Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dressing question from a GG

Dress about once a week. 53 years old. My wife has known for 15 years, married 30 yrs.
    She is understanding of my need to do it . She knows I've done this since an early age.

There are times though I do not feel like dressing. Sometimes go for a few weeks.

I do go out dressed sometimes late at night or early in the morning to run small errands.
    Last edited by Andrea Renea; 12-12-2010 at 04:20 PM.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Haven't reached that saturation point yet,Of course who knows what events may occur in the future to get in the way of my dressing.But for now I'm just going to enjoy it to the fullest

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Under dresser here Sweet Pea, I tend to try and dress in a littel something everyday. Usually either panties or pantyhose. Sometimes stockings or thigh highs. But have gone for a month sometimes without dressing in anything.

Hi SweetPea, A really good question. As for me, I don't even understand why my dressing seems to be attached to how much I'm around the woman in my life. Right now I live with a female room mate that does not know about my dressing and most likely never will since she is just a roommate and not my SO. But for the most of 2 years I was living alone while my SO lives in Michigan. Now you'd think that with all that alone time I'd dress as much as I wanted to. But I am one of those that hates living alone. Add that to really missing the woman I love with all my heart, I just did not have that strong of a desire to dress. She is more that OK with my dressing and even enjoys my fem self around when she and I were living together here in Florida. In fact there were times that she would ask me to dress for the day to serve her as her maid. Those were the days I loved being a CD. It's one thing to have her total acceptance, support and understanding, but it was so special when it was her wanting me dressed for the day. So maybe it got like that old saying, "All dressed up and no place to go" without her around to participate. But when I think about it, for as long as I can remember, from my early twenties on, whenever I was not in a relationship and living alone, I still did not dress as much as when I was in a relationship and living with the lady of my life. Gee, maybe it's because any woman I live with gives of estrogen and makes me want to dress more. lol

I have gone years without dressing but still wanted to dress everyday. It is weird that Even though sometimes I don't dress, I still think about what I will wear the next time. BTW, light brown wool skirt, dark brown turtlenck sweater, calf high boots with dark brown tights...maybe tomorrow (or later today )

For 10 years after we got married, I surpressed my dressing. There was time that I wanted to, but I did not.
    I told my wife of my dressing over 5 years ago now. I really have not had a time yet that I did not want to dress. Sometime more then others, but I almost always would rather be in a dress.

Maybe if I actually had more time to dress, the feeling would subside a bit. But for now with the schedule I have and the little time that I do actuualy get to dress. I always have the desire to be dressed.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Still all great responses and shows us just how unique all of us are no matter gender or living situation. Your post brandyJ made me smile when you mentioned how much you missed and loved your SO

This is kinda another question which maybe you all can help me with. I have a horrid time with heels.. well first off i feel awkward in them cause as a GG I am naturally tall.. 5'10 and my husabnd is 6' so when I wear anything that has height on it I end up taller then him. He has no issues with it.. im the one that does and it probably goes back to childhood and bening teased for being the tall girl in school.. being called ostrich or ppl laughing saing i could hang glide on a dorito etc.. kids can be mean.. i was always taller then the guys back then. Ive always loved heels and stuff but just way to self concious about my own self to wear them.. which leads me to my issue..

my feet kill me in them.. from the time i put them on just about.. do you all have any tips or tricks with them and wearing them. I know they are bound to hurt eventually but my pain is constant. just curious if there is something out there i dont know about or havnt tried.. thanks in advance
    I love the fact that my husband can piss me off and make me laugh within seconds of each other!
    I can handle being alone, but doesn't want to be married and feeling alone.
    The only reason the grass looks greener on the other side is because you don't have to mow that lawn.
    Husbands are like children, they behave best when they are sleeping.
    It's always nice when your husband just looks at you and tells you out of the blue, "You are Beautiful"

I have had long cycles -- years sometimes -- of not dressing or doing it only very rarely in the past.

