stay on our site.

But yes amongst the LBGT there is sub groups that dont get along!

Wow.. that's messed up. I never knew this sort of animosity between TS & CD even existed.. I've been to some get togethers that have been mixed of both TS & CD and everyone gets along great.

that seemed pretty rude since she was one once herself. hope it didn't bother you at all.

Aw I'm sorry Dawn. Those were some hurtful remarks she made.

Yeah a lot of TS view CDs as sort of fetishists who just want to imitate women for a sexual thrill. This type of behavior is definitely not something that many are proud of and the TS, who already have enough troubles in life [transition, losing family, friends, job, etc..], does not want more trouble from being associated with this. Thus she may grow to carry some animosity towards the CDer. Basically what I'm saying is that [not my personal opinion] many TS think that CDers makes the whole trans issue look bad. The CDer "what panties are you wearing" threads come to mind. Definitely not what I want to be associated with [no offense to all you panty thread people].. In my opinion both CD and TS stem from a similar source of transness. I believe that the CD feels sexual arousal due to the suppression of their innate "womanness" and that frustration is released as libido.

Now I definitely do not agree with the way she wrote her response.. it was hurtful and mean. But if I received a letter like yours I would suspect that you were coming on to me.. and would probably reply with something simple like "hi and thanks for your support!" and end it there.. no offense. You're definitely not an "ugly old man" though! Don't let her get you down and keep on doing what you do And there are many TS out there that are not complete bitches.
    Last edited by CatAttack; 12-10-2010 at 02:30 AM.
    like shooting stars in a barrel

Semi Sane innocent angel
    Dawn just shrug it off. The net is full of people with mental issues .
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.

Deep in the Heart of Texas..okay..DFW area
    Dawn, please tell me it wasn't on urna???? LOL..reason I ask is that I have been on that site and ran across a ts who just hated cd'ers with a passion because she could not understand how someone could just get into wearing fem clothes but not wanting to go all the way to be a woman, meaning having the operations. She was bitter, etc..

Sorry you ran across one of those. Its one who does not understand that not all of us are born in the wrong body...or have come to realize that.
    Marissa

"You better look hard and look twice,
    ...is that me, baby or just a brilliant disguise?"- The Boss

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I am so sorry you had to read such crap from an obviously troubled individual,there is im afraid some friction between some cd and ts,have had the "oh! Your JUST a transvestite"amongst other things,its sad it exists but I have met many more decent ts and indeed I count some as close friends.

I think you just have to put this down to experience,not everybody will get along,but I hope it doesn't put you off contacting others.And as for being called ugly,could have been worse wait till you've been told that you look like"Meatloaf in a dressthat one had me questioning myself LOL

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Hey sis were not all bad and many of us understand you hell i was a cd'r too ......not sure if thats a good thing to say lol. i'll love to go for coffee sometime
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

YIKES. That was certainly an unexpected reaction to a very sincere message. Wow.

Take it with a grain of salt, some people are just [insert explicative here] lol. Consider it nothing more than that! You would think that there would be SOME kind of commonality there in being "different", but that experience goes to show it's not always so, eh?

Don't sweat it too much. If I got that kind of reception, I'd probably be VERY upset and use that as motivation to try to incite some kind of humanity in the person. We're all the way we are for SOME reason. That fuels me to find a better way and try to radiate that to others. Whether that's futile or not is up to you. Don't let it bother you enough to feel bad about yourself. Pity the pitiful, just don't RESENT it and don't let it bring you down.
    [SIZE="2"]"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not"[/SIZE]

I always find it bemusing that someone that is generally mistreated by society, would inflict the same sort of treatment on someone else. While I'm sure there is some sort of personal issues this particular transexual is suffering. You would still think they'd be able to empathize. The internet for some reason seems to be an excuse for many to lose all mannerisms all together.

Quote Originally Posted by Melinda G View Post
    Several years ago, I went to a couple other boards, and I noticed a strong animosity between transexuals, and crossdressers. The transexuals seem to feel superior to CDers, like they are the real thing and we are impersonators. That's just my take on it, but the two just don't seem to mix well.
    Melinda, your probably right about this. I've gotten this feeling myself a few times in reading replies to other threads. It's too bad.
    Marissa, it was not on URNA.