Nowadays, as Diane I have a bit of a social and business life of my own and therefore I am almost required to dress up at least once or twice a week when I am with people who only know that side of me. This has been good in a way, because it makes me dress regularly and avoids the huge emotional swings and the possible overdose of the dreaded pink fog when I start up again. I will admit that some days my enthusiasm for it is not as high as at other times, but once I get started with the clothes and makeup, my compulsion to do a good job with the illusion takes over and I do enjoy the process and results of transforming.

- Diane

Pausing To Femme-flect melissacd's Avatar
    I have separated from my wife of 25 years in large measure due to cross dressing. Living on my own affords me the ability to just be myself and dress most of the time. As was said earlier in this thread I dress in ways that are appropriate for the task or event at hand. I go out in public femme much of the time and when I don't I still look pretty femme and get referred to in the feminine most of the time, makeup or not. I have not owned any male clothing for three years now and never plan to buy anymore. I find that with my all female wardrobe that I can easily swing from femme to metrosexual male as needs arise. It is the way that I feel most comfortable and I am pretty sure that my need to dress in female clothing 100% of the time will never go away. I have no desire to medically transition to become a female, I am just happy being a male always, in some way dressed as a female.

In terms of high heels, I find that using those gel inserts helps a great deal for longer wear and comfort.

Melissa
    What stop do I get off at? Hmmm...

SweetPea, I am glad I made you smile. But I was simply stating the facts. She is my everything and more.

Now about your height and heels: I happen to like seeing tall women. I have no problem looking up into her eyes if I was with a taller woman. But then again, I like looking up to my SO anyway. In fact, I find it sexy and exciting to see a tall attractive woman. Those heels would just make yoiu look more confident or powerful as a woman. I say wear them. That is if you can find a pair that does not hurt your feet. Not knowing how tall of a heel you have worn, maybe try a pair that is a little lower. I know I can wear 2 inch heels all day without a problem. If I go to 3 inchs then they might hurt if I stand or walk to long in them. Go to 4 inches and I don't wan to be on my feel for long. I once had a pair of those fetish 6 inch heels. Trust me when I tell you, they are to wear laying down only! lol Zoie is confident in his male persona and has no problem with you being taller in heels. I think it's silly for a man to be uncomfortable around a woman taller then him. It's only those with weak egos that would not admire a taller woman at his side. OK, so that's my take on it. But I am one of those men that truly feels women are superior to men in many ways. They are the stronger sex. It's men and their silly egos that are weak, homophobic and shallow in my opinion. But that's another topic.
    There is nothing on earth as beautiful as a woman. If taller, it's just more beauty to gaze at. Be proud of yourself and your height.

You make a good point BrandyJ..Its that feeling for me as well to look up into my husbands eyes which I love.. given flat footed I am not that mujch shorter then him but when he hugs me it feels good at that level and not feel like I am a skyscraper lol.. he does love them and always wants me to wear them more and it makes me feel good that it doesnt bother him at all. See im not much into the shorter heels they have to atleast be 3+ inches.. cause thats what im attracted to most if i have to have heels.. although I love my ballet flats and can wear them with anything.. although its to cold now here and my feet freeze and they look silly with wool socks lmao!
    I love the fact that my husband can piss me off and make me laugh within seconds of each other!
    The only reason the grass looks greener on the other side is because you don't have to mow that lawn.
    It's always nice when your husband just looks at you and tells you out of the blue, "You are Beautiful"

Personally no, I have underdressed for well over 25 years and I don't own any male underwear. In some situations I may just wear panties which are not obviously female but that is as far as it goes. I would like to wear female outer clothes as and when I want but as I don't want to try and pass as female this is not easy.

Banned Read only
    Panties every day and love wearing them, drab most days but would dress fem every day if I could pass. It's hard to dress and go out and not wear the shoes and D-forms, but I would be outed and embarassed, it's sad that I can't.

I underdress everyday and have for years, panties everyday other items depend on the occasion and if I'm going to be around buggers. Every now and then I dress more depending on how I feel, like today.