Dawn
    "It's only when I lose myself in someone else, that I find myself. I find myself."
    Depeche Mode

Sounds like you were talking to my wife.... Sigh...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I've had a similar message once from another message board, it does hurt for a while but then you get to wondering why I just put it down to someone who is sad and lonely and will probably remain that way. We on the other hand have a good life to get on with and lots of nice friends specially since joining this group where every body is so nice.....................
    Last edited by Gina X; 12-10-2010 at 09:37 AM.
    [SIZE="3"]Lots of love Gina X[/SIZE]

If you sit near the river for long enough eventually the bodies of your enemies will float by......Chinese Proverb
    Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
    I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are still missing !!
    People who think they know everything, are especially annoying to those of us who do

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Hello all!

Here's the message she sent me back:

"I can't look past your being a "CD'er"
    The lowest form of life on the planet; Guys that get off by dressing in women's clothes and masturbating. And an ugly old guy at that.
    My being a transexual doesn't mean we have anything in common at all. F*** off. Go play with your pantyhose."

Dawn
    Dawn,

This is the kind of empathy we can easily do without. I hope it is not a typical reaction of TS's.

Claire
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Maybe her family didn't disown her for being Trans, maybe they did it because she was such an A$$.

It is definately an unfortunate reaction and I don't think it is typical of those who lean towards the TS side of things.

It also illustrates that no matter how we self-identify, there are distinct differences within our community that some people try to brush aside by rejecting labels. While one might argue that the label is at the heart of this example of venom and intolerance but my point is that by becoming educated about the many shining lights along the tg continuum, we can understand where others are coming from even if we don't necessarily identify with them. I would bet that for every TS who would say such things about CD'ers, there are CD'ers who think the TS experience and the steps one might take to transition are completely nuts as well.

And we wonder why the muggles have such a hard time getting their heads around our world???
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Mine too

Hi Dawn, Another Wi. girl here. No I have never encountered that sort of blatant hatred whether in person or by correspondence. It seem to me that the other person is totally wrapped up in her own self image. She probably shows disdain for anybody who can't be seen through her tunnel vision.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Just my thought or wutever here, not necessarily my own cast in stone feelings.
    Perhaps a majority of true TGs feel they are like more serious about womanhood in that they like now live their whole day to day life 24/7 as the women they are. There is no switching from being a male persona to a female, back and forth as the moment or situation arises. They never wanted to be a male and have no intention of ever going back for a second or a lifetime. Most have taken long non reversible measures such as HRT, possibly surgeries, legal name change and document upgrades with their female pictures and appropriate gender marker changes, any number of things conductive to a true 24/7 women, to further themselves as the female they truly are. They have like a much more different daily outlook on their lives since they don't think like Oh today I'll dress for a few hours as a women but later I have to get back into drab. They really aren't concerned with what color panties others are wearing or the amusing first time out in public at midnight in the car in back road farm communities....wutever. A true TG more than likely puts her bra on in the morning and takes it off at night , not the other way around. Many have truly lost family, friends, jobs and more as they have made a commitment to be truly "out" to the world as true female, there is no part time thingie here.
    I am not like even going to go there and say this gives them the right to be more holy than thou, but it is like a different situation. That letter was not right and I can not or will not condone it. We all, human to human, should still be given the dignity and respect that any human deserves. If man/women kind could all agree on all things then all those things society dictates as good or bad or normal would be a moot point.
    Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately, I guess to agree to disagree is what keeps life as we know it alive.
    I'm just playing devils advocate here, most of this is based on my personal observations as I progress to who I truly am, I can not nor will speak for others...like so totally not my place to do so.

She probaly is looking for a man and we don't fit into that image.She could have been a lot nicer in how she told you that.She was havivg a bad day but I have a saying{If your having a bad day go have it somewhere else}.I think you look nice.
    If I knew where it was going to take me I probably would have put my mother's panties back.