I go for long periods of time without dressing but I used to stay dressed at my late SO's apartment for several days and I could see myself dressed 24/7 all the time IF there was time and a way!

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea_GG View Post
    You make a good point BrandyJ..Its that feeling for me as well to look up into my husbands eyes which I love.. given flat footed I am not that mujch shorter then him but when he hugs me it feels good at that level and not feel like I am a skyscraper lol.. he does love them and always wants me to wear them more and it makes me feel good that it doesnt bother him at all. See im not much into the shorter heels they have to atleast be 3+ inches.. cause thats what im attracted to most if i have to have heels.. although I love my ballet flats and can wear them with anything.. although its to cold now here and my feet freeze and they look silly with wool socks lmao!
    My wife is taller than me, but she has always hated heels. I love tall women, in heels or not! I love small women too, I just happened fall for a tall one!

I love heels and I find that I can cope with them well when I have been wearing them a lot! If I take a couple of weeks off dressing and don't wear them I am clumsy when I do wear them! So I think it is probably about constant usage and being adapted. Sometimes I have been able to walk for hours in my 4" heels, which work the best for me.. 5" is too high!... but other days (after a gap) it is a pain to walk 100 yards.
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Yes, there are times I don't bother with it. (maybe a day or two), but then I feel the need again. I'm sure the gg's also want to wear sweats and a hoodie on occasion too.

Quote Originally Posted by VanessaVW View Post
    I'm sure the gg's also want to wear sweats and a hoodie on occasion too.
    yes that has been me for the past umm too many years lol..

Quote Originally Posted by VanessaVW View Post
    Yes, there are times I don't bother with it. (maybe a day or two), but then I feel the need again. I'm sure the gg's also want to wear sweats and a hoodie on occasion too.
    Yes, but I bet they don't want to wear crappy y-fronts or boxers under their sweats? And I bet they still wear their bra's.

where i live, the weather often dictates how i dress. but since all i have are girls underthings, does that count as getting dressed up? like it's going on -23 f now, so a skirt or dress is out. so are jeans. as far as the urge to go all out, that comes and goes but it seems the urge follows the moon phases-big girl moon and little girl moon.and theres always the mood thing.will try to pay more attention to that,to see if theres a pattern

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    As with everyone else, I most certainly dress in cycles. There are an infinite set of reasons for this, but the bottom line is that Tina is a part of my life, not my entire life. Tina has to be balanced against everything else. Sometimes Tina just happens, or my wife invites her for an evening, or I just "need" Tina and she appears. I really do have problems with the time factor since it does take an immense amount of time for Tina to transition. It would be nice for Tina to be here for a few days at a time, but that won't be happening for a while. It's just life's priorities.

As for the heels, I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum. It turns out that heels appear to be a wonderful physical therapy for my back. I have some 4.5 inch clogs that I wear every morning before I put on my male clothes for work. That means I wear them at least an hour every day. In all my pairs of heels, I do have one that pinches my small toes in a way I can't seem to fix. Any little irregularities have been taken care of by keeping shoe trees in the heels. I wear heels for hours at a time and it really seems no worse than wearing any shoe. I will admit that when I get tired/forgetful and if I start walking in a more manly way, my legs start to get tired fast. There have been some threads here about walking in heels and they have some great tips! They might help!

For me, walking in heels feels like dancing...it is a whole body activity.

The summer time i dress less because i enjoy wearing shorts and sandals. As soon as fall hits and i see the woman on the streets wearing pantyhose again, it's every day. From October to April pantyhose are part of every day underdress cloth. Fully dressed i will dress once or twice a week when i can, but harder when the kids are off school.

Sweetpea...you are the greatest!

I don't dress most of the time, don't think about it & don't care to. Got MUCH more important things to do... Sheesh!

Then again, I'm probly atypical of most ppl here so...my opinion won't help you gain insight cuz it's not a thing w/me - not a driving thing anyways. Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by tracijae View Post
    Sweetpea...you are the greatest!
    umm didnt expect that but thank you